James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Mucky01

I feel like my housewife has run off with the milk man without any warning. She seemed happy and never complained about anything, apparently now she needs more and was never happy.

Stupid bitch.

bet you would let her go for a better model though?

Those stats confirm what most of us already thought. He won't be a huge loss for us.

They confirm that stats can be used to prove anything lol Did he not miss most of his games under KK ?

Last season, when Villa played Zat Knight, statistically we let in far fewer goals.

That'd suggest that Knight is a better player than Curtis Davies.

Hmmm.

Do rate Milner like Brummie?

He will do a good job, if you sign him but he is no great player and certainly not going to be worth what you would have to pay for him.

the way I see it, the transfer request will be the catalyst for a giant transfer merry-go-round that will see

milner to villa

barry & riera to liverpool

penant & hyppia to stoke

arshavin to spurs

lennon to everton

benayoun to west ham

ashton to newcastle

right....i just completely made that up....but who can blame me! im fuckin bored!!  :colo:

If you want SWP or Lennon over Milner you need to get your f***ing head checked.  Milner may not be as fast as SWP/Lennon but at least he has an end product and knows how to cross the ball.  The timing of all this reeks of s***, something is amiss behind the scenes.

I never try to criticise posts on here but wow, what a poor post.

Sounds like a guy who watched his very first Newcastle game last night.

Milner put in a great performance last night but I have seen him put in plenty of good performances over the last few seasons unlike SWP/Lennon who have really good form of sitting on the bench.  Milner has, overall, been very consistent and he's always out there trying his hardest, SWP or Lennon aren't good enough to get the chance regularly.

You are simply wrong. I have watched Milner plenty of times over the last 3 seasons and i can tell you that he has no end product and is not good enough to be in our first team. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't get assists, however i concede his work rate is brilliant but so is Alan Smith's.

At least Lennon and SWP have pace, which can at least cause oppo some problems. That's ignoring the fact that they have better skill too.

Those stats confirm what most of us already thought. He won't be a huge loss for us.

They confirm that stats can be used to prove anything lol Did he not miss most of his games under KK ?

Last season, when Villa played Zat Knight, statistically we let in far fewer goals.

That'd suggest that Knight is a better player than Curtis Davies.

Hmmm.

Do rate Milner like Brummie?

He will do a good job, if you sign him but he is no great player and certainly not going to be worth what you would have to pay for him.

I do rate him, as do most of our lot.

If you asked who they'd prefer, most would take Milner over SWP. He's exactly what we're looking for at the moment and would add much needed balance to our midfield.

He was excellent in his season with us.

John Robertson - one of the best crossers of the ball ever - did a great job with Ashley Young, I reckon he could do a similar job with Milner.

Would be a massive blow to lose him. I really think he contributes a lot to the team with his work rate and ability to create stuff. Also, he has got tremendous potential and he'll probably grow at Villa or whereve he goes. If he goes i'll miss him bigtime and I really hope we bring in a respectable replacement.

My main point is that if SWP or Lennon are our replacements then I'd rather keep Milner as he's a better overall player.  If we've got someone like Jonas lined up however, I'd have no problem letting Milner go.  It's mostly the timing of this whole mess that's the most distressing.  I rate Milner but also realize he's not the best, albeit better than SWP/Lennon - I'd be very disappointed swapping Milner for either of those clowns.

Would be a massive blow to lose him. I really think he contributes a lot to the team with his work rate and ability to create stuff. Also, he has got tremendous potential and he'll probably grow at Villa or whereve he goes. If he goes i'll miss him bigtime and I really hope we bring in a respectable replacement.

origami boats and air planes don't count

A winger should be one of the most contributing players on a football pitch over the course of a season.

They are in the team to create goals (10-15) and score goals (10+ ideally). Milner doesn't do this and never has.

Robert, Ginola, Robben, Giggs, Overmars, Petrov, Ashley Young, Bentley(perhaps) - all examples of wingers who consistently create/created and score/scored a significant number of goals every season.

Pennant is a far better crosser than Lennon, SWP and Milner. So he has the end product, does a crossing winger play to our strengths tho? maybe if we sign a target man also? if not with Viduka's injury record it could be argued if we want the best out of owen we need a midfield that will supply him and martins something to run onto? I accept they score there fair share of headers but these are small strikers that will be dominated in the air against good defenders.

Pennant is a far better crosser than Lennon, SWP and Milner. So he has the end product, does a crossing winger play to our strengths tho? maybe if we sign a target man also? if not with Viduka's injury record it could be argued if we want the best out of owen we need a midfield that will supply him and martins something to run onto? I accept they score there fair share of headers but these are small strikers that will be dominated in the air against good defenders.

Yes like Martins was against Man U.

Need to get as much as we can for the spotty gimp

Never rated him, always tries i'll give him that but if lastnight was just a come and get me performance to Martin O'neil what's he being doing for the rest of the time?

No quality in picking players out and not great at shooting i'd be over the moon to get 9 mil for him.

A winger should be one of the most contributing players on a football pitch over the course of a season.

They are in the team to create goals (10-15) and score goals (10+ ideally). Milner doesn't do this and never has.

Robert, Ginola, Robben, Giggs, Overmars, Petrov, Ashley Young, Bentley(perhaps) - all examples of wingers who consistently create/created and score/scored a significant number of goals every season.

Robben is the biggest gay ever.

Pennant is a far better crosser than Lennon, SWP and Milner. So he has the end product, does a crossing winger play to our strengths tho? maybe if we sign a target man also? if not with Viduka's injury record it could be argued if we want the best out of owen we need a midfield that will supply him and martins something to run onto? I accept they score their fair share of headers but these are small strikers that will be dominated in the air against good defenders.

Yes like Martins was against Man U.

Note the quote "I accept they score their fair share of headers" Not exactly know for his headers is he, unlike a Klose type player

:weep: This really does surprise me. Didn't strike me as the greedy type or unhappy. But then again this is just normal now in football and the old geordie saying 'shy bairns get nowt' usually seems to be the case. Agents seem to encourage their clients to make a bit of a song and a dance about things in order to get what they want, which most of the time seems to be money followed by success. Puts me off football, the greed  >:D , the obscene amount of money they are paid, the almost total lack of loyalty to home town clubs i just don't understand it at all. i.e. Very hypothetically speakng, I'd want to 100% to play for the Toon, if man u offered more money and success, i still woulden't want to go as i'm black and white through and through.

However we can't afford to let Milner leave, really rate the lad, he's been a credit to himself and the club up until now  :clap2:, i'd give him the same deal as Taylor if thats what he really wants . Not as if he's demanding to be on a par with little Mickeynow is it.

Guest Mucky01

KK states his need for more players of a higher quality.

Smith then Shola failed sales to get the money balance for new players.

KK talks up the value of Milner.

Aston Villa make NUFC offer for Milner,

Seemingly Leeds have discussed their cut of the Milner(?) transfer.

KK talks up Milner as full England international class and thus raising his valuation.

Milner plays a great game on the telly, with MON in the stand watching.

Milner puts in a written transfer request.......

....smells like a cunning plan?

KK states his need for more players of a higher quality.

Smith then Shola failed sales to get the money balance for new players.

KK talks up the value of Milner.

Aston Villa make NUFC offer for Milner,

Seemingly Leeds have discussed their cut of the Milner(?) transfer.

KK talks up Milner as full England international class and thus raising his valuation.

Milner plays a great game on the telly, with MON in the stand watching.

Milner puts in a written transfer request.......

....smells like a cunning plan?

Other clubs maybe, Us - No chance

Tapped up for definite but they cant ethically bid for him unless he asks to leave.

After the Barry to Liverpool debacle we would be stupid to ask for any less than 12 million for him.

He was their player of the year 2 years ago and IMO is better than Barry (18M !) anyway.

Lets call their bluff, 12million or he stays, like Barry.

:weep: This really does surprise me. Didn't strike me as the greedy type or unhappy. But then again this is just normal now in football and the old geordie saying 'shy bairns get nowt' usually seems to be the case. Agents seem to encourage their clients to make a bit of a song and a dance about things in order to get what they want, which most of the time seems to be money followed by success. Puts me off football, the greed  >:D , the obscene amount of money they are paid, the almost total lack of loyalty to home town clubs i just don't understand it at all. i.e. Very hypothetically speakng, I'd want to 100% to play for the Toon, if man u offered more money and success, i still woulden't want to go as i'm black and white through and through.

However we can't afford to let Milner leave, really rate the lad, he's been a credit to himself and the club up until now  :clap2:, i'd give him the same deal as Taylor if thats what he really wants . Not as if he's demanding to be on a par with little Mickeynow is it.

Milner uses the PFA Agents don't think they are usually the dodgy, money grabbing, underhand type.