James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm still stunned at the turnaround in opinion on the player. Sure there's not much time left but everyone slags him off to fuck and says he'd be easy to replace as he's so shit. Now he's on the verge of leaving and reading some of these posts it's like we're flogging Martins. :laugh:

Why would he not be interested in Man City or Everton but would be in coming here? KK that much of a pulling factor?

And his Dad, The Toon is the one club he wished he had played for. He won't let Shaun make a mistake twice in his career with choice of club

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/08/27/Prem-MON-refuses-to-comment-on-Milneris-looking-for-new-players/

Martin O’Neill is remaining tight-lipped on speculation that Newcastle winger James Milner could be on his way to Aston Villa.

The England Under-21 international handed in a transfer request at St James’ Park on Wednesday morning, sparking rumours he could be set for a return to Villa.

The 22-year-old spent a season on loan at Villa Park from The Magpies for the 2005-06 campaign and appeared to be close to sealing a permanent switch when O’Neill took over, but he was recalled to the North East before a transfer could be finalised.

And with Milner’s shock request to leave Newcastle, Villa have been put firmly in the frame as a contender for his signature.

That is something O’Neill has refused to comment on, but he has admitted he hopes to bring in some new faces before the transfer window closes on Monday.

“I couldn’t tell you anything about that,” O’Neill told reporters when directly asked if he was looking to snap up Milner. “What I can tell you about is that we’d like to try and make some signings between now and the transfer deadline.

“We’ve got a good number of targets in mind, and those may or may not materialise. That wouldn’t be any different to any Premier League football club.

“We wouldn’t mind trying to add to the squad if at all possible.”

When probed about the failed permanent transfer of Milner to Villa Park two summers ago, O’Neill continued to dodge the issue of the player's imminent future.

“That’s absolutely correct and that was two years ago,” said O’Neill when reminded of the summer of 2006.

“It didn’t materialise at that time so I just go back and say to you that we would like to try and add to the squad if at all possible. We’re making every effort to do so, and we wouldn’t be the only club.

“It is a pointless exercise to talk about players, either coming into the club or potentially going out. We don’t really want to lose anybody, if it’s at all possible.

“If we are unable to add some players then we will go with what we have.”

Surely he would just deny they've any interest in Milner if they weren't after him?

I'm still stunned at the turnaround in opinion on the player. Sure there's not much time left but everyone slags him off to f*** and says he'd be easy to replace as he's so s***. Now he's on the verge of leaving and reading some of these posts it's like we're flogging Martins. :laugh:

I'm not slagging him off I still think he's a great talent and will be great in the future. But if he wants out let him go and I think he can be replaced inhouse already.

Why would he not be interested in Man City or Everton but would be in coming here? KK that much of a pulling factor?

KK was the man who made him.

All very nice but careers move on as do ambitions.

Duff and Geremi?

There you go sorted, so need two young up and coming talented players to replace these all in the future for free that's what Wise is in his job to sort. Right now we buy a left back a striker and a attacking midfield as before.

People are quick to forget what an amazing place SJP is to play. Have you ever been to an away ground? I can tell you that our ground and our city must really impress when people come to play there.

As SWP says, Man City are in turmoil and Everton have never been an attractive club to play for, someone mentioned it earlier.

We have had a great start to the season and KK knows SWP very well, it would be a marriage of convience. I honestly don't think that the UEFA cup is a huge pulling factor TBH.

He's only really played well under KK. Been pretty poor for both Chelsea and England. I think if we got KK involved and he promised to make him a star again we'd stand a very good chance of convincing him.

I still think we have a little bit of romance about us that those clubs don't, too. Though that's just me talking as a fan, obviously.

I'm still stunned at the turnaround in opinion on the player. Sure there's not much time left but everyone slags him off to fuck and says he'd be easy to replace as he's so shit. Now he's on the verge of leaving and reading some of these posts it's like we're flogging Martins. :laugh:

Milner had a good game last night, mostly because he was trying harder than most, but in terms of ability he has always been one of the worser players  in and around the first team.

Milner had a good game last night, mostly because he was trying harder than most, but in terms of ability he has always been one of the worser players  in and around the first team.

:lol:

Guest Mucky01

Milner would NOT have put a transfer request without him having a club to go to, whoever it might be doesn’t matter – unless it’s the mackems.

Anyone know how much SWP is on at chelski? I would guess £60k per week which would be too much for us and a lot of other clubs.

:lol:

:razz:

Guest sicko2ndbest

He wouldnt be in the fukin side if Barton Geremi and Duff were all fully fit

Theres a reason hes played 76 under 21 games and still playing when he is 23!

Not top notch by any stretch of the imagination

Beckham

SWP

Bentley

Young

Lennon

Agbonlahor

Cole

All in front of him for England