Few points after todays game

Decky

Guest alijmitchell

Instead of Shola we should have had a midfielder on the pitch. Shola was truly awful today, and was just a liability for Owen.

Michael Owen showed me f*** all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are s***, face it, but get behind them ffs.

The same Michael Owen who if it hadnt of been for Shola would have made it 1-1 and changed the game for us?

Oh, he has 1 chance, that makes him have a good game and deserve no stick whatsoever but shola to get it all ?

f*** off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or f*** off to watch sunderland.

Criticise Ameobi and all of a sudden you're a Mackem? I have no doubt that within the hardcore Newcastle fans that actually paid money to go to London to watch the game today there would have been a great number of people criticising his performance. Does that mean they weren't supporting the club properly or that, they're actually Mackems masquerading as geordies?

They are wankers aswell, you go to matches to SUPPORT YOUR CLUB - which means support your players. why get on their backs? even before the ball has been kicked, theres no need. we all know shola wont score 20 goals in a season man, we know whats expected from him, his confidence will be low to start with never mind a few hundred fans screaming at him.

Fuck off, yes you go to matches to support your team, and then once the game is finished you analyse, you criticise, and you give praise and credit where its due. Its part of being a footbal fan and always has been. Your childish, soopafan attitude towards others who support the club and care about where it is going (including concerns at playing woefully inept players up front) doesn't mean you're properly supporting the club either, just that you're fucking deluded.

Fuck off, yes you go to matches to support your team, and then once the game is finished you analyse, you criticise, and you give praise and credit where its due. Its part of being a footbal fan and always has been. Your childish, soopafan attitude towards others who support the club and care about where it is going (including concerns at playing woefully inept players up front) doesn't mean you're properly supporting the club either, just that you're fucking deluded.

:clap:

Shola is shit, and has been for a long time. Every player deserves a chance, but he has taken the piss. I don't see why we can't vent our opinions to that effect on here without being considered less of a supporter. I mean, that's what a fans forum is for, no?

:idiot2:

Guest optimistic nit

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was shite (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the fuck is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

but i think he's on the right side of this debate, even if he could have phrased his posts together, but a lot of people say exactly the same things kev has said about people who boo our own players at matches (which is wrong wrong) but in this context, even though its the same thing, its just easy to call kev immature and leave it at that.

We have seen Kev act extremely childish before on here before though, thats why i find him immature. Added to the fact that he is only like 15.

he is only 15, but i'd hardly judge someone's maturity on their age. there was a right immature twat sat behind me today who was 50+. and i dont think, because he's been immature in the past, its enough of a reason to blast him for it in the present, and the same could be said of ameobi (shit).

kev probably shouldn't have told you to fuck off and support sunderland, but it can get a bit passionate with the toon. also we shouldn't use the fact that ameobi is shit to have another go at him today when he wasn't that much worse than anybody else.

Guest optimistic nit

i think it is very unfair to single him out for abuse tonight, and the only reason he is getting so much is because of his previous, and not because of tonights performance.

Shola?

aye.

Instead of Shola we should have had a midfielder on the pitch. Shola was truly awful today, and was just a liability for Owen.

Michael Owen showed me f*** all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are s***, face it, but get behind them ffs.

The same Michael Owen who if it hadnt of been for Shola would have made it 1-1 and changed the game for us?

Oh, he has 1 chance, that makes him have a good game and deserve no stick whatsoever but shola to get it all ?

f*** off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or f*** off to watch sunderland.

Criticise Ameobi and all of a sudden you're a Mackem? I have no doubt that within the hardcore Newcastle fans that actually paid money to go to London to watch the game today there would have been a great number of people criticising his performance. Does that mean they weren't supporting the club properly or that, they're actually Mackems masquerading as geordies?

They are wankers aswell, you go to matches to SUPPORT YOUR CLUB - which means support your players. why get on their backs? even before the ball has been kicked, theres no need. we all know shola wont score 20 goals in a season man, we know whats expected from him, his confidence will be low to start with never mind a few hundred fans screaming at him.

f*** off, yes you go to matches to support your team, and then once the game is finished you analyse, you criticise, and you give praise and credit where its due. Its part of being a footbal fan and always has been. Your childish, soopafan attitude towards others who support the club and care about where it is going (including concerns at playing woefully inept players up front) doesn't mean you're properly supporting the club either, just that you're f***ing deluded.

you come back and tell me where the fuck i said anything about ME GOING TO MATCHES? SOOPAFAN? YOU BEING SHIT FANS?

i was trying to get my point out, im guessing you lot cant understand this.

and why does everyone say 'Im 15' when im trying to get a point out too people?

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was shite (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the fuck is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

but i think he's on the right side of this debate, even if he could have phrased his posts together, but a lot of people say exactly the same things kev has said about people who boo our own players at matches (which is wrong wrong) but in this context, even though its the same thing, its just easy to call kev immature and leave it at that.

We have seen Kev act extremely childish before on here before though, thats why i find him immature. Added to the fact that he is only like 15.

he is only 15, but i'd hardly judge someone's maturity on their age. there was a right immature twat sat behind me today who was 50+. and i dont think, because he's been immature in the past, its enough of a reason to blast him for it in the present, and the same could be said of ameobi (shit).

kev probably shouldn't have told you to fuck off and support sunderland, but it can get a bit passionate with the toon. also we shouldn't use the fact that ameobi is shit to have another go at him today when he wasn't that much worse than anybody else.

Do you not remember how he used to act towards Dave etc? Also i see youve got rid of your sig and avatar, about time :razz:

he is only 15, but i'd hardly judge someone's maturity on their age. there was a right immature t*** sat behind me today who was 50+. and i dont think, because he's been immature in the past, its enough of a reason to blast him for it in the present, and the same could be said of ameobi (s***).

kev probably shouldn't have told you to f*** off and support sunderland, but it can get a bit passionate with the toon. also we shouldn't use the fact that ameobi is s*** to have another go at him today when he wasn't that much worse than anybody else.

None of the 22 who started were worse than Shola.

f*** off, yes you go to matches to support your team, and then once the game is finished you analyse, you criticise, and you give praise and credit where its due. Its part of being a footbal fan and always has been. Your childish, soopafan attitude towards others who support the club and care about where it is going (including concerns at playing woefully inept players up front) doesn't mean you're properly supporting the club either, just that you're f***ing deluded.

you come back and tell me where the fuck i said anything about ME GOING TO MATCHES? SOOPAFAN? YOU BEING SHIT FANS?

Because you ask alijmitchell to point out where you said about anything about being shit fans, even though the post you said it in is in the quote triangle in your post :lol:

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was s**** (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the f*** is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

he is only 15, but i'd hardly judge someone's maturity on their age. there was a right immature t*** sat behind me today who was 50+. and i dont think, because he's been immature in the past, its enough of a reason to blast him for it in the present, and the same could be said of ameobi (s***).

kev probably shouldn't have told you to f*** off and support sunderland, but it can get a bit passionate with the toon. also we shouldn't use the fact that ameobi is s*** to have another go at him today when he wasn't that much worse than anybody else.

Do you not remember how he used to act towards Dave etc? Also i see youve got rid of your sig and avatar, about time :razz:

Thanks. Used... generally means the past. cant people change?  and Optomystyc Knight cheers for that  O0

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was s**** (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the f*** is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

Thanks. Used... generally means the past. cant people change?  and Optomystyc Knight cheers for that  O0

Part of changing is proving you arnt like that anymore mate, coming onto a Newcastle forum and telling people to fuck off and support Sunderland kinda indicates you havent changed much.

None of the 22 who started were worse than Shola.

I could say Nicky Butt came close but that's opening up a whole new can of worms..... :deadhorse:

It wasn't even the fact that he got in the way of Owen's shot, that happens to the best players (seem to remember Keane blocking a Torres tap in at the SOS a fortnight ago), it was the way he went about the game. He's always had a lackadaisical style but he genuinely looked totally disinterested today. Loads of times he lost the ball, jogged two paces after the player then stopped, compared to Jonas who was easily robbed down by the corner flag then sprinted back to the half-way line and won the ball back.

I can live with that sort of thing if he did anything with the ball when he had it but he looks a much worse player than he did two or three years ago, alarmingly so. Frightening that him and Smith together are draining nearly £100k a week out of the coffers and neither can kick a ball properly.

Guest optimistic nit

aye.

On last nights performance he was terrible, he offered nothing.

i thought he offered about as much as owen did. he also won most of the headers he challenged for, but owen didn't get on any of the knockdowns.

Guest alijmitchell

Obviously its a passionate debate, and that is the point, we are debating ameobi. To have support questioned for doing so on a discussion board is totally unfair. What is more, when you're debating a player's contribution to the club, you look at the wider picture. You believe that shola was no worse than others today, I (and others) disagree, but its not like a court case, you can't discount the fact that he's been shite for us for a large part of five seasons, and that invariably affects our opinions of him. If anyone had come out and said 'shola was shit and was the reason we lost the game' you'd have a point, but to my knowledge no-one has. He did prevent a probable goal however, and that is a cold hard fact.

I think Kev's got a point actually.

I get the impression that a significant number of people take great delight in going to the match (or coming on here) just to hurl some abuse in the direction of which ever player they've chosen to have a vendetta against. Like Smith getting booed onto the pitch at the Valencia game, that was just fucking embarrassing, yeah, he may be shit, but that's hardly going to make him play better, is it!?! We've all been to matches and sat near someone who's slated a particular player from the beginning to the end, regardless of how they're playing, well a lot of people in here do the same fucking thing.

I'd love to hear someone explain to me how booing or berating our own players helps Newcastle United win football matches? Well, go on then.

I get the impression that a significant number of people take great delight in going to the match (or coming on here) just to hurl some abuse in the direction of which ever player they've chosen to have a vendetta against. Like Smith getting booed onto the pitch at the Valencia game, that was just fucking embarrassing, yeah, he may be shit, but that's hardly going to make him play better, is it!?! We've all been to matches and sat near someone who's slated a particular player from the beginning to the end, regardless of how they're playing, well a lot of people in here do the same fucking thing.

I'd love to hear someone explain to me how booing or berating our own players helps Newcastle United win football matches? Well, go on then.

People who boo etc are arseholes granted, but are we now not allowed to come onto an internet forum based on our club and simply criticise a player who has been consistantly shit for years now without being questioned on our support?

Guest optimistic nit

aye but its not relivent, and aye, i got rid of your damn avatar :razz: it was only meant to be a 2 week joke, but i went abroad for 2 months and couldn't be fucked to change it :lol:

i was just thinking, i really need to change my avatar when i can be bothered, and then rememberd i'd just wasted my last 3 hours on this website and it would take a litereal minute to do. :lol:

just to get my views on ameobi clear, i think he's shit, and i want him gone, and i think the wages he earns are a joke, but i didn't see anything from ameobi that provoked the amount of abuse he got on here.

he was our worst player in my opinion, but the gap between him and the others wasn't that large, especially for the torrent of abuse he got in the post match rants. i don't mind people having a go at him, i just think there are lots of valid reasons to have a go, whereas he wasn't that much worse than the rest of them, although i dont think we were that bad overall.

if that makes sense, although i dont think it does ;)

team average, ameobi (and butt) below average.

Guest alijmitchell

you come back and tell me where the f*** i said anything about ME GOING TO MATCHES? SOOPAFAN? YOU BEING s*** FANS?

Is that not what you were insinuating there?

It wasn't even the fact that he got in the way of Owen's shot, that happens to the best players (seem to remember Keane blocking a Torres tap in at the SOS a fortnight ago), it was the way he went about the game. He's always had a lackadaisical style but he genuinely looked totally disinterested today. Loads of times he lost the ball, jogged two paces after the player then stopped, compared to Jonas who was easily robbed down by the corner flag then sprinted back to the half-way line and won the ball back.

I can live with that sort of thing if he did anything with the ball when he had it but he looks a much worse player than he did two or three years ago, alarmingly so. Frightening that him and Smith together are draining nearly £100k a week out of the coffers and neither can kick a ball properly.

That's a fair point.

But I really think that he's seriously demoralised at the moment, probably for quite a while actually, and everyone jumping on his back is hardly going to put that right is it.

Guest alijmitchell

I get the impression that a significant number of people take great delight in going to the match (or coming on here) just to hurl some abuse in the direction of which ever player they've chosen to have a vendetta against. Like Smith getting booed onto the pitch at the Valencia game, that was just f***ing embarrassing, yeah, he may be s***, but that's hardly going to make him play better, is it!?! We've all been to matches and sat near someone who's slated a particular player from the beginning to the end, regardless of how they're playing, well a lot of people in here do the same f***ing thing.

People who boo etc are arseholes granted, but are we now not allowed to come onto an internet forum based on our club and simple criticise a player who has been consistantly s*** for years now without being questioned on our support?

I agree that booing players is pointless and counter-productive, and have never indulged in it myself, but as decky has said, this is a platform for debate...