Xisco signed from Deportivo on 5 year deal

Guest hindu times

Sounds a good prospect from what I've read, but never seen him play.

How would pronounce that in English? Would it be 'jisco' like 'xavi' or 'cisco' or 'hisco'?

i would assume 'cisco' saying as its short for francisco

Ooh, conflicting opinions. I hope it's 'cisco' so we can sing something based on the thong song.

Personally, I'll wait until I hear David Pleat pronounce it for the definitive answer.

Guest Anth.Nufc

Do you guys think he will get much playing time? What with Martins, Viduca, ameobi and Owen at the club? Sure 2 of them are innjured, but when they return?

I expect Ameobi to leave today. Viduka will probably leave next summer (his contract expires and I doubt he'll get a new one), and if Owen doesn't sign his new contract offer then so will he.

I think maybe playing him on saturday was a push for him to move either on loan or permanent move to Ipswich.

How would pronounce that in English? Would it be 'jisco' like 'xavi' or 'cisco' or 'hisco'?

Ooh, conflicting opinions. I hope it's 'cisco' so we can sing something based on the thong song.

Personally, I'll wait until I hear David Pleat pronounce it for the definitive answer.

Good idea. Nisto is it then.

Guest Anth.Nufc

any mentioned this on his wiki (I know, I know)?

and the player had been in contact with his former team mate Coloccini. Sky Sports also reported the move to the Tyneside, for a reported fee of £5.7 million.[1]

good skills, Colo.

:lol:

and the player had been in contact with his former team mate Coloccini. Sky Sports also reported the move to the Tyneside, for a reported fee of £5.7 million.[1]

good skills, Colo.

Reckon Jimenez and Wise were in the background when he was on the phone to Colo? "Tell him Newcastle's always sunny and the women are all supermodels..."

Guest Depor_Fan

good skills, Colo.

No suprise, they are good mates.

Do you guys think he will get much playing time? What with Martins, Viduca, ameobi and Owen at the club? Sure 2 of them are innjured, but when they return?

Hard to say. The problem with our strikeforce is that Owen, Martins and Viduka are all decent but injury prone and the covering strikers we have at the club (Smith and Ameobi) simply aren't good enough. Viduka is our only viable option as a targetman but he's always injured and Xisco would be able to bring out the best of Martins and Owen playing off him on a more consistent basis. We need some quality depth to the team and Xisco seems to tick the boxes.

I'd like to think that Keegan's bringing Xisco in as Viduka's eventual successor who will probably leave in the summer and allow us to go back to 4-3-3 with Martins and Owen playing off him. It would make a fair bit of sense with him being young and clearly having alot of potential to have him act as an understudy to Viduka and fill in when needed and eventally oust him from the first team.

I reckon he'll get some games before Viduka returns, drop to the bench when he does but be regular as a sub and will play in the cup comps this season. Next season, where Viduka is likely to bugger off, Xisco will likely be a first team regular.

Guest hikickry

Good idea. Nisto is it then.

im interested to see what motson comes up with, after all it was him that changed drogba to drogbar, martins to marteens etc.

I expect Ameobi to leave today. Viduka will probably leave next summer (his contract expires and I doubt he'll get a new one), and if Owen doesn't sign his new contract offer then so will he.

I think maybe playing him on saturday was a push for him to move either on loan or permanent move to Ipswich.

After Saturday's performance, he's more likely to get either a loan or permanent move to Droitwich.

Please can I ask for patient with this guy even if he doesnt hit the ground running....let him ease into the Premiership, he's clearly a long term prospect not gonna score 20 goals a season until he has developed more.

Please can I ask for patient with this guy....let him ease into the Premiership.

If he doesn't score a hattrick in his first game I hope we boo him till he leaves.

:D No doubt he will be written off by some straight away though.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

Bit underwhelmed by this tbh.

Think we needed better. Most of his football has been played in the Spanish second division. Ill definately give him time(will be a difficult adjustment at first) but it is underwhelming. Although quite a decent price so cant complain too much.

Think we needed better. Most of his football has been played in the Spanish second division. Ill definately give him time(will be a difficult adjustment at first) but it is underwhelming. Although quite a decent price so cant complain too much.

Who were you honestly expecting then?

Guest Anth.Nufc

SSN Say part of the deal is to play depor next season.

Edit also did the fans opion in newcastle mixed views but most said eh never heard of him :lol:

Who were you honestly expecting then?

KAKA, RVN and ALAN SHEARER

Not read the whole thread, but what sort of a forward is he? I'm hoping he's more of a target man to front the attack, but from what I remember of the thong song he's only about 5'2 isnt he?

Aye, but he's got a great line in Cisse/Diouf stlye bleached blond haircuts. Quite acrobatic as well.