Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Where is Sky getting this idea that Owen's leaving btw? Is it definite, if so, where is he going?

I'm not sure, I think they (the journos) have just put the fact that he's out of contract at the end of the season and the rumours of stumbling contract negotiations together and come up with

OMG!!!11 OWEN TO OLD TRAFFORSDS/GOODISON/EWOOD/CITEH etc...

Mind you, I think it's entirely plausible Owen could be gone by midnight...

Jimmy Briand still flying through the air? Xisco still in that jet? You'd think England was next to New Zealand.

Who is this Jimmy Briand? What can anyone tell me about him?

He's a footballer.

Some daft cunt on a shit website made up something about him coming here. Forget you ever even heard about it, because it's a load of bollocks.

Jimmy Briand still flying through the air? Xisco still in that jet? You'd think England was next to New Zealand.

He's a footballer.

Some daft cunt on a shit website made up something about him coming here. Forget you ever even heard about it, because it's a load of bollocks.

:lol:  Well said.

Owen cannot talk to any club right now without NUFC's permission. That's not to say they haven't given it, but the contract situation is irrelevant right now unless we've decided to cash in before he's worthless.

For my money we'd be daft to sell him as we've got no-one else to put the ball in the net.

He's a footballer.

Some daft c*** on a s*** website made up something about him coming here. Forget you ever even heard about it, because it's a load of bollocks.

:lol:  Well said.

Thanks for clearing that one up

So Skys confirmed Shola and SMith staying Owen possibly leaving. with Xisco and Gonzalez coming in. Im underwhelmed.

i fully expect smith to go to everton for the reason that once xisco has signed, i reckon later in the day moyes will panic bid and get smith for 4 million, and we will accept because otherwise we have 7 strikers and plenty of midfielders, seeing he is short up front. i reckon it will be confirmed very late though

So Skys confirmed Shola and SMith staying Owen possibly leaving. with Xisco and Gonzalez coming in. Im underwhelmed.

i fully expect smith to go to everton for the reason that once xisco has signed, i reckon later in the day moyes will panic bid and get smith for 4 million, and we will accept because otherwise we have 7 strikers and plenty of midfielders, seeing he is short up front. i reckon it will be confirmed very late though

Lets hope your right

Jimmy Briand is a young French striker who plays for Lens I think. He's quite highly rated and has been linked with the likes of Arsenal as well as us. Supposedly a similar to player to Drogba but then again it seems like every French striker is nowadays.

Wiki says "similar to Thierry Henry", actually.

Guest johnson293

From the Beeb..

1408: There is a lot of chat floating around about the future of Michael Owen, with several of you saying he could be on his way back to Liverpool.

:rolleyes:

Guest LucaAltieri

From the Beeb..

1408: There is a lot of chat floating around about the future of Michael Owen, with several of you saying he could be on his way back to Liverpool.

:rolleyes:

Straight swap for Torres.

(...so long as we're making stuff up.)

Guest Nufc4Life

I reckon Owen staying with us all rests on

A) The extent of Torres injury

B) Whether Berbatov goes to City or not.

If Torress injury is say, a month or more, I can see Liverpool swooping for him, they might do anyay but even more if Torres is out.

And City look definently in the market for a striker, so if Berbatov goes to Man Utd instead, I can see them coming in for Owen.

Everton are probably outsiders to make a late panic bid for him, though they seem to be more interested in Smith.

Either way, if a bid comes in for Owen, I can see him leaving. I'd say it's 70/30 he'll be here at the end of today, but that could change.

Guest LucaAltieri

I reckon Owen staying with us all rests on

A) The extent of Torres injury

B) Whether Berbatov goes to City or not.

If Torress injury is say, a month or more, I can see Liverpool swooping for him, they might do anyay but even more if Torres is out.

And City look definently in the market for a striker, so if Berbatov goes to Man Utd instead, I can see them coming in for Owen.

Everton are probably outsiders to make a late panic bid for him, though they seem to be more interested in Smith.

Either way, if a bid comes in for Owen, I can see him leaving. I'd say it's 70/30 he'll be here at the end of today, but that could change.

Why would Owen go to Everton? He turned them down last time round and he refused to take a pay cut here... are Everton in a position to even match the wages we (allegedly) pay him?