So, who's signing in the final week?

Coxaux
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Apparently Leicester have rejected a £5m bid from Us and a host of other clubs for Joe Mattock.

Looked decent when i saw him (the once) heard a lot of people raving about him, but £5m for a club in League one, and rejected, stupid cunts....if true.

Apparently Leicester have rejected a £5m bid from Us and a host of other clubs for Joe Mattock.

Looked decent when i saw him (the once) heard a lot of people raving about him, but £5m for a club in League one, and rejected, stupid cunts....if true.

'Apparently'?

'Apparently'?

Paper talk on SSN's.

Fair play to Leicester tbh. I wish more lower league clubs held onto their players. What would Leicester do with £5m anyway?

Fair play to Leicester tbh. I wish more lower league clubs held onto their players. What would Leicester do with £5m anyway?

You could get a fair few very good players for league one with that money, not to mention the fact his price can only drop as no one is going to pay more than 5m for a player playing in league one.

You could get a fair few very good players for league one with that money, not to mention the fact his price can only drop as no one is going to pay more than 5m for a player playing in league one.

Or on the other hand, Leicester are actually aiming for promotion. What's to say he won't be playing in the Championship next season?

They don't really need the money anymore - they need the players to get them promoted.

Or on the other hand, Leicester are actually aiming for promotion. What's to say he won't be playing in the Championship next season?

They don't really need the money anymore - they need the players to get them promoted.

And with 5m you couldn't help to achieve that?

It's not actually that easy to spend £5m in league one and come away with players who would improve the team. I know that sounds like a strange thing to say, but I've seen it first hand with a number of teams.

It's not actually that easy to spend £5m in league one and come away with players who would improve the team. I know that sounds like a strange thing to say, but I've seen it first hand with a number of teams.

Were you spending it like?

I'd have kept Sharp and Keogh tbf ;)

You could have bought them two for £5m.

Mattock isn't worth £5m to Leicester really. A £1-2m left back would be enough for what they need.

You could have bought them two for £5m.

Mattock isn't worth £5m to Leicester really. A £1-2m left back would be enough for what they need.

To be honest I don't think it's completely about the money. It's about showing the fans that the club wants to keep it's better players and compete at the top of the league.

At Scunthorpe, nobody cared about the millions we got for Sharp and Keogh - we wanted to keep them. Didn't help club relations one bit.

Sheff United slapped a £10m price tag on Sharp :D

Fuking hell £10m.

said when he moved to Sheff Utd we should have got him, excellent cover for Owen, he'd be knocking em in in the prem for us, growing in stature every week imo.

Gutted, blatant talent just like Young or Ashton.

Fuking hell £10m.

said when he moved to Sheff Utd we should have got him, excellent cover for Owen, he'd be knocking em in in the prem for us, growing in stature every week imo.

Gutted, blatant talent just like Young or Ashton.

Needs another season in the Championship. Another great example of a player who shouldn't be sold by his club. Sheff United with him have a chance of promotion.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1378964,00.html

KEVIN Keegan is confident that he will have bolstered his black-and-white ranks by the time Monday's transfer deadline slams shut at midnight.

The Toon boss revealed at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Arsenal game that the Magpies have four or five "irons in the fire" with at least two of those "quite a way down the line".

"I would think we've got a very good chance of getting three or four players in," the United boss replied when asked if he expected to bring in new faces following the completion of James Milner's move to Aston Villa on Friday.

"The money (from Milner's transfer) will be available to me.

"But the money was there to buy players even if we did not sell James Milner.

"We're looking for three or four to bring in and I think we'll get them.

"We have four or five irons in the fire with two of them quite far down the line."

But Keegan is determined to add only real quality to his squad while also revealing that he has emerged from Wednesday's meeting with owner Mike Ashley in a very positive frame of mind.

"We had a great meeting on Wednesday," he added.

"The owner is absolutely committed to this club.

"But Mike Ashley can only give us the finance, we have to get the right players in.

"It's now a case of getting that quality in before Monday.

"You got lets of offers of players at this time of year but the secret is to pick the right ones.

"If you're going to let players go you have to make sure you replace them with quality.

"No-one will argue that the ones we've got in so far are quality.

"They are players who care and put the shirt on and do a real good shift for the club.

"But we are in a great position at this club because we have not got any deadwood.

"Some clubs are looking to move five or six on but we're now just looking to add to our squad."