The 2008-09 Betting Thread

Benwell Lad

Guest GAMMELL

Love having:

Luton : Draw/Draw (ht,ft) 5/1

Peterborough : Draw/Draw (ht,ft) 9/2

Some random greek team at 6/5 (tipolis or something)

Gillingham at 6/4

won 363 for a 2 quid stake.

mintage.

Very nice man

best part about it was cleaning hills out, resulting in getting the last 30quid in fivers. Sweet.

:lol: Good work

I haven't won an accumulator in 8 weeks, prior to that I was taking paddy power for a riding, can't buy a win lately  :doh:

Love having:

Luton : Draw/Draw (ht,ft) 5/1

Peterborough : Draw/Draw (ht,ft) 9/2

Some random greek team at 6/5 (tipolis or something)

Gillingham at 6/4

won 363 for a 2 quid stake.

mintage.

Very nice man

best part about it was cleaning hills out, resulting in getting the last 30quid in fivers. Sweet.

:lol: Good work

I haven't won an accumulator in 8 weeks, prior to that I was taking paddy power for a riding, can't buy a win lately  :doh:

I havent won for months, so it was a sweet win.

Mainly go for ht/ft or draws otherwise the odds are turd. Probably why I never win to be honet. That greek team who did the business were only chosen because I liked their name. Might be my new strategy.

I got a bet up last night, except one of my teams was Darlington and their match got called off.

I thought if that was the case they just took that match off the accumulator and reevaluated the odds, but it's still showing my balance as £0.  :undecided:

Heinz 57: (put on 5p so it costs £2.85 and if they all come off I get £156)

Watford vs CRYSTAL PALACE

Macclesfield vs BRENTFORD

BRISTOL ROVERS vs Colchester

Lewes vs MANSFIELD

Notts County vs PORT VALE

West Brom vs BURNLEY

and also just shoved the last 43p in my account on the following accumulator:

Hartlepool vs WEST HAM

WEST BROM vs Burnley

Doncaster vs ASTON VILLA

HULL vs Millwall

Kettering vs FULHAM

PORTSMOUTH vs Swansea

and that one would net me just shy of a tenner.

Guest The Libertine

benni mccarthy to score anytime against the mackems - 9/4

gut feelings, doncaster to beat villa - 5/1, and millwall to beat hull - 5/1

Guest marky555

Ive got £1 on :

Kettering v Fulham (HT draw, FT Fulham)

Donny v Villa (HT draw, FT Fulham)

Chelsea v Southend (HT draw, FT Chelsea)

£1 returns £85. Howay

Guest GAMMELL

Ive got £1 on :

Kettering v Fulham (HT draw, FT Fulham)

Donny v Villa (HT draw, FT Fulham)

Chelsea v Southend (HT draw, FT Chelsea)

£1 returns £85. Howay

:lol:  Not bad

can anyone help here? ive just turned 18 so just put my first bet on. put a tenner on with betfair on millwall to beat hull. It says odds 5.6, so it says if i win i get £46 profit. surely it should be £56? also, on the confirmation screen where you take the bet, you can use the mouse and change the odds (?) i changed it up to 13 to 1, and then decided id leave it at 5.6 as theres surely a catch. can someone please explain? cheers

can anyone help here? ive just turned 18 so just put my first bet on. put a tenner on with betfair on millwall to beat hull. It says odds 5.6, so it says if i win i get £46 profit. surely it should be £56? also, on the confirmation screen where you take the bet, you can use the mouse and change the odds (?) i changed it up to 13 to 1, and then decided id leave it at 5.6 as theres surely a catch. can someone please explain? cheers

5.6 is the return, so includes getting your stake back. You'll get £10x5.6=£56 back if it wins, £46 of which will be profit, the remaining tenner being the return of your stake. Don't bother changing the odds on betfair, I can't be arsed to explain, but unless you really know what you're doing it's more trouble than it's worth.

5.6 is the return, so includes getting your stake back. You'll get £10x5.6=£56 back if it wins, £46 of which will be profit, the remaining tenner being the return of your stake. Don't bother changing the odds on betfair, I can't be arsed to explain, but unless you really know what you're doing it's more trouble than it's worth.

cheers. ill bear that in mind. a bit of research brings up something about matched bets but it still makes no sense. still, with any luck ill be OK!  :thup:

Chelsea vs Ipswich

Hull vs Millwall

Kettering vs Fulham

Portsmouth vs Swansea

Sunderland vs Blackburn

Watford vs Crystal Palace

Wolves vs Middlesbrough

Doncaster vs Aston Villa

£3.30 pays £892.23

Chelsea vs Ipswich

Hull vs Millwall

Kettering vs Fulham

Portsmouth vs Swansea

Sunderland vs Blackburn

Watford vs Crystal Palace

Wolves vs Middlesbrough

Doncaster vs Aston Villa

£3.30 pays £892.23

fucking hell! Talk about falling apart!

Speaking of Cheltenham, I have them to win at 6/1 (put on a fiver).

And they're 1-0 up. On course for only their 2nd away win of the season (and fund my takeaway and beer tomorrow night) :bluestar: ?

EDIT: I had two pound on Akinfenwa to score as well, and he just has. I only win £9 in total though, still not bad. :thup: