Coventry City (a)

James

Guest Howaythetoon

KK won't take this fixture lightly, I reckon we'll put out a strong side with Owen starting and Milner playing Duff's position, with Zoggy wide left, Jonas wide right, Butt and Guthrie in the middle and Enrique at LB with Harper, Beye Taylor and Collocini in defence.

5 games in 13 days for a lot of our players.  With a lot of travel for some.

I'd expect a changed team.

Hope not tbh. Carling Cup is a competition we could go far in. In a way would rather field the weakened team at Arsenal as we'll likely get beat or only pick up a piont there anyway whereas the Carling Cup if we field a full strength team we could likely make it the the Quarters or maybe even further.

I think it will be:

Given

Beye    Taylor   Colo   Enrique

Geremi   Guthrie   Butt   Jonas

Milner

Smith

Put Owen in for Smith and that's what I think it'll be. If it were a league game I think N'Zogbia would continue but KK might give Enrique a run out.

No idea on the scoreline, I'm delighted with our start to the season but I wouldn't be surprised to see us slip up in this game.

I don't think KK will risk Owen. We have to be able to beat Coventry with the line-up I mentioned, even with Smith uprfont. It's the perfect chance for him to start scoring.

5 games in 13 days for a lot of our players.  With a lot of travel for some.

I'd expect a changed team.

Hope not tbh. Carling Cup is a competition we could go far in. In a way would rather field the weakened team at Arsenal as we'll likely get beat or only pick up a piont there anyway whereas the Carling Cup if we field a full strength team we could likely make it the the Quarters or maybe even further.

You get nowt for reaching the quarters of the Carling Cup though.

Overstretching Owen, Guti, Milner, Taylor or whoever could leave us without options for the whole season.  I think Keegan would do well to avoid that risk.

Mebeez start at full strength and go all out attack to have a clear half-time lead and change things about.

Looking forward to this actually,

Harper

Beye Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Geremi Guthrie N'Zogbia LuaLua

Smith Owen

3-2 win

to be honest this is a huge opertunity for players like smith to get going, good perforamnce and a goal under his belt

it would boost his confidence he so despretely needs

if he has a poor game i really think theres no hope

its a perfect opertunity for him to step up to the plate

fingers crossed - i just want anyone in black and white to succeed

to be honest this is a huge opertunity for players like smith to get going, good perforamnce and a goal under his belt

it would boost his confidence he so despretely needs

if he has a poor game i really think theres no hope

its a perfect opertunity for him to step up to the plate

fingers crossed - i just want anyone in black and white to succeed

After Hartlepool and Doncaster i really lost hope on Smith, he's so bad that he's probably going to cause us to lose the game, hope i'm wrong though.

I'd go:

Given

Beye   Taylor   Coloccini   Zog

Geremi   Butt   Guthrie   Jonas

Milner

Owen

I'd go something similar but with Enrique in at LB and Bassong replacing one of the CB's.

Guest Geordiesned

Not even the end of August and we're already in a striker crisis. We definitely need one before the window shuts.

Don't worry Wullie, Duff should be fit! ;)

Am I mising something? ???

I thought Keegan said Smith was only named as a sub on sat to "boost the lineup" and he had no chance of playing, seems unlikely then - however useful it would be - for him to be starting let alone playing on Tuesday night.

Oba definitely out, Owen unlikely to start (possibly a sub) as he's only just coming back from injury and getting match sharp - you'd rather have him competing against tired defenders in the last 20 than psyched up defenders in the first half.

.com reporting that Zamblera, Ranger or Donaldson could feature. Got a feeling the latter might get a run out, maybe from the start, along with Zamblera on the bench. Would rather they got 20-45mins each than Ameobi hobble along on one leg.

Thinking:

GK: Given/Harper

RB: Beye

LB: Enrique

CB: Taylor

CB: Bassong/Cacapa

CM: Geremi

CM: N'Zogbia

CM: Guthrie

RWF: Milner

CF: Donaldson

LWF: Guttieriez

Subs:

Given/Harper

Edgar

Collocini

Basong/Cacapa

Butt

Owen

Ranger/Zamblera

In an ideal situation, injury permitting, bringing on Edgar for Beye or Geremi/Guthrie after 50-55mins. Then Donaldson or Jonas (if we're comfortably ahead) off for one of the other youngsters after an hour or so, along with a final 30 mins for Owen to get a bit more playing time and match sharpness ahead of Arsenal on Saturday