Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Guest Nufc4Life

Must say all this talk of who City are getting, and Spurs gonna hvave 30 million to splash around soon, its fucking annoying that we've got Xisco and Gonzalez.

Don't get me wrong, i think they will be decent enough signings and im pleased, but I just cant help but feel if we could splash the cash and be bit more ambitious, we could of been the team of this window.

In saying that, its doubtful City will get Berbatov, and Pavluchenko and Arshavin are no more proven than Xisco, but i dunno.

Would Fergie go for Owen if Berbatov goes to City?

As KK says everyone has their price. We are in the driving seat, lets hold out for 12m+.

We aren't really in the driving seat as his contract runs out next summer and he can negotiate with other clubs from January, whcih is right in the middle of our season when he should be focused on playing for us you see.

Still have a feeling flashy pants Man City will bid for him to play with Berbs.

I meant in the driving seat, in terms of today. We don't have to sell him because even for a season he is still valuable. However, for the right price he could be sold and by the looks of it there are some desperate clubs to be had.

Must say all this talk of who City are getting, and Spurs gonna hvave 30 million to splash around soon, its fucking annoying that we've got Xisco and Gonzalez.

Don't get me wrong, i think they will be decent enough signings and im pleased, but I just cant help but feel if we could splash the cash and be bit more ambitious, we could of been the team of this window.

In saying that, its doubtful City will get Berbatov, and Pavluchenko and Arshavin are no more proven than Xisco, but i dunno.

I know what you mean, but it seems to me like we've conducted our business sensibly, professionally and within our means.

Arshavin will probably stay with Zenit, Berbatov will join Man Utd. Pavlyuchenko is a good player and good signing - but Spurs have still gone backwards by selling Berbatov and Keane.

Guest black n white

I don't think Spurs have "30 million to splash around soon", since they've already spent so much.

have they not brought in more than they have spent? not sure as they signed corluka

but 20m for keane and 30m+ for berba isnt bad business

I don't think Spurs have "30 million to splash around soon", since they've already spent so much.

have they not brought in more than they have spent? not sure as they signed corluka

It's good business financially but poor in football terms. Those two were their two best performers last year and they have sold them. As of yet, they have not replaced them.

Spurs problem this year is that they have had far too big a turnover in players.

Think they'll be breaking even or even making a profit on their transfers so far if Berbatov goes for 30m. They'll have 20m or so to spend if they want, and I think they might spend it on Arshavin.

Guest quklaani

Ive been spending a lot of time today flitting by TV screens at work to see whats happening with berbatov, its all gone completely mental.

I will say though, Ive noticed a few emails from spurs fans on SSN and such talking about how brilliant it is that we've been gazumped by city (if it happens, who the hell knows, he'll probably sign for FC United at this rate).  Is selling your best player to a direct rival and therefore further ruining your chances of gaining that precious "top four" spot really y'know, that brilliant?  Are spurs fans really that incredibly dense?  Of course theres the money, which theyve no time to spend.  If it happens then Spurs have strengthened two of the clubs pushing for the top four...why don't they just sell Woodgate, Hutton and King to Everton?

Think they'll be breaking even or even making a profit on their transfers so far if Berbatov goes for 30m. They'll have 20m or so to spend if they want, and I think they might spend it on Arshavin.

You mean they will have a small NET spend?

Heaven forbid!

If Berbatov is worth £30m, Santa Cruise is worth at least £25m+

But it's probably because he plays for a super massive club like Spurs he's valued so high  :rolleyes:

iH HES WORTH 30 Cruz is worth 45

If Berbatov is worth £30m, Santa Cruise is worth at least £25m+

But it's probably because he plays for a super massive club like Spurs he's valued so high  :rolleyes:

iH HES WORTH 30 Cruz is worth 45

Guest black n white

It's good business financially but poor in football terms. Those two were their two best performers last year and they have sold them. As of yet, they have not replaced them.

Spurs problem this year is that they have had far too big a turnover in players.

same with us and milner apart from the fact that he wasnt in the same class

same with us and milner apart from the fact that he wasnt in the same class

More like apart from Milner is only rated by other fans.

Must say all this talk of who City are getting, and Spurs gonna hvave 30 million to splash around soon, its f***ing annoying that we've got Xisco and Gonzalez.

Why do folks get so antsy when these idiot clubs start throwing money around so foolishly? Be cool. We will be fine. It will definitely come together for us.

I was more upset when City managed to land Kompany for £6 million. Now that had me pissed off, because that was a good signing and one we should have been in on.

This £30 million for Berbatov business is just embarrassing in my eyes. Poor way to go about things.  28 yr old striker who has an attitude problem? Rubbish. I would have been more startled had they signed Benzema/Villa/Aguero for £30 million tbh. Now that would have been scary.

Spurs have sold Keane and are on the verge of selling Berbatov.

They scored 66 goals in the league last year; those two players scored 30 of them with countless assists between them too.

Takes some doing to replace that.

Must say all this talk of who City are getting, and Spurs gonna hvave 30 million to splash around soon, its f***ing annoying that we've got Xisco and Gonzalez.

Why do folks get so antsy when these idiot clubs start throwing money around so foolishly? Be cool. We will be fine. It will definitely come together for us.

I was more upset when City managed to land Kompany for £6 million. Now that had me pissed off, because that was a good signing and one we should have been in on.

This £30 million for Berbatov business is just embarrassing in my eyes. Poor way to go about things.  28 yr old striker who has an attitude problem? Rubbish. I would have been more startled had they signed Benzema/Villa/Aguero for £30 million tbh. Now that would have been scary.

Again i'm on the same wavelength.

The likes of Kompany, SWP etc were more astute signings.

More like £16 million