Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Not really sure if that all was directed at me or not but for the record I don't look at Nile as a "scapegoat" - he definitely wasn't the worst person on the park on Wednesday - just that I think he really need to go out on loan, he looks a little lost out there on the pitch with the big boys.  I would love to see him come good in black and white.

Not directed at you, man. Just the forum in general look to find a scapegoat in the team when things are going badly. Before Ranger it was Barton, before Barton it was (rightfully) Perch. Albeit now Barton's making a strong comeback. :lol:

Williamson's reputation on here changed pretty abruptly on wednesday night. Moreso than Nile's, who we know is talented but out of his depth - and unsuited to the 'Barton into the box' tactic.

Only with stupid people.

Williamson's reputation on here changed pretty abruptly on wednesday night. Moreso than Nile's, who we know is talented but out of his depth - and unsuited to the 'Barton into the box' tactic.

Williamson got blatantly elbowed in the ribs under his armpit by Roberts for their 2nd goal on wednesday, should have been a free kick.

So Ranger is the new target, now that Perch has been dropped? ffs  :facepalm:

That post is even more embarrassing than your guff about Harper.

Fair point

Like fuck it is. Its not a sensible comparison at all (although some posters on here are not known for being sensible, they just like to have a go for the hell of it, and make themselves look even bigger tits day by day). My dislike for Harper has nothing to do with a comment about people being fickle (some of the eejits on here may want to look that one up)  :idiot2:

Only with stupid people.

Actually mine havn't changed, I still think his limited and think he gets lucky many times. He should've been sent off couple of times this season already. He seems to lose his head, while Ranger I still think has the talent to to become a decent striker but lacks that strikers instict because he's so inexperienced.

People have been too harsh on Ranger, IMO.  He hasn't done as badly as some have made out.  Like Wullie says, people had written Carroll off just last season.

I'm not saying Ranger is going to replace Carroll instantly because he isn't as good but at least give him a bloody chance.

People have been too harsh on Ranger, IMO.  He hasn't done as badly as some have made out.  Like Wullie says, people had written Carroll off just last season.

I'm not saying Ranger is going to replace Carroll instantly because he isn't as good but at least give him a bloody chance.

This

All people are saying is that he's better than Lovenkrands but still out of his depth at this level. It's not harsh, it's the truth. The lad was very unconvincing to say the least in The Championship. It's laughable that he's getting minutes at this level.

All people are saying is that he's better than Lovenkrands but still out of his depth at this level. It's not harsh, it's the truth. The lad was very unconvincing to say the least in The Championship. It's laughable that he's getting minutes at this level.

Did you not say the same about Carroll? ???

fucking idiots man.

Carroll is absolute shite and anyone who cant see that needs a kick up the arse.

Guest Stephen927

Let's be fair, there can't be many people who predicted Carroll would improve so much and so quickly. Can only make judgements on what you see and Ranger isn't doing the business at the minute.

fucking idiots man.

Carroll is absolute shite and anyone who cant see that needs a kick up the arse.

Indeed. Ronaldo's constant "I'm right and everyone else is a fucking idiot" spiel is becoming increasingly tiresome iyam.

Let's be fair, there can't be many people who predicted Carroll would improve so much and so quickly. Can only make judgements on what you see and Ranger isn't doing the business at the minute.

Anyone with a fucking brain in their skull knows that young players improve with experience, as Carroll has. I didn't think Carroll would become what he has either but I didn't expect him to come out the womb with a touch like Didier Drogba like some people on here.

Carroll at least attacked balls in the penalty area from the off, even at 18. Ranger doesn't, and when he does they end up in row z. He doesn't look like a striker and the club are to blame for this.

Funny how you never said anything about Carroll like this at the time, you just ranted about how shit he was, just like you do with Ranger.