Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Would be immense if City got Berbaov. :D

How?

Ahead of Man Utd? I'd love that. People read too much into this 'omg but theyre r rivals' s***, he's not THAT good. Didn't stop Spurs from being s*** last year. City already have a team that betters ours imo anyway.

Which is why them getting Berbatov is terrible for us and everyone else who aims to be challenging for Europe...not to forget that Spurs will have £30m to go out and get a replacement.

Hamburg just signed a left back.

who?

From Bayern, was the german football round-up on Setanta. Didnt catch the name.

Marcel Jansen. They already signed him a couple of days ago and Jansen even played for Hamburg at the weekend. That's why Atouba is up for sale. Setanta seem a bit slow with their round-up...

I'm just lucky i found a stream to anything, Setanta it is.

We still need to sign another defender.

City going out buying world class players while we are buyin s**** like that xisco

keegan out

f*** OFF dont need supporters like you

I think that might have been tongue-in-cheek.

Hope so anyway ???

It was 50/50 what response to give i went for the rage option sorry if it was hard to judge without the aid of a smiley

Guest black n white

Makes the credit crunch stuff sound a bit ridiculous like.

And has the City takeover even been finalised? Fit and proper persons test? Due diligence? Seems a bit early for them to be launching insane bids for all and sundry.

they supplied the money for wright phillips etc been in talks for the last two weeks apparently

City going out buying world class players while we are buyin s**** like that xisco

keegan out

f*** OFF dont need supporters like you

I think that might have been tongue-in-cheek.

Hope so anyway ???

Yes it was

Anyway imo City won't be getting any of these players they've been linked with today, it's just stupid. berbs got his heart set on man u, he may as well stay at tottenham if man u dont want him

Hopefully we'll have this Owen case sorted out once and for all today. Ever since he signed for us there has been rumours about him. Surprised so few of you have reported you've suffered gastric ulcer..

The silver lining if City buy Berbatov (which I don't think they will) might be that they will still finish mid table and he will be off to Madrid or somewhere next summer.

I he signs for Man Utd they might well win the premiership and the champions league and they'll be immense for another 5 years.

Maybe a bit far fetched...

Guest black n white

saha passes medical at everton

How the hell did SAHA pass a medical?

everton made him touch his toes for the medical

When all is said and done, I still prefer our way of going about things.

I know people will think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't have been impressed if we had gone out and launched a £30 million bid for Berbatov. Very over the top really.

I prefer we put in the hard work and get players who are desperate to make a name for themselves and to do so at Newcastle.

Look at Santa Cruz, what did he cost last summer? I'd have him over berbatov anyday. We need to get them at the right times, which appears to be what we are doing.

Would I have Modric over Gutierrez now? Hell no! But at the start of summer it wasn't looking that way was it?

Howay lads! We'll still deck them all.

Guest justin99.

saha passes medical at everton

How the hell did SAHA pass a medical?

everton made him touch his toes for the medical

And he conceled the resulting ruptured hamstring.

"that's how it always is"