Transfer Deadline Day Thread

SUPERTOON

So who thinks we are still going to sign some other players today (not including Xisco or Gonzalez)?

Starting to think not.

Was optimistic a few hours ago, but its died off now, reckon thats it, if so, a very poor summer which could have been so much better.

Still a load of shite on the books that we need to get rid of, sounds daft but i'd be happy if a couple more players had left, even if they were not replaced.

would you be more satisfied if we sold owen today?

More satisfied if Ameobi & Smith were sold without being replaced.

If Owen doesn't sign a new deal, then yes, i'd like to have seen him leave as well, because its twitchy bum time when it get to January and European clubs start to look at pre-contracting Owen.

I'm sure you'd be more satisfied to keep him for a season and let him go for free?

I'd rather keep him and let him go for free next year, yeah. I would hope that we wouldn't require his transfer fee in order to replace him. He's much more valuable to us this season as a player than he is as £8m

£8m fee & £5m wages and at any moment one injury away from another missed season.

Love your thinking.

IF IF IF IF IF

More valuable to us NOW than the money would be.

If you can guarantee a replacement coming in today (who wouldn't get injured for the entire season, and would be a goalscorer in the premiership) I'll agree with you.

Jonas, Xisco, Collocini, Gonzalez, Guthrie, Bassong. The 4 who have already played look good, for me it hasn't been that bad a summer, just lacking in big names (not necessarily a bad thing)

Yes but we've only signed 2 today, the other 4 don't count.

So who thinks we are still going to sign some other players today (not including Xisco or Gonzalez)?

Starting to think not.

Was optimistic a few hours ago, but its died off now, reckon thats it, if so, a very poor summer which could have been so much better.

Still a load of shite on the books that we need to get rid of, sounds daft but i'd be happy if a couple more players had left, even if they were not replaced.

If Owen doesn't sign a new deal, then yes, i'd like to have seen him leave as well, because its twitchy bum time when it get to January and European clubs start to look at pre-contracting Owen.

I'm sure you'd be more satisfied to keep him for a season and let him go for free?

I'd rather keep him and let him go for free next year, yeah. I would hope that we wouldn't require his transfer fee in order to replace him. He's much more valuable to us this season as a player than he is as £8m

£8m fee & £5m wages and at any moment one injury away from another missed season.

Love your thinking.

IF IF IF IF IF

If you can guarantee a replacement coming in today (who wouldn't get injured for the entire season, and would be a goalscorer in the premiership) I'll agree with you.

The bigger IF is IF he doesn't get injured this season, even bigger than that is IF he signs on again.

Guest kingdawson

f***ing f*** MCFUCKSATON.

Heskey is at the spurs lodge.

mackems.gif

My only hope is that he got lost looking for Fulham or West Sham (long shot but one can only hope).

Jonas, Xisco, Collocini, Gonzalez, Guthrie, Bassong. The 4 who have already played look good, for me it hasn't been that bad a summer, just lacking in big names (not necessarily a bad thing)

They count but when you've got a squad as small as ours, we need more, a fuking lot more, or are you happy with the size of our squad? You like things little? ;)

Cannot for the life of me see the logic that move from Spuds' perspective (if true of course)

To be fair I think they are committed to the one lead striker formation, and so are just bringin Heskey in as cover. So it will be Russi dude, Bent and heskey as their options, with Modric, Dos Santos or even Bentley just behind.

Still you really have to wonder where their goals will come from if the russian doesn't quite get it done. They could struggle mightily.

Starting to think not.

Love your thinking.

IF IF IF IF IF

The bigger IF is IF he doesn't get injured this season, even bigger than that is IF he signs on again.

Kinda missing the point then aren't you. IF we sell him now, he can't score the goals for us. IF we don't sell him now, he can.

Again, guarantee a player who will stay injury free and will score as many goals (I see Martins is still injured, perhaps if a bid came in for him we should sell him?)

Starting to think not.

Love your thinking.

IF IF IF IF IF

name a player we can get for 8 million with as good a record in the premiership, tonight, and try not to mention injuries because anyone can get injured.

They count but when you've got a squad as small as ours, we need more, a fuking lot more, or are you happy with the size of our squad? You like things little? ;)

Assuming the Xisco deal is sealed, the size of our squad is acceptable and in line with those of our competitors.

Cannot for the life of me see the logic that move from Spuds' perspective (if true of course)

To be fair I think they are committed to the one lead striker formation, and so are just bringin Heskey in as cover. So it will be Russi dude, Bent and heskey as their options, with Modric, Dos Santos or even Bentley just behind.

Still you really have to wonder where their goals will come from if the russian doesn't quite get it done. They could struggle mightily.

Assuming the Xisco deal is sealed, the size of our squad is acceptable and in line with those of our competitors.

I was hoping for more than a relegation fight.

Yet you still want to sell Owen with little chance of replacing him? Crazy.

Yet you still want to sell Owen with little chance of replacing him? Crazy.

I'd rather sell him now than let him walk away for free. Yes am totally fuking mad.

Tit.

Go read Villa, Everton, Portsmouth, and Tottenham's squad lists.

There really isn't much of a difference depth-wise.

Whats with the Newcastle doom mongers, from the outside looking at your squad its looking impressive and if you continue to build like this your heading up!

How can our squad be impressive we have 2 fullbacks only...midfielders with no creativity...wide men who cant cross a ball or take a corner yes geremi and nzogbia that means you ...and strikers who are always injured or in sholas case about as much use as a dead horse.....the squad is very very thin on the ground