So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had both the Chelsea head guy and David Gill on SSN, asked them about transfers and both said to wait until Monday night to see what happens. So even these big clubs going for players they've been after for weeks are saying things will go to the wire.

Gives me a bit of confidence actually.

Dave you optimism is commendable, your logic however is unfathomable.

Well if it's that easy and that much better to do deals before the season starts, why haven't these clubs got their long-term targets yet?

Just making the point that even the richest clubs, whom players are willing to crawl across broken glass to join, will be doing business right up to the point at which the window closes. Hoping we will be too.

OK then.  BTW my Granny thinks it may rain tomorrow, so that obviously points to the fact that Guthrie will have a monster season.  :cheesy:

Kamil Zyatte. Scraping the barrel with Everton.

They do this every year though wait till the last minute, pick up some strange signings then pull out 1 big one. Fully expect a big name from then before the window closes.

Yawn.

Well stop doing impressions of Roger Irrelevant FFS.

How the f*** is it irrelevant?

Your original point completely is, clutching at the thinest of possible straws.

So I'm being positive and remembering that even the biggest clubs will be doing business right up until the window closes on Monday. Yeah, what an idiot I am.

Yawn.

So I'm being positive and remembering that even the biggest clubs will be doing business right up until the window closes on Monday. Yeah, what an idiot I am.

Nowt wrong with being positive mate, but WTF does comments from the big wigs oat Chelsea and Manure have to do in relation to NUFC's transfer window. Nothing whatsover is the answer.

Like I said I'm not having a go at you for being positive, I certainly wish I could be but I'm nervous as fuck right now.

Yawn.

and make "panic signings", right ?

Yawn.

Nowt wrong with being positive mate, but WTF does comments from the big wigs oat Chelsea and Manure have to do in relation to NUFC's transfer window. Nothing whatsover is the answer.

Like I said I'm not having a go at you for being positive, I certainly wish I could be but I'm nervous as fuck right now.

I've already explained, it just makes me feel a bit less like there's only us who are cutting it fine. Even the biggest clubs are doing it.

Reading this forum you'd think everyone else had finished their business and all was fine and we're going down with the smallest squad in England.

I think the panic signing label can only be used if the player was brought in for the sake of getting another body in, rather than someone who would directly improve the first team squad.

I'll see what we've got come Tuesday before I start throwing toys out the pram and going on about how the board failed or succeeded or were better than the old one or whatever.

Why would we want another center back?

Wiki says he plays RB as well, so I suppose he could be cover for Beye.

Obviously would be disappointing if he was our only signing.

Yeah, the Echo said we were looking at him as a right back and decided to sign Jacobsen instead. That was yesterday's paper I think.

I imagine he will be back up for Beye.