La Liga 2008/09

Mr. Snrub

Aye right mate whatever, i'll give you a shout when I care what you think.

Goal for Gudjohnsen good to see him finally doing well for them, was always big fan of his.

Fuuuuck man, Gudjohnsen.  He looked average against us for Chelsea

Not average but never felt he had the pace or consistency really. Good stand in, nothing more. Just too many things lacking in his game. Jamie Redknapp was similar, albeit in different positions. Both good footballers. Neither were/are good athletes.

Guest Heneage

Aye right mate whatever, i'll give you a shout when I care what you think.

Goal for Gudjohnsen good to see him finally doing well for them, was always big fan of his.

Fuuuuck man, Gudjohnsen.  He looked average against us for Chelsea

He had a tremendous brain, good close control, perfect fodder for what we have now.

Guest LucaAltieri

2-2  Last minute of the game.

Rosario from an Albert Luque corner. Luque has actually been decent since coming on. Has seen plenty of the ball.

In his last 29 league matches, Samuel Eto'o has scored 29 league goals!! Fuck me, I never realised he was so prolific.

Roughly 120 league matches for Barca and about league goals for them. That's an insane ratio. Incredible.

And to think they were so close to getting rid of him this year.

Guest timmy boy

In his last 29 league matches, Samuel Eto'o has scored 29 league goals!! f*** me, I never realised he was so prolific.

Roughly 120 league matches for Barca and about league goals for them. That's an insane ratio. Incredible.

Funnily enough I was reading his Wiki page and watching some videos of him a couple of days ago and I couldn't believe how many he's bagged for Barca something like 110 in 160 which is immense.Villa and Van Nistelrooy have similar tallys as well.

I think perhaps his sometimes individual and erratic persona smokescreens the fact that he is and afaik was, at Barca at least, a consistently prolific striker.

Best decision they've made this season, apart from getting rid of some of the deadwood, is to keep Eto'o.

• 3 weeks later...

Schuster - Barca scalp impossible

Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster has conceded defeat ahead of Saturday's 'El Clasico' against Barcelona.

Schuster's side suffered a third Primera Division loss in four games at the weekend as Barca opened up a nine-point gap over their fifth-placed rivals.

The German coach is under weighty pressure in the Spanish capital and is set to be without star winger Arjen Robben for the forthcoming clash at Camp Nou after he was red-carded against Sevilla.

Schuster, who also has the likes of Pepe, Mahamadou Diarra and Ruud van Nistelrooy unavailable through injury, has shocked Real supporters by admitting his charges are unlikely to beat their foes.

"It's impossible to win at Barca's stadium," Schuster said at a news conference. "They are devastating. I think it is their year.

"We will try to put on a good show. We won't be able to do more than that."

:kasper:

Not exactly the kind of honesty fans would want to hear.  ;D

As I said, this could be a very embarrassing day for them, and something like a 3 or 4 nil defeat will most probably see the end for Schuster.

Guest timmy boy

Real Madrid boss Bernd Schuster has conceded defeat ahead of Saturday's 'El Clasico' against Barcelona.

Schuster's side suffered a third Primera Division loss in four games at the weekend as Barca opened up a nine-point gap over their fifth-placed rivals.

The German coach is under weighty pressure in the Spanish capital and is set to be without star winger Arjen Robben for the forthcoming clash at Camp Nou after he was red-carded against Sevilla.

Schuster, who also has the likes of Pepe, Mahamadou Diarra and Ruud van Nistelrooy unavailable through injury, has shocked Real supporters by admitting his charges are unlikely to beat their foes.

"It's impossible to win at Barca's stadium," Schuster said at a news conference. "They are devastating. I think it is their year.

Not exactly the kind of honesty fans would want to hear.   ;D

As I said, this could be a very embarrassing day for them, and something like a 3 or 4 nil defeat will most probably see the end for Schuster.

He sounds like he knows the end is near for his job.

Not exactly the kind of honesty fans would want to hear.   ;D

He sounds like he knows the end is near for his job.

A very weird thing to say, probably trying to ease the pressure of himself but I think he's just made it worse. Can't imagine the Real fans being very happy.

If a NUFC manager came out with something like that in the build up to a game against the mackems i'd want him sacked there and then!! Don't care if he's trying some mind games or whatever not the thing to say when you are about to face your biggest rivals!