back barton

lovejoy

His face after tackling Nasri was f***ing priceless.

He looked menacing! Can imagine whilst there are some players that relish the chance of trying to wind him up, there will be a few players that arent going to fancy playing against him.

Think the majority of the backlash will be at the FA, should he get his likely stupid length ban.

Don't quite understand the Barton love-in, in this thread. I hoped the club would have got shot of him earlier in the year, because it was the right, moral thing to do. However the decision was made to keep him, so he stays. Doesn't mean he is worthy of my 'support' though. He's a knacker and it's only a matter of time before he's in bother again.

Don't quite understand the Barton love-in, in this thread. I hoped the club would have got shot of him earlier in the year, because it was the right, moral thing to do. However the decision was made to keep him, so he stays. Doesn't mean he is worthy of my 'support' though. He's a knacker and it's only a matter of time before he's in bother again.

why was it the moral thing to do? he's served his time

said in the game he would be done until xmas, 15 games was talked about, although Keegan is hopeful it will be less as he has missed games due to his prison sentace anyway.

I think there is a good chance we will appeal should it be that big.

Anything more than a 3-5 game ban would be a disgrace.  Did Bowyer and Dyer get more than 3 when they had there bust up on the pitch?  how long did Hartson get for trying to kick Berkovic's head off his shoulders at West Hams training ground?  If Joey had a fight on the pitch he'd get a 3 game ban so how can he be looking at potentially missing 15 games for fighting with a team mate on the training ground, of which the club he was playing for at the time took action.  Why should NUFC get punished?

One of the strangest things i found about the Liverpool mcdonalds incident is that when Joey started on the lad his mates just stood back and let him get pummelled.  i'd have been furious if my mates did that, you'd have thought at least one would've tried to split them up or pull back Joey?

Actually he's had my full support ever since the likes of The Sun and Mail etc tried to take the moral high ground and demand his sacking and tried to tell NUFC how to conduct there business.

i dont think its a love in by any means, or the op certainly isnt, its simply a plea to back him, as he is ours, and while he stays ours, which appears to be the forseeable future, then we should be behind him 100%.

if kk is, thats enough for me.

When Barton came on, everyone around me started singing "there's only one Joey Barton", and I joined in. Within seconds, the two chavvy little fat girls (aged 18 or so) in front of me rounded and had a go. "Eeeeeeee you can't support Barton" they squealed... "the dirty fucker should be in prison"... My protestation that I support the Toon regardless was met with surprise and swearing... "We support the badge, not the player". Fair enough if that's really what you believe, but don't round on your own just because you don't like a player and others are prepared to give him a chance. He's served his time, albeit less that what originally sentenced, so get off his back and support him and his team. YOUR team. Otherwise what's the fucking point???

i dont think its a love in by any means, or the op certainly isnt, its simply a plea to back him, as he is ours, and while he stays ours, which appears to be the forseeable future, then we should be behind him 100%.

if kk is, thats enough for me.

this

When Barton came on, everyone around me started singing "there's only one Joey Barton", and I joined in. Within seconds, the two chavvy little fat girls (aged 18 or so) in front of me rounded and had a go. "Eeeeeeee you can't support Barton" they squealed... "the dirty fucker should be in prison"... My protestation that I support the Toon regardless was met with surprise and swearing... "We support the badge, not the player". Fair enough if that's really what you believe, but don't round on your own just because you don't like a player and others are prepared to give him a chance. He's served his time, albeit less that what originally sentenced, so get off his back and support him and his team. YOUR team. Otherwise what's the f***ing point???

good job gary glitter isnt a 30 goal a season forward (2nd time out for this line)

I was really hoping KK would have brought on Joey Barton on earlier on in the game, we needed someone to get stuck in midfield, they were over running us, Barton would have been what we needed to slow them down a bit.

Guest Brewcastle

Loved how he was smiling when the Arsenal home fans started booing him.

That's the sort of attitude he needs to have, getting stronger with adversity. Having KK next to him will probably help too.

In my opinion Barton should show some humility, even he's wearing black'n white. What he have been in jail for is "bad stuff".

If he want's to show by attitude that he's a man for NUFC, he can do it on the pitch....

Loved how he was smiling when the Arsenal home fans started booing him.

That's the sort of attitude he needs to have, getting stronger with adversity. Having KK next to him will probably help too.

In my opinion Barton should show some humility, even he's wearing black'n white. What he have been in jail for is "bad stuff".

If he want's to show by attitude that he's a man for NUFC, he can do it on the pitch....

BOTH.

he has to ride the jeers and have the humility. admitting he has a problem and is working on it would be a start.

whilst on this subject i had an argument with a mackem today about joey barton and i ended up defending barton...wanna hear a description of it and how the thick mackem couldn't understand logic ?

Guest Brewcastle

:clap: 

not reading 5 pages to catch up but nasri was a fucken disgrace yesterday

bartons got previous but it should not be an excuse on the football pitch for players to do what they want to the guy, once that becomes acceptable the lines will blur and someone who makes a late tackle or whatever will become a viable target etc...

nasri is my new hate figure, the little fuck