If Carlsberg did Transfer Rumours.. (Berbatov)

Colos Short and Curlies

Is there any way we can get this onto NewsNow or similar?

Would love to see if we could get this onto SSN or some gossip roundup

I'd suspect it's just to send a tip to Alan Oliver/Lee Ryder with a fake name saying you're itk and that you know Berbatov might come to Newcastle instead of Manchester United, throw in the image of Berbatov with the Newcastle shirt as well and claim he's a die hard fan.

Surely I'd have to quote that sources close to me have suggested....

Things have been quiet on the transfer talk front at the Chronicle, I'm sure they'd swallow it whole.

Would be funny like, especially if they take it seriously and we see a similar outrage to when we got Owen (ie, how dare a half decent player potentially go to a club outside the top four, who the hell do xxxx think they are wanting to buy/hold on to a player who could be on Man U's bench, what a waste of talent it would be to have xxxxx playing for xxxxxx)

Why would we want to sign a player that wouldn't want to play for us as he's thinking about Man U all the time

Good question.

To which I would respond: What about Alan Smith, Nicky Butt or Michael Owen (lusting after a return to Liverpool), Charles N'Zogbia (Arsenal/Spuds)...

Why would we want to sign a player that wouldn't want to play for us as he's thinking about Man U all the time

Good question.

To which I would respond: What about Alan Smith, Nicky Butt or Michael Owen (lusting after a return to Liverpool), Charles N'Zogbia (Arsenal/Spuds)...

Yes but Man U want Berbatov, Smith and Butt would never return to Man U as they aren't good enough, Benitez doesn't want Owen but I do think the N'Zogbia situation is similar.

Good question.

Yes but Man U want Berbatov, Smith and Butt would never return to Man U as they aren't good enough, Benitez doesn't want Owen but I do think the N'Zogbia situation is similar.

Controversial, I know, but I think the majority of players on our squad, being human, have probably at one time or another gone through phases of wishing they were playing for a "bigger" club. It's to be expected.

I can see no harm in us taking on Berbatov on loan if it was at all possible, assuming the Man U deal falls by the wayside, and assuming Berbs burnt his bridges with Spuds and Ramos...why not have him up here?

1.Why would he join us when he clearly wants to move to Man U, he'd rather stay and hold out for the move

I will reply to the first question with another question:

Would he risk holding out and in the end not playing for a season? Probably not. (That's my guess at least.)

Well it depends on who has more endurance I guess.

spurs, spurs fans, and the london media are at fault for over hyping him and turning his time in the premiership into an all-white jizzfest. serves them right. no way is he worth 30 million odd quid. i hope this ends really badly for spurs. i really do.

as for berbatov himself....he's a quality footballer with a very questionable temperament. if he can't be professional enough to play for the team he's contracted to, then we should steer well clear imo. he would be the sort of signing we would have made under Shepherd.

f*** him, f*** fergie, and most importantly f*** spurs

Guest MrSundlofer

spurs, spurs fans, and the london media are at fault for over hyping him and turning his time in the premiership into an all-white jizzfest. serves them right. no way is he worth 30 million odd quid. i hope this ends really badly for spurs. i really do.

as for berbatov himself....he's a quality footballer with a very questionable temperament. if he can't be professional enough to play for the team he's contracted to, then we should steer well clear imo. he would be the sort of signing we would have made under Shepherd.

There is a swede called Teddy Lucic who played with Berbatov in Leverkusen. He said Berbatov was really quiet. Did not say a word...

:clap: