James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

by the way this must have been picked up by someone elsewhere, it's from the guardian's fiver the other day and although that's a pisstake i'm gonna presume these stats are correct:

"Last season Milner contributed a grand total of two

assists to Newcastle - fewer than renowned creator Joey Barton - and

boasted a cross completion rate of just 18.39% - worse than ace

flankers Stephen Hunt, Eddie Lewis and George McCartney. Newcastle

won a mere 24% of the matches in which Milner featured, compared to

44% of those in which he didn't play."

assuming they are true, and it's not a big assumption, i'd take villas 9m personally

[no idea how there stats compare to other wingers mind, just seem very looooooooooooow indeed]

Milner has shown his true colours, he's only motivated by money, therefore any reaction by the crowd should be a negative one, as he can't just feel he should get a new contract when he feels like it, does he think he run's the club or something?

That is total rubbish.

His attitude has been spot on and admirable given the way the club treated him over that Villa fiasco.

Why shouldn't he be paid as much as some of the gash that he plays with - Taylor being a prime example - total double standards.

You have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes but if the Taylor rumour is true then I think that's fair enough, I would do the same in my job if I thought a colleague who was on the same level/inferior to me was being paid more.

His attitude throughout on that pitch has been to give a 100% everytime and idiots giving him jip on the pitch will not help anyone.

he doesn't decide the wages at the club and trying to exercise player power

he will use this 100% committment thing, to get the fans to be on his side, and it's all bollocks

smith gives 100%, does he deserve a payrise then?

I believe Smith is one of the highest earners in the club so your argument is void.

although they're young and promising players, Taylor, Milner and N'Zogbia shouldn't be signing new contracts every other year, because the other guy got one..

of course, I don't have an idea how much they're paid, but their performances simply don't deserve an improved salary on whatever they've agreed on previously.

There are plenty of other overpaid crocks and crooks, that should fuck off before Milner, but I'm not sorry to see him go..

Guest neesy111

Milner has shown his true colours, he's only motivated by money, therefore any reaction by the crowd should be a negative one, as he can't just feel he should get a new contract when he feels like it, does he think he run's the club or something?

That is total rubbish.

His attitude has been spot on and admirable given the way the club treated him over that Villa fiasco.

Why shouldn't he be paid as much as some of the gash that he plays with - Taylor being a prime example - total double standards.

You have no idea what has gone on behind the scenes but if the Taylor rumour is true then I think that's fair enough, I would do the same in my job if I thought a colleague who was on the same level/inferior to me was being paid more.

His attitude throughout on that pitch has been to give a 100% everytime and idiots giving him jip on the pitch will not help anyone.

he will use this 100% committment thing, to get the fans to be on his side, and it's all bollocks

I believe Smith is one of the highest earners in the club so your argument is void.

then the arguement that he give's 100% everyweek, so he deserves our support over this is flawed as well

That is total rubbish.

then the arguement that he give's 100% everyweek, so he deserves our support over this is flawed as well

Smith should get our support if he gives 100%, it isn't his fault he gets picked - why would you not support anyone who gives a 100% on the pitch?

Guest neesy111

That is total rubbish.

Smith should get our support if he gives 100%, it isn't his fault he gets picked - why would you not support anyone who gives a 100% on the pitch?

that's the impression i get from a lot of the fan's on here

if he's handed in a transfer request, then he doesn't want to play for the club, you don't hand in transfer request's just because you don't get your own way

therefore he doesn't deserve our support and he shouldn't get it as well

That is total rubbish.

if he's handed in a transfer request, then he doesn't want to play for the club, you don't hand in transfer request's just because you don't get your own way

If he doesn't want to play for the club then he shouldn't be picked and while in principle I agree with what you are saying, I would not give him negative at the match as I don't happen to think he has put in a transfer request because he doesn't want to play for the club but because he wants to be on a par wage wise with some of his peers - which I actually think is fair enough,

As I have said, I would do it and it wouldn't be because I didn't want to work for the firm but I wouldn't be happy sitting, working beside someone who is doing the same job/worse job than me and getting more money, just because they kicked up a fuss like I did and they got their own way.

I don't think these things are black and white and booing him/being negative towards him can't help the team.

Guest neesy111

That is total rubbish.

If he doesn't want to play for the club then he shouldn't be picked and while in principle I agree with what you are saying, I would not give him negative at the match as I don't happen to think he has put in a transfer request because he doesn't want to play for the club but because he wants to be on a par wage wise with some of his peers - which I actually think is fair enough,

As I have said, I would do it and it wouldn't be because I didn't want to work for the firm but I wouldn't be happy sitting, working beside someone who is doing the same job/worse job than me and getting more money, just because they kicked up a fuss like I did and they got their own way.

I don't think these things are black and white and booing him/being negative towards him can't help the team.

don't know where you work, as some companies sack employees for asking for pay rises

That is total rubbish.

don't know where you work, as some companies sack employees for asking for pay rises

Bloody heck, don't fancy working for someone like that!  No chance of that!

Tell that to Shay Given who handed a transfer request in when Harper was getting pick ahead of him.

I don't think Milner really wants to leave. I think he's just used the transfer request as a way of trying to force NUFC to renegotiate his contract. I do think Milner deserves to be paid the same as Taylor. I would sell Milner for £10m but I am not confident we will be able to buy a replacement in time.

Tell that to Shay Given who handed a transfer request in when Harper was getting pick ahead of him.

Good point.

When did Given hand in a transfer request?

Good few year back. He'd been injured and didn't get his spot back and so handed in a transfer request. Fans weren't best pleased he got a bit of booing, said he made a mistake got on with it and all was forgiven.

Good point.

neesy111 - you do come across as a complete tosser. not supporting a player in black and white? you're not expected to love every player but you should certainly cheer them on for the 90minutes - to outright claim that Milner "doesn't deserve our support" - incredulous.

Regardless of these circumstances or any other circumstances, while they're on the pitch playing for the club they deserve our support. If  you feel strongly enough that you morally can't bring yourself to do so, then display this attitude by staying silent and not encouraging said player.

People who 'boo' players on their own team are morons, particularly if it's at the beginning of a match.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Profiles/0,,10278,00.html

Lost his place briefly in the first team to friend and rival Steve Harper over the Christmas and New Year period due to injury which prompted a transfer request from the Irishman. But this was quickly withdrawn as Shay admitted he had acted in haste.

Guest Chubby Jason

Good few year back. He'd been injured and didn't get his spot back and so handed in a transfer request. Fans weren't best pleased he got a bit of booing, said he made a mistake got on with it and all was forgiven.

Ahhh....I have no memory of that what-so-ever.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4059634,00.html

Keegan hopes Milner stays

Magpies boss reluctant to part with winger

By Chris Burton  Last updated: 28th August 2008

Kevin Keegan is refusing to discuss the prospect of losing England Under 21 international James Milner.

The Newcastle winger handed in a shock transfer request on Wednesday, with Aston Villa now reported to be leading the race for a player who enjoyed a successful loan spell in the Midlands back in 2005.

Keegan's reluctance to accept that the 22-year-old could be heading out of St James' Park is born out of the frustration which has seen him fail to add suitable numbers to his squad this summer.

The Toon chief has made it clear that he does not have a sufficiently big enough squad to compete in the higher echelons of the Premier League.

However, his words appear to have fallen on deaf ears as the club's board refuse to sanction more arrivals.

Deadline

To make matters worse, Keegan may now see his plans hindered further by the unwanted sale of one of his more creative influences.

"James has a three-year contract. I do not want to talk about losing him," he said.

"He is absolutely top notch - around the club, around the training ground. He is getting better and better every game."

With a mounting injury list giving Keegan cause for concern, the former England manager admits he is running out of time in his pursuit of fresh faces.

"My optimism gets less the nearer we get to the deadline (1st September)," he added.

"I suppose if we don't get anybody, we'll just have to soldier on and wait for everybody to come back."

By Chris Burton   Last updated: 28th August 2008

Kevin Keegan is refusing to discuss the prospect of losing England Under 21 international James Milner.

The Newcastle winger handed in a shock transfer request on Wednesday, with Aston Villa now reported to be leading the race for a player who enjoyed a successful loan spell in the Midlands back in 2005.

Keegan's reluctance to accept that the 22-year-old could be heading out of St James' Park is born out of the frustration which has seen him fail to add suitable numbers to his squad this summer.

The Toon chief has made it clear that he does not have a sufficiently big enough squad to compete in the higher echelons of the Premier League.

However, his words appear to have fallen on deaf ears as the club's board refuse to sanction more arrivals.

Deadline

To make matters worse, Keegan may now see his plans hindered further by the unwanted sale of one of his more creative influences.

"James has a three-year contract. I do not want to talk about losing him," he said.

"He is absolutely top notch - around the club, around the training ground. He is getting better and better every game."

With a mounting injury list giving Keegan cause for concern, the former England manager admits he is running out of time in his pursuit of fresh faces.

"My optimism gets less the nearer we get to the deadline (1st September)," he added.

"I suppose if we don't get anybody, we'll just have to soldier on and wait for everybody to come back."

Some rehashtastic quotes there.

By Chris Burton  Last updated: 28th August 2008

Deadline

Some rehashtastic quotes there.

Aye. :lol:

That's two separate interviews I think, cobbled together to look like a direct response to the transfer request. Wankers.

Guest Chubby Jason

I really don't think I could stand another window that fails to back up the club's big talk. If we don't bring in anyone else then Wise and Ashley's non-football mates should be sacked because they will have failed miserably.

Lock the windows and doors, Keegan may be about to bolt..

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

In a thread littered with madness and mayhem, this could be the sanest post thus far...

The anti-Milner brigade have, in their indignation, thrust aside reason and poured derision on the young winger. Several times throughout this thread well-reasoned posts defending Milner's actions have been ignored - usually in favour of "I'm too lazy to read what others think, but Milner is a cunt". Well, I'm with Milner, and I'd be happy to debate with anyone prepared to reason but I don't expect to...

Week by week I'm more convinced that Mike Ashley just doesn't understand the nature of the business. And Skirge might be right - if Ashley sells Milner against Kegan's wishes, transfer request or not, then King Kev could very well walk.

If Keegan walked then Ashley etc would be hounded out. They'd have to be thick as fuck not to know this.

They've done some head-scratchingly thick things since taking over :lol:

(Done some great things too, it must be said)