Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

Thats not the case. I just think he's arguably the best (no pun) of a very poor group of back up forwards.

In an an ideal world, i'd have none of Best, Lovenkrands or Ranger anywhere near the first team.

Thats not the case. I just think he's arguably the best (no pun) of a very poor group of back up forwards.

In an an ideal world, i'd have none of Best, Lovenkrands or Ranger anywhere near the first team.

Or Shola, tbh.

Or Shola, tbh.

Problem is we'll more than likely have to shift two of them to bring one in who is better if we want to in January.

Guest Heneage

Best looked a lot more relaxed towards the end of last season, I think the pressure of coming into a winning side with strong competition got to him imo.

He's clearly not the finished article but its hardly encouraging that a very raw non scoring kid is now seemingly our back up striker.

I would still have Best ahead of him at this moment in time. In fact, where the hell is Best?

Would still rather see Xisco be given a chance. He did well in the pre-season and the games before his suspension.......don't see it happening though.

I thought the forward line improved when he came on, purely because he displayed a bit of pace and willingness to get on the end of balls. Shola just wasn't in it. Was he carrying a knock or what?

Reports from the Legends pregame were he had been pulled out of the team last minute, was surprised when I heard the team announcement and he was starting. Looked to be carrying something like.

I do hope games like that will go the distance in convincing Ashley to buy a striker in January, but I doubt it. I'm really getting sick the back teeth of the shat-pack of strikers we have to accompany Carroll.

Nile Ranger playing a full 45 minutes in the PL is nothing short of a disgrace. This is a player who looked like a little lost sheep in The Championship. And how's he ever going to improve here, by playing against the likes of Coloccini and Campbell in training? They'll just eat him for breakfast. He needs to steadily build a bridge to get to PL level, not take a run and jump - he'll just fall.  He should be out on loan to Huddersfield, simple as that.

Andy Carroll, man. What the f*** would we do without the lad?

I'm all for giving him some game time here and there. But not when we are chasing the game! Lovenkrands was definitely the better option for me today though i know he isn't good enough for this level either.

Need a premier league quality striker in Jan and to get rid of some of the junk we have up front at the moment. Send Ranger out on loan to a Championship or League One side. Getting time in the premier league should help him find a better club.

got slated yesterday off someone for suggesting that he isn't up to it.

He has two outstanding faults: laziness and sloppy passing when in positions where possession is paramount.

Rightly so too. Lazy, dear me.

Guest Stephen927

The Championship is a very different league. Ranger is better in this division than Lovenkrands, our depth up front is plentiful but the quality beyond our second best striker Shola is woeful. I'm all for giving youngsters a chance if they're good enough and the situation permits, but it's going to be very rare this season that we can bring on Ranger in a comfortable winning position. We need to invest so the likes of Ranger who have looked good at reserve level don't get left behind by other lads of the same age who have been out on loan in the lower divisions.

He's just not ready.

There was a chance in the second half, where I'm adament Shola would have scored or at least got a shot on target and he completely fluffed the ball.

He shouldn't start, in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Send him on loan ffs.

He's just not ready.

There was a chance in the second half, where I'm adament Shola would have scored or at least got a shot on target and he completely fluffed the ball.

He shouldn't start, in fact he shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Send him on loan ffs.

We were not sure he shot there.. I think it was a smashed cross.