James Milner joins Aston Villa - £12m!

Ally
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Also kind of dampens down the argument that people use on here alot that deals cannot be done quickly anymore...

Of course they can, when the seller wants to sell, the player wants to move, the buyer wants to buy and the price is agreed.

The problem is when the seller doesn't want to sell or the price is not agreed, just like colocinni.

Last season Milner contributed a grand total of two assists to Newcastle - fewer than renowned creator Joey Barton - and

boasted a cross completion rate of just 18.39% - worse than ace flankers Stephen Hunt, Eddie Lewis and George McCartney.

Newcastle won a mere 24% of the matches in which Milner featured, compared to

44% of those in which he didn't play.

i'll just post this from the guardian's fiver for a bit of perspective!

12m....ba ha ha :lol:

Going to need to quote this every page I think.

We do need another right winger now - not saying Milner was the answer but his departure means we are really struggling in that department as Geremi is not the answer, Barton won't be around for months and is a rubbish right winger and Jonas clearly is a left winger and KK sees him as that.

Add that to a CM, CF and a defender, we need 4 quality additions as a minumum in my eyes.

I'm guessing Smith, Viduka and Duff are all on more than Milner wage wise. If Mike Ashley wants to save a few quid on wages then get rid of them before Milner ffs. Keegan and the rest of the players no doubt pissed off.

p.s. i know some of you will disagree that Milner is not better than viduka, but your very wrong    :razz:   

mackems.gif

We woulden't get £1.5m for fat, slow, weak, easily marked out the game, has been Viduka never mind £12. We could see that if he'd get off the treatment table and play the odd game for us here and there. Thank god his contract actually runs out next summer. 

How will Keegan deal with "he's the last player me or the owner want to sell" issue? He must have known something was up when he said this. Maybe Keegan didn't want to sell him but Ashley did. Who knows - we now need some fast dealing and as Keegan says players who are better than we already have.

He is not worth £12 million (if that is the fee) but then again the market is ridiculously over-priced at the minute.

I love his attitude and he is a model pro both on and off the pitch.

As has been mentioned, his end product leaves a lot to be desired from the flank but I've said for ages that I'd like to see him up top, where he started out, as he is a very intelligent player.

37 under 21 caps tells you he is not shite - he is only 22 so will improve.

I have a feeling this one will come back to bite us on the balls, sadly - I hope I am wrong!

We have to bring new bodies in by Monday, its an absolute must we do.

I wonder what King Kev's mood will be like in today's Press Conference? It'll be interesting to see after his comments last week that Milner was the last person that both him and Ashley wanted to see leave NUFC.

Guest samtoonarmy

Very disapointed at the news. Why didnt we try harder to keep him? Theres only a few more days left of the window and I doubt we'll sign a replacement. Fair enough, we have got £10 million for him, but we have also lost one of our best players.  

Guest BeatMakerz

I wonder what King Kev's mood will be like in today's Press Conference?

Theres a press conference?

we usually get a pre-match PC on a Friday don't we?

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=43655&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1440

Newcastle fans are kicking of big time on their forums!! Shows what they think of him up there. They even reckon KK might walk after this. I`d love it, just love it if he did !!!!

;D

Be interesting to watch how their opinion will change over time when his crosses are over hit and corners don't clear the 1st defender

Very disapointed at the news. Why didnt we try harder to keep him? Theres only a few more days left of the window and I doubt we'll sign a replacement. Fair enough, we have got £10 million for him, but we have also lost one of our best players.  

Why do people keep saying he was one of our best players?