So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love to see Turan

Jonas......................................................Turan

Alternating would be as good as anything in the league!

Larsson from Birmingham would do me, better player with more upside.

Agreed.

nowt spectacular but would be a solid signing.

How about Wigan`s right winger, Valencia?

I'd take either of those two and be very pleased with getting rid of Milner.

Still need a central midfielder and probably a striker after that though.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

I wouldn't mind Turan and Jonas on the flanks, constantly alternating during the game.

;)

this window is killing me now, the milner thing has just added a lot more pressure I reckon.....I must admit I'd be pretty pissed off if we don't have someone in by this friday, otherwise its going to be panic time....

Is it just me or has Milner handing in a transfer request turned into "ZOMFG THE CLUB ARE USELESS, NO SIGNINGZ!!!!!11111111" in some people's heads, or am I just imagining things?

You're certainly not imagining it.

If Milner leaves we need a replacement, but the other plans won't have changed a jot. For me, the KK comments are much more worrying.

Is it just me or has Milner handing in a transfer request turned into "ZOMFG THE CLUB ARE USELESS, NO SIGNINGZ!!!!!11111111" in some people's heads, or am I just imagining things?

If Milner leaves we need a replacement, but the other plans won't have changed a jot. For me, the KK comments are much more worrying.

For me it's actually KK's quotes that have turned me into a ZOMGer ! I was sure up until reading them that the couple of players he was after were  in the process of being finalised but I'm not so sure now. The Milner affair has absolutely no bearing on that.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

Personally I don't feel a replacement is essential in this window. Yes, it would be nice. But with Geremi, Duff, N'Zogbia and Spidey all in the squad who could play on the right if needed, we have bigger priorities this window.

Are you talking about Keegans comments on Owen?  What's that got to do with signing new players..

Taken from the Journal KK quotes:

“My optimism gets less the nearer that you get to the deadline. I’m still hoping that we’ll get a couple in, but if we don’t we’ll just have to soldier on,” he said.

“I haven’t got enough players. I have lost five forwards and I’ve not got any people to come in. We had two teenagers on the bench tonight. I suppose that if we don’t get any new players, I’ll just have to wait for all of those strikers to come back.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=united-boss-desperate-for-signings%26method=full%26objectid=21613105%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

Going public with this message is a clear indication that KK is trying to put pressure on the board to bring in some new faces. I thought tbh we were past that stage, I thought we were just finalising deals :(

Milner may not need replacing directly in this window (ie) signing a right winger.  However, it would accentuate the need for us to get a CM and striker as they are the positions where we have been counting on him as cover.  All in all it would make the situation more desperate.

Milner may not need replacing directly in this window (ie) signing a right winger.  However, it would accentuate the need for us to get a CM and striker as they are the positions where we have been counting on him as cover.  All in all it would make the situation more desperate.

:thup:

Guest hikickry

Would love to see Turan

Stealing my ideas are we? ;)

a lot of people's idea tbf  :pow: that looks class to me

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love to see Turan

Stealing my ideas are we? ;)

a lot of people's idea tbf  :pow: that looks class to me

Get over yourself  :razz:

Newcastle and Aston Villa are keeping tabs on Standard Liege midfielder Marouane Felliani, although they could be put off by the Belgian club's £10m price tag. (Daily Mail)

Heneage, is he any good?

"Known for his heading ability and stamina which makes him one of the best box to box midfielders in the Jupiler League."

Played vs Liverpool and created a lot of problems for them. Good in the air. Always makes his opposition be quiet:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/04sD8qwdN76pM/610x.jpg

Have liked the look of him tonight. Huge presence and gets around the pitch to break things up, also very tidy with the ball. Nice looking DM.