Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

Don't underestimate the fact Petrov is at City.

Also this signing along with the others they have made might convince Berbatov that they are genuinely aiming for the top 4, which is very possible, considering how clueless Rafa is regarding the league.

The top 4 are that far away that even Rafa being clueless isn't going to stop them from getting 4th place.

Is he really worth £30+ Million?

I don't think he is.

He is to Both Manu & Citeh.

Manu need a proven goalscorer and only the very best will do, while Citeh and their new owners want to make an impact, a huge statement, and taking away a player Manu having been chasing all summer (and more) from right under their noses only an hour in to their reign sends out a massive message of intent, and a big fuk you to their local rivals.

Berbs has just become £10m more expensive right now, regardless of his talent, but due to the situation.

And shley wants a wow signing......We can dream

I almost want Smith and Ameobi out as much as for us to bring players in.

But also with bringing players like Xisco in Smith and Ameobi are going further and further down the pecking order, thus making it very  difficult for them to get anywhere near the team ;)

Guest Matticus

ssn just said shola and smith are staying , please be wrong

At worst they could be loaned out to Championship clubs after today.

I love how SSN was like "Good News for Newcastle, Ameobi looks to be staying put"  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How much would it take for you to sell Owen? Silly money like 13m and I'd let him go in a heartbeat.

Obviously, this doesn't mean that I want him to go or think that he's useless/shite/whatever. I think he's a good player - one of our best - but considering his contract situation and the fact that many clubs seem desperate for a striker, there's a chance a silly bid may occur.

I almost want Smith and Ameobi out as much as for us to bring players in.

But also with bringing players like Xisco in Smith and Ameobi are going further and further down the pecking order, thus making it very  difficult for them to get anywhere near the team ;)

Meaning the money is even more of a waste. ;)

i'll be very surprised if owen is still here come 12 tonight

where do you think he will go?

i cant understand how its taken about 3 months for us to offer a contract to him that seems to be what he wants, yet someone else is going to do it in 10 hours.

I'd be very suprised if he is not. Who offers a player 120k a week and sells him the next day?

As well as that KK was asked directly about Owen to which he replied "Arsenal will not be Owens last game for us".

However, things do change.

Why would Owen move to a club like City (no disrespect) when he can pick and choose his clubs next summer whilst probably getting far more money in the process (e.g. Sol Campbell reported to have picked up £6-7m in signing on fees plus mammoth wages when he joined Arsenal on a Bosman).

I'd be very suprised if he is not. Who offers a player 120k a week and sells him the next day?

As well as that KK was asked directly about Owen to which he replied "Arsenal will not be Owens last game for us".

Unless we made the offer ages ago, and only yesterday found out he has no intention of signing it - so announced the offer to let the fans know it's him who wants to go if he does.

Guest cfhpantera27

Source for the City bid?

Manchester Evening News i think, the guy on ssn said there was no quote but apparently there reliable  :bs:

Guest black n white

Sounds like you're ITK...

dont even know what itk stands for haha

just realised what the f5 button does

Or maybe our offer is just to show fans we "want him to stay" but we know he wants to leave?