The KK factor

Guest Howaythetoon

I just like that I've been given the opportunity to love football once again.

I'd become so apathetic over recent years, not really caring, expecting us to lose more and more. As soon as KK comes along, I'm excited, I watch games and come on here because I want to, not because I feel like I have to.

So true, such shit is talked about Newcastle fans being fickle and how we expect to win the league/silverware.

I think if you asked 99% of fans they would say we just want a team we can be proud to stand behind, a manager who approaches the game in the right way... and a club that's run not too make us the laughing stock of the league.

It's hard to believe how much has changed from the previous regimes... I just hope KK is a bit more robust and mature now and can roll with the downs as well the ups. There's nobody like him, so he needs to stick around for a long time yet.

So true, such s*** is talked about Newcastle fans being fickle and how we expect to win the league/silverware.

I think if you asked 99% of fans they would say we just want a team we can be proud to stand behind, a manager who approaches the game in the right way... and a club that's run not too make us the laughing stock of the league.

It's like KK says, he wants a team "as good as the fans".

I just want a good team that we can be proud of, one that everyone sits back and thinks "Wow, Newcastle really are a decent side", and I want it so much more than a piece of silverware.

It's material, I'd rather have a hard-working, right-minded team and manager, rather than a crappy, lucky team that won trophies.

So true, such s*** is talked about Newcastle fans being fickle and how we expect to win the league/silverware.

I just want a good team that we can be proud of, one that everyone sits back and thinks "Wow, Newcastle really are a decent side", and I want it so much more than a piece of silverware.

It's material, I'd rather have a hard-working, right-minded team and manager, rather than a crappy, lucky team that won trophies. [b/]

Spurs or Portsmouth?

Guest stjamestoon

I thought KK pre-match interview was good, u could see how excited and upbeat he was.

It does rub off on u, i remember SA pre and post match interviews and they were dull and uninspiring.

Good thing about KK he is honest, he didnt try and make out we were better than we were.

I agree, was very refreshing to see a manager with actual passion, just hope we can kick on.. i personally fancy us if we can play like we did against manure to beat Arse..

It's material, I'd rather have a hard-working, right-minded team and manager, rather than a crappy, lucky team that won trophies.

Spurs or Portsmouth?

Why pick just one?

Guest f***thepress

KK ....love him 2bh i shall buy season tickets ..s'long as King Kev is ...messiah ...Christ figure ....whas like him? You can stick yer Fergusons n Scolaris up yer arse ...will take King Kev every time bar none guaranteed ...next!

I can't see a mention so far for Chris Hughton. So sure the new signings were excellent; and sure KK had the team believing; but if you want to know who got them organised off the ball then it's CH. I'd also say that Guthrie and Butt both holding in front of the defence made a difference - Butt's odd distribution apart.

Well done all.

I can't see a mention so far for Chris Hughton. So sure the new signings were excellent; and sure KK had the team believing; but if you want to know who got them organised off the ball then it's CH. I'd also say that Guthrie and Butt both holding in front of the defence made a difference - Butt's odd distribution apart.

Well done all.

Good shout  :thup:

KK ....love him 2bh i shall buy season tickets ..s'long as King Kev is ...messiah ...Christ figure ....whas like him? You can stick yer Fergusons n Scolaris up yer arse ...will take King Kev every time bar none guaranteed ...next!

right

His man-management is really the difference that sets him apart from 90% of other managers.

I would add belief in his footballing philosophy and courage under fire to stick to his guns.

I'd become so apathetic over recent years, not really caring, expecting us to lose more and more. As soon as KK comes along, I'm excited, I watch games and come on here because I want to, not because I feel like I have to.

So true, such shit is talked about Newcastle fans being fickle and how we expect to win the league/silverware.

It's hard to believe how much has changed from the previous regimes... I just hope KK is a bit more robust and mature now and can roll with the downs as well the ups. There's nobody like him, so he needs to stick around for a long time yet.

not gonna hide the fact i was a big critic of his appointment for a number of reasons but i have to admit i'm not sure i'd swap him for anyone at the moment, and i mean anyone

he's slowly but surely putting the pride back in the club (i think morts tenure helped there also i must say) and we'll eventually lose the 'laughing stock' tag...personally i couldn't agree with anything more than this:

"I think if you asked 99% of fans they would say we just want a team we can be proud to stand behind, a manager who approaches the game in the right way... and a club that's run not too make us the laughing stock of the league."

never met a toon fan in my life that cried about us not winning trophys personally, that's for wankers like manu, liverpool & arsenal fans to get excited about

last point about KK - one thing that really worried me about him was his demeanour at man city before leaving, he looked and sounded broken then left the game for 3 years so i had misgivings about him...they've been blown away, particularly when i think of it like this; he's older and wiser than first time around and appears to have a much greater understanding of the game (defensively particularly but also handling the press/pressure etc...) now than he did first time here, PLUS he's obviously still got the ability to motivate players like he used to

if he continues in this vein and gets the players he wants i reckon he'll be here 5 years easy

not gonna hide the fact i was a big critic of his appointment for a number of reasons but i have to admit i'm not sure i'd swap him for anyone at the moment, and i mean anyone

he's slowly but surely putting the pride back in the club (i think morts tenure helped there also i must say) and we'll eventually lose the 'laughing stock' tag...personally i couldn't agree with anything more than this:

"I think if you asked 99% of fans they would say we just want a team we can be proud to stand behind, a manager who approaches the game in the right way... and a club that's run not too make us the laughing stock of the league."

never met a toon fan in my life that cried about us not winning trophys personally, that's for wankers like manu, liverpool & arsenal fans to get excited about

last point about KK - one thing that really worried me about him was his demeanour at man city before leaving, he looked and sounded broken then left the game for 3 years so i had misgivings about him...they've been blown away, particularly when i think of it like this; he's older and wiser than first time around and appears to have a much greater understanding of the game (defensively particularly but also handling the press/pressure etc...) now than he did first time here, PLUS he's obviously still got the ability to motivate players like he used to

if he continues in this vein and gets the players he wants i reckon he'll be here 5 years easy

I was the same when he was appointed.  He said he'd not been to a game since he left City and I feared he would be out of his depth in terms of tactics as I feel they ahve progressed so much since he left us and City.

It seems you can get by with having decent tactics but letting the players express themselves in the way they want.  He gets the players to play to their strengths and encourages them so much.  I love seeing him on the touchline shouting "attack,  take him on,  do him" etc.  It must give the players so much confidence because under Allardyce they where told to take no risks,  under KK they are encouraged to and aren't punished if it doesn't always work out.

A prime example of his philosophy this season is Guthrie, ok hes only had 1 p[rem game, but he looks entirely different to how he did at Bolton because there it was all about keeping the ball, for KK yes it's about ball retention but it's more about when you see an oppurtunity for a risky but possibly very rewarding pass you are encouraged to do so.  The likes of Jonas, Martins, Owen, Guthrie and Duff will excel under Keegan as they can play the way they want and to their strengths.

If we cared so much about winning trophies, I honestly don't think we'd be supporting Newcastle right now.

Anyone who cared that much about silverware would have jumped ship years ago.

We're here because we love Newcastle and want Newcastle to succeed and build a team that will excite us and make us proud to wear the shirt once again.

It seems to me that KK has added an extra dimension to his managerial capabilities since he returned to the game - that of pragmatism..

The side DID play attacking football at OT, but it was based on hard work from back to front ; the display was more like a Liverpool away performance under Shankly - everything kept tight, strong at the back, but taking the game to Man U whenever possible.

Most of you will not have seen how Liverpool used to play in that era - they absolutely steamrollered teams at Anfield, but had a far more controlled approach away from home...

I thought that Jonas was far more like Peter Thompson or Ian Callaghan(wingers in that side)than Ginola EVER was, because he tracked back & helped the defence ; he is better at that than Zog, and he has played in the Prem for years.

Whether we look like Liverpool used to at Anfield when KK was there, will only be shown on Saturday..!!

Here's hoping..

I know most people aren't obessed with winning trophies, that's what I was trying to say. All I was hinting at was the press constantly going on about Newcastle's long wait for silverware and 'will Manager X finally be the one to bring a trophy to tyneside' etc.