So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yawn.

So, you don't live in Leeds then ? And you had no opinion whatsoever on how Alan Smith played for Leeds ?

Well done on missing an entire page of the thread. :lol:

no, I've just looked at the last 2 hours of your posts, and don't see a reply.

Yawn.

So, you don't live in Leeds then ? And you had no opinion whatsoever on how Alan Smith played for Leeds ?

Why would I need to reply? You've proven my point, which is that you're completely and utterly incapable of admitting when you're wrong. No backbone. You'll do absolutely anything to avoid it, including bringing where I live into it. :lol:

Even when I told you I was expecting the diversion trick again, you did it. And you'll do it again with this post. :lol:

Yawn.

Pissed off he is stealing your "thing"?

;)

Guys,guys, guys... you got to read between the lines here...

Ashley said he's gonna stun us with a WoW signing ;D

1. Sept every toon supporter will have their very own genuine copy of WoW (World of Warcraft) in their mail box mackems.gif

How's that for a WoW signing:P

1. Sept every toon supporter will have their very own genuine copy of WoW (World of Warcraft) in their mail box mackems.gif

Sponsorship deal with blizzard worth tens of millions.

Yawn.

Why would I need to reply? You've proven my point, which is that you're completely and utterly incapable of admitting when you're wrong. No backbone. You'll do absolutely anything to avoid it, including bringing where I live into it. :lol:

Even when I told you I was expecting the diversion trick again, you did it. And you'll do it again with this post. :lol:

haha. Irony personified.

I'm sure everyone else can see my reply by the way.

Yawn.

Pissed off he is stealing your "thing"?

;)

nah, Basically, he insinuated he'd replied, and I thought I'd missed it.  But he hasn't.

Irony is, if I had, I'd have admitted I'd missed it. While Dave continues to avoid answering a simple question about how he viewed Alan Smith as he must have saw him or heard about him at close quarters earlier in his career.

This is hardly stretching the imagination, its a fairly reasonable thing to ask.

NE5, you said Smith would do the job up front for us given the chance.

Do you still think that is the case or were you wrong? I just don't see why we need to buy another quality striker unless you were wrong.

Well, if you're going to start chasing people for replies, how about the hundreds of posters who all used to urge the old board to "splash the cash" and now slate them for spending "money they didn't have" and also are now saying its alright "not to splash the cash".

Nobody disputes that Smith has been a huge disappointment by the way. Shame, because he was pretty good at Leeds, the criteria you normally use when assessing footballers, wouldn't you agree ? On the other hand, I've asked you this before Dave, living in Leeds, but you don't seem to know, so did you live in Leeds at that time or not ?

I'll also add that Leeds supporters, at the time, were quite happy with him, and said that he was one of the best players. And, that is first hand information I have from Leeds supporters

Aye, I was wrong about him. We need another quality striker because sadly he's shown he's not good enough.

That's all I was after. :thup:

Ps - I added that bit in, just fyi.

NE5, you said Smith would do the job up front for us given the chance.

Do you still think that is the case or were you wrong? I just don't see why we need to buy another quality striker unless you were wrong.

Well, if you're going to start chasing people for replies, how about the hundreds of posters who all used to urge the old board to "splash the cash" and now slate them for spending "money they didn't have" and also are now saying its alright "not to splash the cash".

Nobody disputes that Smith has been a huge disappointment by the way. Shame, because he was pretty good at Leeds, the criteria you normally use when assessing footballers, wouldn't you agree ? On the other hand, I've asked you this before Dave, living in Leeds, but you don't seem to know, so did you live in Leeds at that time or not ?

I'll also add that Leeds supporters, at the time, were quite happy with him, and said that he was one of the best players. And, that is first hand information I have from Leeds supporters

Aye, I was wrong about him. We need another quality striker because sadly he's shown he's not good enough.

That's all I was after. :thup:

Ps - I added that bit in, just fyi.

Well, the point is he was good enough when he was at Leeds. Which is what I asked you, for what you thought of him when he was at Leeds, either your own opinion or the opinion of the locals who had. This being the basis on which Alex Ferguson bought him, and also being the basis that myself and others on here also thought and hoped he would succeed.

Does you little credit, not replying and doctoring others' instead. Like a bit of a bairn tbh.

Thought you were better than that.

:doh:

You just don't understand what I was getting at all along. All I wanted was for you to admit you were wrong. You can't bring yourself to do that.

End of discussion.

FWIW, I agree with Jon.

Smith being a world-beater at Leeds is one of the biggest myths in modern football tbh. He looked "promising" at best.

You know how bad it is? "Smith at Leeds" is actually a commonly used phrase here in Korea. Refers to anyone who was good at something a few years ago but is absolute shit now.

No, I'm not joking.

Alan Smith. :lol:

Is that the one you rated and was brought to the club by the manager you wanted at the club?  I guess he could come good and eventually score a goal for us if he plays up front for the rest of his career and we face a team without a keeper.

:doh:

You just don't understand what I was getting at all along. All I wanted was for you to admit you were wrong. You can't bring yourself to do that.

End of discussion.

FWIW, I agree with Jon.

I don't think you understand too much yourself Dave. Like I said, I'm sure plenty of others understood my point.

Double standards all the way isn't it ?

Alan Smith. :lol:

Is that the one you rated and was brought to the club by the chairman I wanted at the club?  I guess he could come good and eventually score a goal for us if he plays up front for the rest of his career and we face a team without a keeper.

tidied. Seems this sort of thing is OK.

I hope not I just cancelled my second account with Blizz. Had my fill of the grindfest. LOTRO and Warhammer Online (in about 3 weeks) is were it's at now :)