Official Serie A Thread

Decky

For those longing to see some goals today:

http://www.sportitalia.com/showvideo.aspx?id=707

Sport Italia (Italy's Eurosport-type channel) has all of this weekend's Serie A goals.

Some really good goals, too.

Some equally shocking defending.

Look at the celebration of the lad from Reggina's first goal- thats passion for you.

He looked happy aye! :lol:

Better than tossers like C.Ronaldo and Berbatov etc. looking like its a punishment almost when they score. Cant stand that sort of thing.

Sport Italia (Italy's Eurosport-type channel) has all of this weekend's Serie A goals.

Look at the celebration of the lad from Reggina's first goal- thats passion for you.

Better than tossers like C.Ronaldo and Berbatov etc. looking like its a punishment almost when they score. Cant stand that sort of thing.

Aye that was a proper italia 90 (megadrive) celebration.

Aye that was a proper italia 90 (megadrive) celebration.

:smitten:

Guest LucaAltieri

Serie A to form breakaway league

Italy's top football division Serie A is poised to split from Serie B to form a new league Lega Calcio Serie A.

The two divisions have been unable to reach an agreement over finance and Serie A is set to copy the formation of England's Premier League.

The Premier League increased its share of television revenue after breaking away from the other divisions in 1992.

"Nineteen Serie A clubs today decided to create the 'Lega Calcio Serie A'," said a statement by the new league.

"The decision was made because of the impossibility of reaching an understanding with the Serie B clubs" the statement added.

Italian top-flight clubs are determined to close the gap on Premier League sides, who have increasingly dominated European competition.

The Premier League is the richest in the world and has had three teams in the semi-finals of the Champions League for the last two seasons, while top-flight English sides have been involved in the competitions last four finals.

It is believed that only relegated-threatened Lecce voted against the proposal for Serie A to split from Serie B, the only other fully professional division in Italy.

"We have created a new league for Serie A," said Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini after Thursday's meeting. "This time it's for real. I'm not happy but it was necessary."

Maurizio Beretta, the former head of Italy's employers' association, has been proposed as the president of the new league.

But the formation of Lega Calcio Serie A leaves the current Serie B facing an uncertain future.

The second-tier division did not have a television agreement last season and only struck a new one shortly before the start of the current campaign, while many clubs in the division have recently experienced financial problems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8027857.stm

apparently freddy shepherd was doing a motivational speech to the serie a owners and he reprised his classic "we don't give a fuck about the little teams" diatribe and this is the direct outcome

i just made that up, so it must be true

Saw an interview with Zlatan Ibrahamovic today on Eurosport- what a dope that guy is. He said "I think that La Liga's play is the best suited style to my game"....eh, excuse me? Isn't Spanish football quicker than Italian football (despite it still being slow paced), I think so?! How could that lazy cunt think he can play in a higher paced game! Italy is almost as slow as it gets yet he still struggles at times. Gimme a break, man...

Guest LucaAltieri

Today

Inter v. Lazio

Bologna v. Reggina

Tomorrow

Roma v. Chievo

Udinese v. Atalanta

Palermo v. Cagliari

Juventus v. Lecce

Catania v. Milan

Siena v. Napoli

Fiorentina v. Torino

Genoa v. Sampdoria

Some interesting games this weekend.

Inter v. Lazio should be good. Juve v. Lecce is a big game for Lecce (my Italian team) as they're currently 3 points from safety and facing one of the country's top clubs... not too dissimilar from our situation. Genoa v. Sampdoria has the potential to be a good game, too.

Zlatan struggled again today, 1 goal and 1 assist in Inters 2-0 win against Lazio.

The struggling Zlatan has now 21 goals this season and a bunch of assists keeping Inter on the way to Lo Scudetto once again.....

did i mention he is struggling?

I don't think anyone has denied he's good domestically, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Zlatan struggled again today, 1 goal and 1 assist in Inters 2-0 win against Lazio.

The struggling Zlatan has now 21 goals this season and a bunch of assists keeping Inter on the way to Lo Scudetto once again.....

did i mention he is struggling?

I don't think anyone has denied he's good domestically, so I don't know what point you're trying to make.

neil like you dont know how djmattis are ... :lol:

Serie A clubs must have some of the ugliest stadiums in the whole of Europe. :nope:

As does English football. I hate those identikit stadiums spawned by Burra's Riverside Stadium.

Guest LucaAltieri

Serie A clubs must have some of the ugliest stadiums in the whole of Europe. :nope:

http://www.footballpictures.net/data/media/20/san_siro.jpg

San Siro

http://www.osservatoriosport.interno.it/primo_piano/dicembre_2007/olimpico_roma.jpg

Stadio Olimpico

http://jcmeda.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/stadio_torino-delle-alpi-70000.jpg

Delle Alpi

http://www.marconibari.it/SitoPolis/Immagini/StadioSN_notte.jpg

Stadio San Nicola

Look all right to me.

Guest LucaAltieri

All those stadium looks very good on camera, but the truth is that italy got some of the oldest and badly maintained stadiums in the world really.

Even Giuseppe Meazza has to close some parts of the arena because it wasnt cleared by fifa for CL games etc, something that isnt really needed in Serie A is new stadiums.

Napolis arena is the best example, it is a wonder it still holds up.

You should see the Colosseum!

Guest LucaAltieri

Today

Inter v. Lazio

Bologna v. Reggina

Tomorrow

Roma v. Chievo

Udinese v. Atalanta

Palermo v. Cagliari

Juventus v. Lecce

Catania v. Milan

Siena v. Napoli

Fiorentina v. Torino

Genoa v. Sampdoria

Some interesting games this weekend.

Inter v. Lazio should be good. Juve v. Lecce is a big game for Lecce (my Italian team) as they're currently 3 points from safety and facing one of the country's top clubs... not too dissimilar from our situation. Genoa v. Sampdoria has the potential to be a good game, too.

Well, at least Lecce are going down fighting. 2-2 today away against Juve. Other results went well so they're now only 2 points from safety.

• 4 weeks later...

Leonardo to have a equal season to Josep Guardiola. This guy has been a special scout for this club with the recruitment of Kaka and Pato. Now let see what he can do in the hotseat. I believe that he can challenge Mourinho for the title and challenge for the CL title too.