Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Wise was well proud of Nile at HT, said he only cost £25000 but that he needed another season in the Championship to "get ready" for the PL.

How did he cost us money? He was sacked from his old club, surely they couldn't sack him then demand a fee? ???

isnt there some rule where an u23 player even if out of contract you have to pay compo to his old club to get him

Wise was well proud of Nile at HT, said he only cost £25000 but that he needed another season in the Championship to "get ready" for the PL.

How did he cost us money? He was sacked from his old club, surely they couldn't sack him then demand a fee? ???

isnt there some rule where an u23 player even if out of contract you have to pay compo to his old club to get him

I just assumed there was a difference between out of contract and sacked.

I just assumed there was a difference between out of contract and sacked.

might have held onto his registration though

Confusing. Why compo if they sacked him? Thought you only had to pay for an U23 out of contract if his club had offered a good enough contract.

But anyway, good cameo indeed. Still needs a loan, but hopefully he'll be helpful to us this season while we have no one else.

Confusing. Why compo if they sacked him? Thought you only had to pay for an U23 out of contract if his club had offered a good enough contract.

But anyway, good cameo indeed. Still needs a loan, but hopefully he'll be helpful to us this season while we have no one else.

That's a good point actually, like Goslinggate.

I don't see why Wise would lie about having to pay £25k for Ranger in compo when guesting a Norwegian PL show tbh. :lol:

Also said he bought Guthrie and turned down bids for Krul and Carroll. Said Ashley wanted to sell Carroll but Wise was adamant he had to stay as he thought he'd turn into an important player for Newcastle.

He's mobile, which is such a good thing because all our other strikers are pretty immobile, except Carroll. He'll be able to offer something purely because he's got a bit of pace. I'd give him a start sooner rather than later and see what he's capable of because our other options - Ameobi, Lovenkrands and Best - aren't capable of much more, imo.

Exact transcript:

Host: "Newcastle they can bring on Nile Ranger, a striker that you know all about."

Wise: "Yeah, I brought Nile Ranger. I think it was twenty-five thousand pounds from it was at Southampton and we paid compensation for him. He's done fantastically, young boy, he's got power, pace, knows where the goal is, you know. He's, he's developing you know. Probably needs a year in the Championship to, to, play a lot and he could end up being a joint force striker with Carroll you know."

The typos are there as it's an exact transcript. O0

I don't believe you.

I like repeating myself, man. :lol: