So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NE5, you said Smith would do the job up front for us given the chance.

Do you still think that is the case or were you wrong? I just don't see why we need to buy another quality striker unless you were wrong.

Well, if you're going to start chasing people for replies, how about the hundreds of posters who all used to urge the old board to "splash the cash" and now slate them for spending "money they didn't have" and also are now saying its alright "not to splash the cash".

Nobody disputes that Smith has been a huge disappointment by the way. Shame, because he was pretty good at Leeds, the criteria you normally use when assessing footballers, wouldn't you agree ? On the other hand, I've asked you this before Dave, living in Leeds, but you don't seem to know, so did you live in Leeds at that time or not ?

I'll also add that Leeds supporters, at the time, were quite happy with him, and said that he was one of the best players. And, that is first hand information I have from Leeds supporters

Can't you ever just answer a simple question in a simple manner without going off-track? I'm asking about Alan Smith, here. Not the old board, not Leeds, not me, not me living in Leeds. Alan Smith, for Newcastle United since he signed.

Unbelievable. And you'll do exactly the same in response to this.

You don't get it do you Dave ?

I have answered, I thought - like Alex Ferguson - that he was a good player at Leeds and hoped he would succeed here at my club .

Whats so difficult about that ? It isn't as if I asked you something REALLY straightforward, like did you think he was a good player at Leeds when you lived in leeds ?

So you were wrong?

whats your point ?

Do you have a point ?

And why can't you answer what you thought of Alan Smith, re foresight ? Can't get much easier than that, can you. This must be at least the 3rd time .......

You don't live in Leeds do you ? Have you ever lived in Leeds ? Are you Ozzie Mandiarse in disguise ie the hindsight queen  bluelaugh.gif

If the tit is right about the Spurs player then it's Lennon and I say go for it. Lennon for Milner, we win.

ahgghghg! He's f***ing messing with everyone man!!! There is no advanced talks with Spurs!

I'd honestly rather have Milner. Lennon is that bad.

Guest elbee909

Milner to Liverpool in exchange for Pennant and Insua.

Just so Leeds get nowt.

Bates would come up and chop their lower legs off or something.

Guest Heneage

The thought of Bates going "What the fucks 10% of Jermaine Pennant!" Sned him his afro in the post .

So hes claiming Lennon and a la Liga midfielder. What a turd, why do people sit and lie like this whats the benefit.

The thought of Bates going "What the fucks 10% of Jermaine Pennant!" Sned him his afro in the post .

So hes claiming Lennon and a la Liga midfielder. What a turd, why do people sit and lie like this whats the benefit.

Maybe Dawson's new contract involved a clause allowing him to join us if Milner left?

Milner to Liverpool in exchange for Pennant and Insua.

Just so Leeds get nowt.

I like your thinking.

But i'd want Benayoun & Pennant.

Would be a good deal.  We could do with Pennants pace and Benayoun would be very useful as the attacking midfielder that many have been wanting.

Had both the Chelsea head guy and David Gill on SSN, asked them about transfers and both said to wait until Monday night to see what happens. So even these big clubs going for players they've been after for weeks are saying things will go to the wire.

Gives me a bit of confidence actually.

Had both the Chelsea head guy and David Gill on SSN, asked them about transfers and both said to wait until Monday night to see what happens. So even these big clubs going for players they've been after for weeks are saying things will go to the wire.

What that Billionaires Chelsea with a super squad can afford to let things go to the wire to get the luxury players they want?

Aye, am well buzzing about it too.

Dave you optimism is commendable, your logic however is unfathomable.

19 First team players (Excluding Milner) I make it, don't think I've missed anyone out?  obviously not including Krul,Forster,Edgar as they aren't good enough to play first team football yet. If we signed 3 players then I think we'd be fine up till January but the squad really is scarily thin without them.

GK:Given,Harper

RB:Beye

LB:Enrique,N'Zogbia

CB:Taylor,Coloccini,Bassong,Cacapa

MR:Geremi

ML:Duff,Jonas

MC:Guthrie,Butt,Barton

ST:Owen,Viduka,Martins,Smith

Dave you optimism is commendable, your logic however is unfathomable.

Well if it's that easy and that much better to do deals before the season starts, why haven't these clubs got their long-term targets yet?

Just making the point that even the richest clubs, whom players are willing to crawl across broken glass to join, will be doing business right up to the point at which the window closes. Hoping we will be too.

19 First team players (Excluding Milner) I make it, don't think I've missed anyone out?  obviously not including Krul,Forster,Edgar as they aren't good enough to play first team football yet. If we signed 3 players then I think we'd be fine up till January but the squad really is scarily thin without them.

GK:Given,Harper

RB:Beye

LB:Enrique,N'Zogbia

CB:Taylor,Coloccini,Bassong,Cacapa

MR:Geremi

ML:Duff,Jonas

MC:Guthrie,Butt,Barton

ST:Owen,Viduka,Martins,Smith

Edgar and Krul already have.