Few points after todays game

Decky

Instead of Shola we should have had a midfielder on the pitch. Shola was truly awful today, and was just a liability for Owen.

Michael Owen showed me fuck all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are shit, face it, but get behind them ffs.

Instead of Shola we should have had a midfielder on the pitch. Shola was truly awful today, and was just a liability for Owen.

Michael Owen showed me fuck all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are shit, face it, but get behind them ffs.

The same Michael Owen who if it hadnt of been for Shola would have made it 1-1 and changed the game for us?

The same Michael Owen who if it hadnt of been for Shola would have made it 1-1 and changed the game for us?

Must have been some other Michael Owen to the one I was watching then.

Guest alijmitchell

Ok Shola did block Owen's view of the shot. He got in Owen's way and owen didn't kno if ameobi was gonna try the shot or not. Amerobi did f*** all and Owen was surprised that Ameobi did nothing cept get in his way and missed it. Oh and u seem to suggest that Ameobi lacks confidence due to the fact that people on the forum bash him all the time. Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard.

"but he lacked the confidence to back himself to score, hmmm.... I wonder why that might be?"

If that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, then you mustn't read much on here.

You seriously think that players aren't affected by what the fans think about them? You think Shola's oblivious to what people think and say about him? You don't think he hears what's said at the match? You think that knowing the majority of the people who are supposed to be supporting you think you're so hopeless that they actually want you to fail, and take great pleasure when you do, doesn't affect a players confidence?

Now that's pretty dumb!

I'd be amazed if any true fan of the club takes pleasure watching shola f*** up. You have a point though, obviously confidence has a massive affect on your performance, and that confidence can be affected internally and externally (i.e. by us the fans). The problem with Shola is that he's in a vicious cycle, he lacks basic competencies for a premier league footballer, and we all know it. Maybe a better player would react and have a blinder of a game, sticking two fingers up at the critics (like shearer often did), but I'd be willing to bet alot that he wont. So when the fans criticise him, he loses confidence, has a stinker of a game, and the fans criticise him some more, wouldn't you be busting a gut to get the f*** out, move on and find somewhere else? Really that is the only solution for the lad.

Is he not trying to do that now though?

I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of people who love to see him f*** up because it gives them another opportunity to vent their spleen on here and elsewhere.

Hasn't he been delaying moves to Ipswich and Norwich in the vain hope he'd get a premiership offer? Which on one hand is fair enough, because you would obviously want to play for a better club, but on the other hand, smacks of an inflated ego and a failure to grasp the reality of the situation, added to the fact that he's probably not gutted at picking up premier league wages for doing f*** all. Perhaps that is all just conjecture, but from the outside, as fans, you see that he's giving nothing to the club currently and is reluctant to move to clubs that are offering him a move. From that perspective its not hard to to see why he's so universally derided. Added to his lack of talent, it certainly doesn't help him very much. I guess you're probably right about some people taking pleasure in his predicament, there will always be a few who would rather complain than congratulate. No me though, I'd love to see Shola do well and bang them in, but the fact is, he wont.

Did he not fail a medical then?

That would suggest that he was going to go, he's hardly likely to have said: "Well I'm not going to sign, but I'll run up and down a bit for you and let you poke and prod me for a while, anyway" is he?

Also, did I not read about him pleading with the club not to price him out of a move? Would that not also suggest that he wants to go and that it isn't him that's holding things up?

Fair point. Aye at the start of the whole saga, he mentioned being priced out of a move, and then ipswich managed to agree a fee to sign him, for which he failed a medical apparently due to a medical due to a hamstring injury. So yes, the point about him seemingly not wanting to get out is harsh (perhaps its is easy to blame him for that, I'm not going to argue that the injury was his fault), but the fact that he is not good enough to play here is one that plenty of people would agree with.

Michael Owen showed me f*** all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are s***, face it, but get behind them ffs.

Oh, he has 1 chance, that makes him have a good game and deserve no stick whatsoever but shola to get it all ?

fuck off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or fuck off to watch sunderland.

OK so i've not posted on this forum for some time but i've constantly been reading....tonights game was expected to be honest, we are no where near the top four in terms of player power. Our squad therefore is very slim and a few injuries to top players means weak replacements that are currently not premiership quality! Im not totally convinced of the board and manager seeing eye to eye and im worried king kev will walk out (milner deal being a big issue). i do tho think we will fair much better than last year as we are playing much better football, i believe a top 10 finish is not out of our hands. One issue that did embarrass me as a fan of Newcastle united and was more important than the defeat tonight was the introduction of Barton....i felt very disappointed that we was giving a thug a chance to play professional football again and the fact that the away supporters seen this didn’t help...Newcastle has always been my club and a friendly one of which football comes first win lose or draw, this however was not football and even though king kev stuck up for him at the end of the arsenal game you cant help feeling this is a player who will cause bad feeling and more problems in the games to come...will our supporters applauded him, i suspect not! I'm all for giving people second chances but is this really going to help our cause? I hope to god we sign a couple of new players in the next 2 days or this season up to the next transfer deadline might be more tricky than we expect! Roll on Hull at home!!

Guest alijmitchell

Michael Owen showed me f*** all, he was just as bad as Shola. Sick to death of wankers putting all the blame on shola, smith, geremi ! they are s***, face it, but get behind them ffs.

Oh, he has 1 chance, that makes him have a good game and deserve no stick whatsoever but shola to get it all ?

f*** off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or f*** off to watch sunderland.

Criticise Ameobi and all of a sudden you're a Mackem? I have no doubt that within the hardcore Newcastle fans that actually paid money to go to London to watch the game today there would have been a great number of people criticising his performance. Does that mean they weren't supporting the club properly or that, they're actually Mackems masquerading as geordies?

fuck off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or fuck off to watch sunderland.

Fuck off man what age are you? 15? Dont come on here and question anyones support, and before you rant on about how many games you go to like the immature little brat that you are, you are blessed with location, thats all you have above me and other foreign fans. Owen is not the same as Shola, Owen got fuck all service today, he got 1 piece of good service and had it not been for Shola he would of scored. How the fuck can Owen be held responsible for doing fuck all when his so called strike partner denied him a goal? Neither forwards got a goal today, neither forward did fuck all, the difference between each however is one would of scored had it not been for the other, can you really fail to see that?

That is essentially what I was insinuating.

f*** off the lot of yas, either support the club properly or f*** off to watch sunderland.

Criticise Ameobi and all of a sudden you're a Mackem? I have no doubt that within the hardcore Newcastle fans that actually paid money to go to London to watch the game today there would have been a great number of people criticising his performance. Does that mean they weren't supporting the club properly or that, they're actually Mackems masquerading as geordies?

They are wankers aswell, you go to matches to SUPPORT YOUR CLUB - which means support your players. why get on their backs? even before the ball has been kicked, theres no need. we all know shola wont score 20 goals in a season man, we know whats expected from him, his confidence will be low to start with never mind a few hundred fans screaming at him.

Guest optimistic nit

i didn't think ameobi was much worse than owen. he got in the way of a chance owen was not going to score anyway and was at fault for their penalty, but apart from that he was no worse than owen was imo.

Guest optimistic nit

i think it is very unfair to single him out for abuse tonight, and the only reason he is getting so much is because of his previous, and not because of tonights performance.

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was shite (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the fuck is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

Guest alijmitchell

So if Shola had got out of the way of Owen's chance and we actually scored would you stil be criticising Owen's performance?

You can only take the "support the team 100%" so far - of course people will back players but I think after 8 years or whatever of watching him play exactly like he did today I have the right to question the blokes inclusion.

On confidence in the past when he should have been "feeling loved" he wad just as bad imo.

f*** off man what age are you? 15? Dont come on here and question anyones support, and before you rant on about how many games you go to like the immature little brat that you are, you are blessed with location, thats all you have above me and other foreign fans. Owen is not the same as Shola, Owen got f*** all service today, he got 1 piece of good service and had it not been for Shola he would of scored. How the f*** can Owen be held responsible for doing f*** all when his so called strike partner denied him a goal? Neither forwards got a goal today, neither forward did f*** all, the difference between each however is one would of scored had it not been for the other, can you really fail to see that?

Doesnt matter if your fucking 1 or 100, you support your players. simple fact.

immature little brat?  :weep: ok pal.

when did i say owen was the same player as shola ? we all know shola is shit, my point is dont get on his back. Enrique and Beye were terrible today, why arnt you getting on their backs?

i didn't think ameobi was much worse than owen. he got in the way of a chance owen was not going to score anyway and was at fault for their penalty, but apart from that he was no worse than owen was imo.

For me it is a cummulative thing - he has shown no aptitude for the profession that he has chosen for a long time and in any other walk of life would have been shown the door a long time ago.  Why should overpaid footballers be able to get away with it?  Sack him.

Guest optimistic nit

I fail to see how saying that Ameobi was shite (which he was) is "not supporting the club." I'm not as much of a soopafan as Kev though so I might have missed the point.

Hes young and foolish mate, most of us have been posting on this board since before he even had his first pube. Who the fuck is gonna sit on here and let him tell them how to support the club mackems.gif

but i think he's on the right side of this debate, even if he could have phrased his posts together, but a lot of people say exactly the same things kev has said about people who boo our own players at matches (which is wrong wrong) but in this context, even though its the same thing, its just easy to call kev immature and leave it at that.

f*** off man what age are you? 15? Dont come on here and question anyones support, and before you rant on about how many games you go to like the immature little brat that you are, you are blessed with location, thats all you have above me and other foreign fans. Owen is not the same as Shola, Owen got f*** all service today, he got 1 piece of good service and had it not been for Shola he would of scored. How the f*** can Owen be held responsible for doing f*** all when his so called strike partner denied him a goal? Neither forwards got a goal today, neither forward did f*** all, the difference between each however is one would of scored had it not been for the other, can you really fail to see that?

Doesnt matter if your fucking 1 or 100, you support your players. simple fact.

immature little brat?  :weep: ok pal.

when did i say owen was the same player as shola ? we all know shola is shit, my point is dont get on his back. Enrique and Beye were terrible today, why arnt you getting on their backs?

How about because Shola has been here since 1995 and has been shit for about 5 seasons now, where as Beye and Enrique have been here for a year and 1 has proven himself to be class and 1 has proven himself to have alot of potential?

So if Shola had got out of the way of Owen's chance and we actually scored would you stil be criticising Owen's performance?

If Owen scored it would make his performance totally different, he mightve got more confidence and got involved. so its impossible to judge that one

but i think he's on the right side of this debate, even if he could have phrased his posts together, but a lot of people say exactly the same things kev has said about people who boo our own players at matches (which is wrong wrong) but in this context, even though its the same thing, its just easy to call kev immature and leave it at that.

We have seen Kev act extremely childish before on here before though, thats why i find him immature. Added to the fact that he is only like 15.

If Owen scored it would make his performance totally different, he mightve got more confidence and got involved. so its impossible to judge that one

He would have scored had it not been for Shola ffs, can you not see why Ameobi is getting criticised here?

i think it is very unfair to single him out for abuse tonight, and the only reason he is getting so much is because of his previous, and not because of tonights performance.

Shola?