England

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wes Brown is not a fucking international.

No he's not, but if Beckham hadn't been playing on the left wing then the Cechs wouldn't have been two-on-one against Brown.

Wes Brown is not a fucking international.

No he's not, but if Beckham hadn't been playing on the left wing then the Cechs wouldn't have been two-on-one against Brown.

Were they? Looked like Brown went in too hard on a challenge and took himself out of the play.

The problem is that however good the manager, he only gets like three days with the players every couple of months or whatever. So he's very unlikely to be able to greatly influence the tactics and style of play, nowhere near as much as a club manager can anyway.

So really, the only thing he has total control over is the selection of squad and team.

We're here in the only game he has for experimentation before the real business starts and we're still fucking shoe-horning players into a line-up we've established time and time again doesn't work, picking players who have no future in the team, and ignoring promising young talent.

What's changed?

I'm certainly not saying 'Capello out' btw. ;)

Does anyone actually care about England anymore, or like me do you just not give a toss? All I see during an international now is a bunch of over paid, over hyped wankers running about a pitch for the entertainment of cockneys and cab drivers. Golden Generation my arse.

I also feel ill at the jingoistic bollocks spouted in the press whenever we get to a major tournament. It's pathetic.

Does anyone actually care about England anymore, or like me do you just not give a toss? All I see during an international now is a bunch of over paid, over hyped wankers running about a pitch for the entertainment of cockneys and cab drivers. Golden Generation my arse.

I also feel ill at the jingoistic bollocks spouted in the press whenever we get to a major tournament. It's pathetic.

I always want them to do well. I'm always disappointed.

Nothing ever, ever changes with England.

We always pick the 11 best players rather than the best team.

That's why John Barnes got 80 caps despite playing about 3 decent games for us. That's why we're STILL seeing Lampard and Gerrard together not working.

Until we get over that, nothing will change.

Nothing ever, ever changes with England.

We always pick the 11 best players rather than the best team.

That's why John Barnes got 80 caps despite playing about 3 decent games for us. That's why we're STILL seeing Lampard and Gerrard together not working.

Until we get over that, nothing will change.

Exactly. New manager, same ideas.

Really, I couldn't give a toss any more.

I can't believe there are that many people prepared to fork out 60 quid a ticket to go and sit in the pissing rain to watch this bilge, either.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are trying to play like Man U, interchanging midfield, but we dont have the pace to do it

Dissappointing so far

Also, although i love the bloke (Becks), i think we need someone who can beat a fullback.

Same here.

Playing the games in various venues around the country was one of the better ideas in recent years btw. They should still be doing that, but then that doesn't pay for the farce that is Wembley does it.

dont disagree with putting gerrard out wide as i think to get the best out of him you have to take him out of central midfield, either by putting him behind the striker(s) in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3, or by shifting him out wide. at international level the pace is a little slower and there is more emphasis on ball control and retention and these aren't really his strengths, not only is he pretty average at these tasks it also takes away from his game which is 99% geared towards being an attacking threat.

wes brown scores...