Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

I'm torn on him starting, mainly because I think he would be better fresh attacking tired legs. If he can get a few goals by ripping tired defenders to shreds his confidence will rocket and he will be much better placed to start.

Loven vs Ranger is no contest for me mind (with Ranger pissing it).

I'm torn on him starting, mainly because I think he would be better fresh attacking tired legs. If he can get a few goals by ripping tired defenders to shreds his confidence will rocket and he will be much better placed to start.

Loven vs Ranger is no contest for me mind (with Ranger pissing it).

Ranger needs games as much as he needs games.  If he's putting more effort in during training because he's been asked to do that then he needs to be rewarded with games.

How many games, if any, has he started in the PL? We have only really seen him attacking tired legs, but whose to say he wouldnt be as effective from the start of the game? Worth a shot at least I reckon.

Disagree. Ranger is still a very much undeveloped player. He's all about work ethic, but offers the game not much more. But he' a diamond in the rough. Best is technically god, he needs to concentrate more. Loven is improving game by game, and should have sealed it agains Burn. But as Pardew has pointed out, we have to readjust our play because carroll has left. That means playing balls Loven like. And he's coming to more and more chances for each game, and that's important. If Loven was without opportunities during a whole game, I would have been more skeptical. I think he will seal the game today, in our advantage.

Disagree. Ranger is still a very much undeveloped player. He's all about work ethic, but offers the game not much more. But he' a diamond in the rough. Best is technically god, he needs to concentrate more. Loven is improving game by game, and should have sealed it agains Burn. But as Pardew has pointed out, we have to readjust our play because carroll has left. That means playing balls Loven like. And he's coming to more and more chances for each game, and that's important. If Loven was without opportunities during a whole game, I would have been more skeptical. I think he will seal the game today, in our advantage.

:jesuswept:

Ability wise, he's ahead of both Lövenkrands and Best for me.

As an athlete he certainly is. As a footballer, probably not.

I wouldn't say Lövenkrands or Best contribute that much to our general play. Their finishing is better looking at the number of goals they've scored, but Ranger is as good a target man as any of them. Lövenkrands has stopped putting away his chances this season which leaves him with next to nothing to offer.

How many games, if any, has he started in the PL? We have only really seen him attacking tired legs, but whose to say he wouldnt be as effective from the start of the game? Worth a shot at least I reckon.

Only started 10 for us altogether i think

I found it rather funny when he just stood there in front of Foster taking the freekick, then chased after the ball as if he had gotten away with it. Cracker gangster :lol:

Nice to see him using his gangsta tricks while playing.