Few points after todays game

Decky

Guest ObaStar

Ok Shola did block Owen's view of the shot. He got in Owen's way and owen didn't kno if ameobi was gonna try the shot or not. Amerobi did fuck all and Owen was surprised that Ameobi did nothing cept get in his way and missed it. Oh and u seem to suggest that Ameobi lacks confidence due to the fact that people on the forum bash him all the time. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

"but he lacked the confidence to back himself to score, hmmm.... I wonder why that might be?"

He runs into blind alleys mate,nothing to do with the runs others make,It was apperent in the Man Utd game too.

He runs into blind alleys when he's got nothing to aim at, one example today was when he ran towards goal and for some reason Shola ran behind a defender who was closing in on Jonas instead of going to one side to create space.

With the exception of Given, who saved us from further humiliation, there was literally nothing good to take from today's, you are just kidding yourself if you think there was.

We were fucking atrocious in almost every regard apart from goalkeeping.

Some people's hatred of Shola has grown to the extent that they're now seeing things that didn't happen. He didn't block Owen's "goal-bound shot" as .com and a number of people on here have convinced themselves, Owen put it wide. Yeah, his presence put Owen off, but Owen's just as much at fault for pussying out of the shot as he is for getting in the way, there's pretty much no way he could have got out of the way, in fact. What he is guilty of is a lack of self confidence, he was going to take the ball back into the centre of the goal and would likely have scored if he had, but he saw Owen coming in and deferred to him instead, which was a mistake because as I said, there was no way for him to get out of the way and if Owen's shot had in fact been "goal-bound" then it would have hit him. However, if he wasn't there and Owen's shot had been on target then it would simply have hit the Arsenal defender standing behind him anyway. Owen would have had a job on to get it past both the defender and Almunia from there and if Shola hadn't have been there then the best we'd have ended up with would likely have been a corner. The best chance of us scoring was if Shola had done what he was going to do in the first place, but he lacked the confidence to back himself to score, hmmm.... I wonder why that might be?

Shola isn't only lacking confidence, he's got no pace and no movement.

Guest alijmitchell

Some people's hatred of Shola has grown to the extent that they're now seeing things that didn't happen. He didn't block Owen's "goal-bound shot" as .com and a number of people on here have convinced themselves, Owen put it wide. Yeah, his presence put Owen off, but Owen's just as much at fault for pussying out of the shot as he is for getting in the way, there's pretty much no way he could have got out of the way, in fact. What he is guilty of is a lack of self confidence, he was going to take the ball back into the centre of the goal and would likely have scored if he had, but he saw Owen coming in and deferred to him instead, which was a mistake because as I said, there was no way for him to get out of the way and if Owen's shot had in fact been "goal-bound" then it would have hit him. However, if he wasn't there and Owen's shot had been on target then it would simply have hit the Arsenal defender standing behind him anyway. Owen would have had a job on to get it past both the defender and Almunia from there and if Shola hadn't have been there then the best we'd have ended up with would likely have been a corner. The best chance of us scoring was if Shola had done what he was going to do in the first place, but he lacked the confidence to back himself to score, hmmm.... I wonder why that might be?

Because he isn't fit? Lack of talent? Lack of Premier League offers deflating his ego? Perhaps Owen gave him the shout? The fact that he dropped an absolute bollock in the build up to the first goal? Face it, he's a woeful player, and hopefully will never wear a Newcastle shirt ever again. People are angry at him because he's fucking useless, end of.

Ok Shola did block Owen's view of the shot. He got in Owen's way and owen didn't kno if ameobi was gonna try the shot or not. Amerobi did fuck all and Owen was surprised that Ameobi did nothing cept get in his way and missed it. Oh and u seem to suggest that Ameobi lacks confidence due to the fact that people on the forum bash him all the time. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

"but he lacked the confidence to back himself to score, hmmm.... I wonder why that might be?"

If that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, then you mustn't read much on here.

You seriously think that players aren't affected by what the fans think about them? You think Shola's oblivious to what people think and say about him? You don't think he hears what's said at the match? You think that knowing the majority of the people who are supposed to be supporting you think you're so hopeless that they actually want you to fail, and take great pleasure when you do, doesn't affect a players confidence?

Now that's pretty dumb!

Shola isn't only lacking confidence, he's got no pace and no movement.

Which are fair points, based in reality. Saying he blocked a goal-bound shot, when he clearly didn't, and blaming our defeat by an Arsenal team who are obviously superior to us in every area of the pitch entirely on him, are not.

Because he isn't fit? Lack of talent? Lack of Premier League offers deflating his ego? Perhaps Owen gave him the shout? The fact that he dropped an absolute bollock in the build up to the first goal? Face it, he's a woeful player, and hopefully will never wear a Newcastle shirt ever again. People are angry at him because he's fucking useless, end of.

So, he played so much worse than the rest of the team that if he wasn't on the pitch we'd have won then?

People are angry at him because they can't accept that we got beaten by a better team and had deluded themselves that we were going to beat Arsenal at home. :lol: That's fucking ridiculous!!

I'm not saying that Shola's a world-beater, or even that I'm sure he's good enough for us, or that he has a future at the club. What I am saying is that people are, as per usual, looking for a scapegoat instead of accepting the reality of the situation.

He could have easily got out the way and it was his fault entirely imo. He's got legs, jump ffs.

Because that would make the Arsenal defender and Almunia cease to exist, would it? Because an airborne Ameobi would have made Owen less likely to snatch his shot for fear of getting an injury?

Nah.

Guest alijmitchell

Ok Shola did block Owen's view of the shot. He got in Owen's way and owen didn't kno if ameobi was gonna try the shot or not. Amerobi did f*** all and Owen was surprised that Ameobi did nothing cept get in his way and missed it. Oh and u seem to suggest that Ameobi lacks confidence due to the fact that people on the forum bash him all the time. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

If that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, then you mustn't read much on here.

You seriously think that players aren't affected by what the fans think about them? You think Shola's oblivious to what people think and say about him? You don't think he hears what's said at the match? You think that knowing the majority of the people who are supposed to be supporting you think you're so hopeless that they actually want you to fail, and take great pleasure when you do, doesn't affect a players confidence?

Now that's pretty dumb!

I'd be amazed if any true fan of the club takes pleasure watching shola fuck up. You have a point though, obviously confidence has a massive affect on your performance, and that confidence can be affected internally and externally (i.e. by us the fans). The problem with Shola is that he's in a vicious cycle, he lacks basic competencies for a premier league footballer, and we all know it. Maybe a better player would react and have a blinder of a game, sticking two fingers up at the critics (like shearer often did), but I'd be willing to bet alot that he wont. So when the fans criticise him, he loses confidence, has a stinker of a game, and the fans criticise him some more, wouldn't you be busting a gut to get the fuck out, move on and find somewhere else? Really that is the only solution for the lad.

Which are fair points, based in reality. Saying he blocked a goal-bound shot, when he clearly didn't, and blaming our defeat by an Arsenal team who are obviously superior to us in every area of the pitch entirely on him, are not.

I agree with that and what I responded to.

He could have easily got out the way and it was his fault entirely imo. He's got legs, jump ffs.

Because that would make the Arsenal defender and Almunia cease to exist, would it? Because an airborne Ameobi would have made Owen less likely to snatch his shot for fear of getting an injury?

Nah.

That's not the point. He got in the way of a shot on target (Toure wouldn't have blocked it). The fact he left it shows that he knew Owen was there, so why didn't do all he could just to throw himself out the way?

Guest alijmitchell

Because he isn't fit? Lack of talent? Lack of Premier League offers deflating his ego? Perhaps Owen gave him the shout? The fact that he dropped an absolute bollock in the build up to the first goal? Face it, he's a woeful player, and hopefully will never wear a Newcastle shirt ever again. People are angry at him because he's f***ing useless, end of.

So, he played so much worse than the rest of the team that if he wasn't on the pitch we'd have won then?

People are angry at him because they can't accept that we got beaten by a better team and had deluded themselves that we were going to beat Arsenal at home. :lol: That's f***ing ridiculous!!

I'm not saying that Shola's a world-beater, or even that I'm sure he's good enough for us, or that he has a future at the club. What I am saying is that people are, as per usual, looking for a scapegoat instead of accepting the reality of the situation.

When did I say that we'd have won without him on the pitch? I accept the fact that we were beaten by a superior side, and even with a full strength side we'd struggle to get a point away to arsenal. Whilst we're accepting the reality of the situation, then surely we can all accept that Shola is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for this football club, whether you try and scapegoat him for today's performance or not.

Ok Shola did block Owen's view of the shot. He got in Owen's way and owen didn't kno if ameobi was gonna try the shot or not. Amerobi did f*** all and Owen was surprised that Ameobi did nothing cept get in his way and missed it. Oh and u seem to suggest that Ameobi lacks confidence due to the fact that people on the forum bash him all the time. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

Now that's pretty dumb!

I'd be amazed if any true fan of the club takes pleasure watching shola fuck up. You have a point though, obviously confidence has a massive affect on your performance, and that confidence can be affected internally and externally (i.e. by us the fans). The problem with Shola is that he's in a vicious cycle, he lacks basic competencies for a premier league footballer, and we all know it. Maybe a better player would react and have a blinder of a game, sticking two fingers up at the critics (like shearer often did), but I'd be willing to bet alot that he wont. So when the fans criticise him, he loses confidence, has a stinker of a game, and the fans criticise him some more, wouldn't you be busting a gut to get the fuck out, move on and find somewhere else? Really that is the only solution for the lad.

Is he not trying to do that now though?

I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of people who love to see him fuck up because it gives them another opportunity to vent their spleen on here and elsewhere.

Nah.

That's not the point. He got in the way of a shot on target (Toure wouldn't have blocked it). The fact he left it shows that he knew Owen was there, so why didn't do all he could just to throw himself out the way?

No he didn't get in the way of a shot on target, did you actually watch the match?

How many seconds did he have to do that? Not many, maybe a couple, wherever he'd have thrown himself to he'd still have been in front of the goal and therefore just as likely to have been hit by Owen's shot, had it been on target, which it wasn't.

You'd be just as well asking why Owen pussied out of the shot? He bottled it just as much as Shola got in the way, more even! Ask yourself if Shearer would have fluffed it in the same situation and there you have your answer as to who's really to blame. If anyone.

Guest alijmitchell

Now that's pretty dumb!

I'd be amazed if any true fan of the club takes pleasure watching shola f*** up. You have a point though, obviously confidence has a massive affect on your performance, and that confidence can be affected internally and externally (i.e. by us the fans). The problem with Shola is that he's in a vicious cycle, he lacks basic competencies for a premier league footballer, and we all know it. Maybe a better player would react and have a blinder of a game, sticking two fingers up at the critics (like shearer often did), but I'd be willing to bet alot that he wont. So when the fans criticise him, he loses confidence, has a stinker of a game, and the fans criticise him some more, wouldn't you be busting a gut to get the f*** out, move on and find somewhere else? Really that is the only solution for the lad.

I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of people who love to see him f*** up because it gives them another opportunity to vent their spleen on here and elsewhere.

Hasn't he been delaying moves to Ipswich and Norwich in the vain hope he'd get a premiership offer? Which on one hand is fair enough, because you would obviously want to play for a better club, but on the other hand, smacks of an inflated ego and a failure to grasp the reality of the situation, added to the fact that he's probably not gutted at picking up premier league wages for doing fuck all. Perhaps that is all just conjecture, but from the outside, as fans, you see that he's giving nothing to the club currently and is reluctant to move to clubs that are offering him a move. From that perspective its not hard to to see why he's so universally derided. Added to his lack of talent, it certainly doesn't help him very much. I guess you're probably right about some people taking pleasure in his predicament, there will always be a few who would rather complain than congratulate. No me though, I'd love to see Shola do well and bang them in, but the fact is, he wont.

Because he isn't fit? Lack of talent? Lack of Premier League offers deflating his ego? Perhaps Owen gave him the shout? The fact that he dropped an absolute bollock in the build up to the first goal? Face it, he's a woeful player, and hopefully will never wear a Newcastle shirt ever again. People are angry at him because he's f***ing useless, end of.

People are angry at him because they can't accept that we got beaten by a better team and had deluded themselves that we were going to beat Arsenal at home. :lol: That's f***ing ridiculous!!

When did I say that we'd have won without him on the pitch? I accept the fact that we were beaten by a superior side, and even with a full strength side we'd struggle to get a point away to arsenal. Whilst we're accepting the reality of the situation, then surely we can all accept that Shola is nowhere near good enough to lead the line for this football club, whether you try and scapegoat him for today's performance or not.

I didn't say you did, if you had, I would not have needed to ask the question, would I!?! Plenty have said pretty much that today, by the way.

I've not said he's good enough to lead the line, well not for quite a while anyway, what I have said, is that people are scapegoating him for today's defeat and our poor performance and that they're deluding themselves if that's what they think.

Now that's pretty dumb!

I'd be amazed if any true fan of the club takes pleasure watching shola f*** up. You have a point though, obviously confidence has a massive affect on your performance, and that confidence can be affected internally and externally (i.e. by us the fans). The problem with Shola is that he's in a vicious cycle, he lacks basic competencies for a premier league footballer, and we all know it. Maybe a better player would react and have a blinder of a game, sticking two fingers up at the critics (like shearer often did), but I'd be willing to bet alot that he wont. So when the fans criticise him, he loses confidence, has a stinker of a game, and the fans criticise him some more, wouldn't you be busting a gut to get the f*** out, move on and find somewhere else? Really that is the only solution for the lad.

I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of people who love to see him f*** up because it gives them another opportunity to vent their spleen on here and elsewhere.

Hasn't he been delaying moves to Ipswich and Norwich in the vain hope he'd get a premiership offer? Which on one hand is fair enough, because you would obviously want to play for a better club, but on the other hand, smacks of an inflated ego and a failure to grasp the reality of the situation, added to the fact that he's probably not gutted at picking up premier league wages for doing fuck all. Perhaps that is all just conjecture, but from the outside, as fans, you see that he's giving nothing to the club currently and is reluctant to move to clubs that are offering him a move. From that perspective its not hard to to see why he's so universally derided. Added to his lack of talent, it certainly doesn't help him very much. I guess you're probably right about some people taking pleasure in his predicament, there will always be a few who would rather complain than congratulate. No me though, I'd love to see Shola do well and bang them in, but the fact is, he wont.

Did he not fail a medical then?

That would suggest that he was going to go, he's hardly likely to have said: "Well I'm not going to sign, but I'll run up and down a bit for you and let you poke and prod me for a while, anyway" is he?

Also, did I not read about him pleading with the club not to price him out of a move? Would that not also suggest that he wants to go and that it isn't him that's holding things up?

Arsenal played very well today.  One game doesn't make our season.  I am happy with 4 points, especially since we already played Man U and Arsenal away.

Need a couple of players in, get some others healthy and we will be fine.  

AND SHOLA SHOULD NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.  He is absolute s***.

He was just as bad as everyone else on that pitch today! Get off his fucking back and support the lad, what shirt does he wear?

If you had offered me 4 points after three games at the start of the season, I would have snapped your hand off.

So fuck if we didn't do well at Arsenal? It's fucking Arsenal! :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Arsenal played very well today.  One game doesn't make our season.  I am happy with 4 points, especially since we already played Man U and Arsenal away.

Need a couple of players in, get some others healthy and we will be fine.  

AND SHOLA SHOULD NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.  He is absolute s***.

He was just as bad as everyone else on that pitch today! Get off his fucking back and support the lad, what shirt does he wear?

he made a complete twat of himself for their first goal, but apart from that he played no worse than owen did.

as i've said i dont think any idividual played particulary badly today, we just were not good enough. they played to their best and we were average.