Coventry City (a)

James

I'd be surprised if Smith doesn't start this game. I would prefer that Owen not play the full 90 minutes at this point, and who knows, maybe Smith can finally get a goal against a lower-division team. It's not ideal (obviously) but he's going to have to play at some point.

He's supposedly taken a knock and was never going to be used for the Bolton game. Will probably get a run off the bench though.

I'd like to see Guti on the right with N'Zogbia on the left.

KK said that he only put Smith on the bench to make it look stronger, he was never going to actually be used due to injury. If that's actually the case, doesn't seem likely at all that KK would risk throwing him out there for an early round cup game. KK also said he threw Owen out last game even though he was only 75% fit, I don't see KK risking starting him in that condition on only a couple of days rest for a cup game, especially with the lack of strikers available for Arsenal, though Owen will probably come off the bench in the second half. No Oba, Viduka, Caroll also, and I'm not sure about Duff's little knock in the Bolton game, but wouldn't think he'd be available either. That leaves...no one.

Guest Darth Toon

Given the relative fitness or otherwise of Owen and Smith I reckon KK will maybve try and get 90 minutes between them, probably starting with Owen, then looking to get Smith on to tighten things up later (by which stage we're winning comfortably, obviously....)

Harper

Beye - Taylor - Coloccini - Enrique

Geremi - Guthrie - Gutierrez

Milner - Owen - N'Zogbia 

Guest Brummiemag

Unlike most Premier League teams, I'd like to think KK will play the strongest team available for this game, after all it represents our main chance of silverware this season

I'd be surprised if Smith doesn't start this game. I would prefer that Owen not play the full 90 minutes at this point, and who knows, maybe Smith can finally get a goal against a lower-division team. It's not ideal (obviously) but he's going to have to play at some point.

again, isn't Smith injured?? why do people keep putting him in their starting lineups?

again, isn't Smith injured??

Thought it was relatively minor given KK's postgame quote of

"I had lost both my forwards and I had Alan Smith, who is injured and I promised I wouldn't put him on unless there was a crisis."

why do people keep putting him in their starting lineups?

Because they're assuming it was minor and that 3 days of rest likely cleared it up?

Owen needs match fitness play him I say get him abit sharper for Saturday.

.......and i'd always start with the strongest possible team and then rest players if we are a few goals infront, instead putting out a weak team then throwing players on in the 2nd half when it could be to late.

(8)NILE RANGER(8)STR888888888888 LIKE A BANANA !!!!!!!!! SKY SPORTS 1 2MOZ COVENTRY CARLING CUP ! WATCH IT INVOLVED

....Think that means he's involved, emphasis on the "think".

:lol: :lol:

Guest Heneage

I hope Zamblera plays.  I'd like to see what sort of player he is.

From the match reports i've read, hes a bit like a Del Piero in the sense hell hang off the striker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

......................................Given.....................................

Beye................Taylor......................Colo........................Bassong

Geremi...............Guthrie..................Butt......................Zog

...........................................................Jonas..........................

...............................Smith..................................................