Nile Ranger (now a free agent)

stozo

would a conviction be good enough grounds for sacking this t*** ?

We didn't sack Barton therefore his solicitor would argue a precedent had been set should we try to sack him and he would win any case for compensation.

not sure that would work as it isn't a legal precedent.

We didn't sack Barton therefore his solicitor would argue a precedent had been set should we try to sack him and he would win any case for compensation.

Why not? If we sack him and him, his agent, his solicitor and the PFA get involved in taking us to a tribunal to get his contract paid up and some compensation they would draw attention to the Barton situation and i'd be very surprised if the club could persuade a judge that there was any difference between the 2 cases.

Why not? If we sack him and him, his agent, his solicitor and the PFA get involved in taking us to a tribunal to get his contract paid up and some compensation they would draw attention to the Barton situation and i'd be very surprised if the club could persuade a judge that there was any difference between the 2 cases.

predecents only really matter in court. where i work people have been sacked for stuff others have got away with. they could cite his previous record at his current employer where rangers is appalling or that it's a sackable offence and it's obvious that we now need to make a stand on it.

Guest neesy111

A lot of differences, he's repeatedly been breaking club rule and getting multiple convictions etc.  Clear grounds to sack him, the club I think are trying to get rid of him to make some money on a deal but I think he'll be sacked before the year ends.

Guest BooBoo

Wow, what a shitbag.

Infuriating that this cretin "made it" with a contract when a shed load of talented kids fall by the wayside.

The problem with having great potential is that if you can't realise it, everyone considers you to be a waster.

Being a top flight athlete must require tremendous amounts of hard work and will power at a very young age.

I can't muster even half that hard work at 25. I would never have been able to at 19. I feel for these players who don't make it and I admire those who do.

It's one thing not living up to your potential, it's another being an absolute fucking moron.

If DL & MA want rid of the lad, they'll find a way.

Our best option now would be to loan him a lower league club and hope he makes a big enough impact for them (or some other clubs) to want him permanently.

Ultimately, however much of a cock he is, if he scores goals somebody will buy him.

He's not going to do that stuck in our reserves.

The badboy tag wouldn't put anybody off taking a punt on him if he looks capable of goals. Diouf, Barton, Big Dunc, Bellamy, Djib Cisse are/were all players with reputations but all capable of performing on their day.

All Ranger has to do is show he has some quality and someone will take a chance in the hope of bagging a bargain. Suppose that's what we did after he'd been thrown out of Southampton.

FWIW, I reckon the lad does have a natural talent, and its worth recognising that everybody matures at different times (may be more to it than that with Ranger, I don't know.............) but he's not going to get the next three years back. His Agent should be telling him that, surely?

Guest Stephen927

Haven't considered him a viable option for the first team for a long while now. Shame as I thought he had a real good shot at one point. If he had played his cards right he could have been learning from and playing alongside two very good forwards in Ba and Cisse. Total waste.

Guest BooBoo

Never saw anything in his game that suggested he'd really make it. Came on a few times and had a "nuisance effect" but zero panache or intelligence to his play.

28 minutes ago he tweeted he was off to ASDA. We need agents to get down there and smash up his range. He didn't specify which ASDA though.

Calling anyone based around Benton/Gosforth/Gateshead/OtherplaceshwereASDAsare

Get there, find a ridiculous looking range rover, smash it up good.

28 minutes ago he tweeted he was off to ASDA. We need agents to get down there and smash up his range. He didn't specify which ASDA though.

Calling anyone based around Benton/Gosforth/Gateshead/OtherplaceshwereASDAsare

Get there, find a ridiculous looking range rover, smash it up good.

Ashley's Sports Direct Arena marra. FTM

Ha. Just come on here to say I've just seen him in Benton asda with a basket full of Pringles, chocolate and other s****. What a bell end.

So you smashed up his Range!? Right!??!?! RIGHT@!?

I walked past him and didn't quite move out the way an acceptable amount so he had to sidestep me slightly. I'm a bad ass.