La Liga 2008/09

Mr. Snrub

Never a penalty like. Disgusting decision.

Yer what? :lol:

Aye afters is (wish he'd made full contact though), thought'd he blown up for the original hand on the shoulder. Shocking dive.

The only thing that's unforgiveable, Mr Getafe President, is that Pepe didn't take your diving c*** of a player's head off.

What? Are you serious? He took a dive in La Liga ffs. That's like castigating someone for punching in a boxing ring. Certainly did not deserve to get kicked and stood on.

Having seen the incident properly now I can see why he got 10 games. You can't kick someone twice then hit someone else in the face.

And tell the fourth official that they're all whoresons  :lol:

Diving is present in football around the world at every level. It's part of the game just like bad tackles are part of the game. It's up to the referees to punish it if they see fit. Certainly not up to idiot Portugese defenders to commit assault if they think someone dived.

I don't morally condone the assault if i'm honest, however i did take some sort of twisted pleasure seeing the guy try and kick seven bells out of him. Like i say - i'm really not bothered regarding the context. Simulation, in the rulebook, is down as cheating and is without doubt a pet hate of mine. We're lucky that our football club has had an absence of these 'divers' down the years; Robert used to tumble a bit easily but never dived, and it's one of the reasons why i loathe Damien Duff.

Simulation is cheating, and whilst i know it'll probably never be eradicated, there is too much of it in the game. I 'enjoyed' Pepe's booting of the guy, in the same way that i 'enjoyed' Guthrie's massacre of Craig Fagan earlier in the season. I certainly don't condone the incidents, and both players received fair punishments... but the wankers on the receiving ends got exactly what they had coming - a good kicking. And i've got no sympathy for either of them. (I know Fagan didn't dive or owt, btw, but the same sort of thing applies - if you're gonna act like a dick to aggreived mentalists like Danny Guthrie, then you're in danger of getting a kicking).

Why are people saying he has dived?  Unless you are blind you can see Pepe shove him in the back..

Haven't seen it for a couple of days, but it was a clear dive, contact or not.

How can people possibly defend Pepe on this? He twice kicked a man lying on the ground, slapped another one and then called the referee team sons of whores. Absolutely inexcusable behavior in my opinion.

Honestly though, I don't understand why we don't put those 50 cameras we have on each game to good use and actually start suspending players who are caught diving, bet we'd see the end of diving in no time like.

Honestly though, I don't understand why we don't put those 50 cameras we have on each game to good use and actually start suspending players who are caught diving, bet we'd see the end of diving in no time like.

Exactly. It's very frustrating.