But we're owned by a billionaire!

Dave

anyone who thinks we are in total mess, should go fuck themselves, the club and 1st team is in it's best state for 4-5 years now

whoop dee fucking doo, the club have marginally improved (1st team playing staff wise) upon some of our darkest seasons since joining the PL

you don't take much pleasing you

Would you rather go back to the summer of 2005? 2006?

Of course the club is being better managed then during Freds last couple of seasons

to your question of course not, to your point i agree

but i'm saying using that as a yardstick with which to judge ourselves now is ridiculous...most people berate shepherd for running the club into the ground, we were heading for relegation & financial ruin etc...

now that might be true and it might not, but to say mike ashley is running things better than that so it's all OK is a weak system of judgement

as for the "villa model" gambling why do we have to wait?  they appear to be about to take their spending over 20m yet we MUST have 2-3 seasons of parsimony before we can match them, why?

anyone who thinks we are in total mess, should go f*** themselves, the club and 1st team is in it's best state for 4-5 years now

I understand the 'defensiveness' towards criticism of our club, I have reacted like that a million times (perhaps 10 million times) before  -  but we are in a mess.

Denying it, getting upset about it, making comparisons to 'times in the past', and sticking your head in the sand generally, doesn't help!

There is something wrong at our club, there is something very "smelly" going on there (can't think of a better way to describe it) - quite simply, all is not as it should be.

Look at their faces and the words and body language.

I have seen organisations like this before - ill at ease with themselves and with eachother.  Things not happenning, significant progress not being made in the way that it should be.

I do not know what can be done now (a few last minute - even BIG - signings will not cover up the cracks). And, how likely is that (even) to happen.

Keegan's man-management skills with the players has helped get us some reasonable performances - not great performances - and some decent results from those performances . . . so far. When the injuries and suspensions come in with our tiny squad though - we will struggle. We shouldn't even be considering 'struggling' - we should be taking steps to PROGRESS.  That is what is wrong with the club, but the reasons WHY it is so wrong at the club at the moment - we are not privvy to, we can only speculate.

But, lets not hide from the truth . . .

There is nothing fishy or smelly. Keegan like any manager wants new players, that's what you would expect. The board are looking to provide them but not at stupidly inflated prices for mediocre players. We will get quality footballers through the door when the opportunity arises, I'm convinced of that.

anyone who thinks we are in total mess, should go f*** themselves, the club and 1st team is in it's best state for 4-5 years now

I understand the 'defensiveness' towards criticism of our club, I have reacted like that a million times (perhaps 10 million times) before  -  but we are in a mess.

Denying it, getting upset about it, making comparisons to 'times in the past', and sticking your head in the sand generally, doesn't help!

There is something wrong at our club, there is something very "smelly" going on there (can't think of a better way to describe it) - quite simply, all is not as it should be.

I have seen organisations like this before - ill at ease with themselves and with eachother.  Things not happenning, significant progress not being made in the way that it should be.

I do not know what can be done now (a few last minute - even BIG - signings will not cover up the cracks). And, how likely is that (even) to happen.

Keegan's man-management skills with the players has helped get us some reasonable performances - not great performances - and some decent results from those performances . . . so far. When the injuries and suspensions come in with our tiny squad though - we will struggle. We shouldn't even be considering 'struggling' - we should be taking steps to PROGRESS.  That is what is wrong with the club, but the reasons WHY it is so wrong at the club at the moment - we are not privvy to, we can only speculate.

There is nothing fishy or smelly. Keegan like any manager wants new players, that's what you would expect. The board are looking to provide them but not at stupidly inflated prices for mediocre players. We will get quality footballers through the door when the opportunity arises, I'm convinced of that.

I want to be YOU!!!!!!!  (I really do . . . ! )

if we had 3 targets lined up and the selling clubs wanted, say, another 1m per deal to sell in this window do you think we should pay it?  or spend nothing on principle and start the season with what we've got?

assuming they're first choice targets of course rather than last minute panic attacks

Yes our squad needs additions and yes I am a little uncomfortable with the role of Wise and him being based in London etc. but really, I don't think things are anywhere near as bad as you put it.

The team we have fielded this season is strong, and we have Viduka and Carroll still to add to that. With 2 or 3 more good signings I will happy with the squad until January at least.

Look at Liverpool, they are supposedly challenging for the title and Champions League on top of what we are playing for, they only have one first teamer currently injured, and look at their bench the other night:

Cavalieri, Dossena, Agger, Plessis, Spearing, El Zhar, Babel.

if we had 3 targets lined up and the selling clubs wanted, say, another 1m per deal to sell in this window do you think we should pay it?  or spend nothing on principle and start the season with what we've got?

assuming they're first choice targets of course rather than last minute panic attacks

I'd rather we payed hardball up to now, knowing that we would pay the extra million if needed, then strike now with the asking price

It depends on a lot of things . . . but you have to accept that in the real world you only get what you are prepared to pay for.  If you do not pay the asking price for a commodity - you don't get it.

If you NEED that commodity and don't get it - you are in trouble . . .

Why capitulate when there's still time to negotiate better terms? Don't you think that's happening right now?

Yes our squad needs additions and yes I am a little uncomfortable with the role of Wise and him being based in London etc. but really, I don't think things are anywhere near as bad as you put it.

The team we have fielded this season is strong, and we have Viduka and Carroll still to add to that. With 2 or 3 more good signings I will happy with the squad until January at least.

Look at Liverpool, they are supposedly challenging for the title and Champions League on top of what we are playing for, they only have one first teamer currently injured, and look at their bench the other night:

If you listen to Ashley's reasons for Wise being based in London it would make no odds whether he was sat behind a desk in SJP or in London.

In many ways being in London is a benefit (easy access for initial meetings with Agents etc) and could be one of the reaosns why there have been fewer leaks this summer (agents/players not being flown into Newcastle Airport etc)

If you listen to Ashley's reasons for Wise being based in London it would make no odds whether he was sat behind a desk in SJP or in London.

In many ways being in London is a benefit (easy access for initial meetings with Agents etc) and could be one of the reaosns why there have been fewer leaks this summer (agents/players not being flown into Newcastle Airport etc)

I think there are other reasons why there have been fewer leaks this summer.

Why capitulate when there's still time to negotiate better terms? Don't you think that's happening right now?

good non answer; i meant when push comes to shove on monday you know?  i don't mean just bend over and get fucked but if it's a matter of we need to pay 3m extra to get 3 players we want then do you think we should do it

just hypothetical man, not legally binding or anything!

I think there are other reasons why there have been fewer leaks this summer.

:lol:

good non answer; i meant when push comes to shove on monday you know?  i don't mean just bend over and get fucked but if it's a matter of we need to pay 3m extra to get 3 players we want then do you think we should do it

just hypothetical man, not legally binding or anything!

If they are worth it then yes.

Guest optimistic nit

anyone who thinks we are in total mess, should go fuck themselves, the club and 1st team is in it's best state for 4-5 years now

whoop dee fucking doo, the club have marginally improved (1st team playing staff wise) upon some of our darkest seasons since joining the PL

you don't take much pleasing you

Would you rather go back to the summer of 2005? 2006?

Of course the club is being better managed then during Freds last couple of seasons

to your question of course not, to your point i agree

but i'm saying using that as a yardstick with which to judge ourselves now is ridiculous...most people berate shepherd for running the club into the ground, we were heading for relegation & financial ruin etc...

now that might be true and it might not, but to say mike ashley is running things better than that so it's all OK is a weak system of judgement

as for the "villa model" gambling why do we have to wait?  they appear to be about to take their spending over 20m yet we MUST have 2-3 seasons of parsimony before we can match them, why?

no one is saying ashley is only running the club marginally better than shepheard.

ashley has stopped the decline that would have gotten us relegated, and started us on the way up again, in 14 months.

Couldn't find the proper "Mike Ashley" thread because this server has some internal error...anyway, with the recent report that Keegan has resigned from his post at Newcastle due to the way the club's being runned.. or should I rather use the word ruined?... My support and patient with Mike Ashley has come to an end. I WANT MIKE ASHLEY OUT OF NEWCASTLE - NOW!!!

Kevin Keegan belongs a trillion times more to Newcastle than Mike  Ashley. When I went to bed last night my thought were: "Hey, this was the exact thing that happened last year as well!"

Some of you may support Ashley. But I'm 110% behind Keegan. You can say whatever you'd like about Ashley. Instead of letting you daydream of Newcastle actually winning EPL and become the best, he has swopped that with dreams that "The Ashley way is the right way". And to think I almost bought into that shit...

Ashley needs to leave our club - he's done enough.

Couldn't find the proper "Mike Ashley" thread because this server has some internal error...anyway, with the recent report that Keegan has resigned from his post at Newcastle due to the way the club's being runned.. or should I rather use the word ruined?... My support and patient with Mike Ashley has come to an end. I WANT MIKE ASHLEY OUT OF NEWCASTLE - NOW!!!

Kevin Keegan belongs a trillion times more to Newcastle than Mike  Ashley. When I went to bed last night my thought were: "Hey, this was the exact thing that happened last year as well!"

Some of you may support Ashley. But I'm 110% behind Keegan. You can say whatever you'd like about Ashley. Instead of letting you daydream of Newcastle actually winning EPL and become the best, he has swopped that with dreams that "The Ashley way is the right way". And to think I almost bought into that s***...

Ashley needs to leave our club - he's done enough.

Shoot that fat git... :-)

I don't want us to be bought out Man City-style but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ashley bought out right about now.

Why? I'd rather have our debt clear by some people who can actually handle clearing our debt - and then have some proper money to be spent on players. I bet Keegan would have fucking loved it if he could be in charge of us with ambitious Arabs backing him up.

I don't want us to be bought out Man City-style but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Ashley bought out right about now.

Why? I'd rather have our debt clear by some people who can actually handle clearing our debt - and then have some proper money to be spent on players. I bet Keegan would have f***ing loved it if he could be in charge of us with ambitious Arabs backing him up.

No thanks!!! Not in a million years. This guy is ten time worse than Abramovitsch... Fucking money machines with no interest in football.