Dimitar Berbatov

Tooj

Absolutely mental this farce today regarding his transfer, absolutely mental. Now this thread isn't another one about the saga itself but more about Berbatov as a player. Despite his well documented attitude problems and his very poor record against the top four teams I think he's top class, although I understand Spurs' record against the top four is quite frankly appalling, although obviously his own individual record certainly should be better for a player of his ability.

With the off the ball movement around him and the level of intelligence playing around him (if he goes to Man Utd) I think he will be an absolutely fantastic signing, especially with Rooney's questionable form and influence on general play, although I feel this will mean Rooney being played out of position more and more. Definitely a signing that can give something extra to a team already full of world-class attacking talent.

Shocking TBH.

If Man U have given him a medical without Spurs authorisation they should be deducted points

There's no way they havent got permission ffs  :lol:

Manchester United have FORCED Berbatov to undergo a GRUELLING medical, having BRUTALLY KIDNAPPED the Bulgarian striking superstar and SNEAKILY HIDDEN him away in a SECRET UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!

SHOCKING!!!

:kasper:

Guest optimistic nit

i think ssn have completely fucked up the coverage of the berbatov transfer. either that or manure are breaking every single rule in the book and should either be heavily fined, docked points or have a period when they are not aloud to bring new players to the club (ala webster ruling). as i dont believe manure would be so obvious about such a thing, ssn must know fuck all.

i'm not sure how the fact that, if what ssn is reporting is true, manure should be in the shit has not been mentioned by ssn, since they surely believe what they are reporting, biased twats.

Manchester United have FORCED Berbatov to undergo a GRUELLING medical, having BRUTALLY KIDNAPPED the Bulgarian striking superstar and SNEAKILY HIDDEN him away in a SECRET UNDERGROUND BUNKER!!!

SHOCKING!!!

You need to get a job for the tabloids, only, you cannot dare criticize 'united' like that, so you'll just have to make up something about some other Northern team, perhaps ones that play in black and white

SHOCKING!!!

You need to get a job for the tabloids, only, you cannot dare criticize 'united' like that, so you'll just have to make up something about some other Northern team, perhaps ones that play in black and white

SHOCKING!!!

Change it to:

Manchester United have LIBERATED Berbatov from the OPPRESSIVE AND DOWN RIGHT DISGRACEFUL Tottenham Hotspurs who had the AUDACITY to reject a bid from our beloved...I mean Manchester United and even worse accept a bid from Manchester City. Man United are HIDING him before waiting for HUMAN RIGHTS representatives to arrive and free him from this SLAVERY.

i think ssn have completely fucked up the coverage of the berbatov transfer. either that or manure are breaking every single rule in the book and should either be heavily fined, docked points or have a period when they are not aloud to bring new players to the club (ala webster ruling). as i dont believe manure would be so obvious about such a thing, ssn must know fuck all.

i'm not sure how the fact that, if what ssn is reporting is true, manure should be in the shit has not been mentioned by ssn, since they surely believe what they are reporting, biased twats.

This. They basically haven't got a clue iyam.

Shocking TBH.

If Man U have given him a medical without Spurs authorisation they should be deducted points

There's no way they havent got permission ffs  :lol:

No way man, they have done this before with Sally Gunnell!

Hopefully United will be docked points if they have done a few things wrong, it would be great  :lol:

Berbatov is overrated, £30 million? hes worth £15 - £20 million. Hes moody, plays average away from home and doesnt contribute to the team as much as you would want for so much money.

Am I crazy, or did Spurs just get completely fucked over?

Man U illegally contact Berbatov to sort out the transfer, Spurs are furious.

They sell their best forward to a (perceived) rival for huge money that they can't even spend for four months. Part of the deal states (according to SSN) that Spurs will not file a complaint about earlier actions.

Then Man U send their promising forward on loan to Spurs, knowing that they'll have to play him because they only have (afaik) two goddamn senior forwards.

Jesus Christ.

Guest quklaani

31 million...bit mental that.

And Im less than pleased that we've thrown yet another talented youngster away for short term gain...although its only a loan, so, I dunno.

Guess Im happy, but Im pretty much obsessed with giving youth a chance, so it hampers it a bit.  I swear to God if we end up selling Jonny Evans after this then we should just give up on our academy.

And Im less than pleased that we've thrown yet another talented youngster away for short term gain...although its only a loan, so, I dunno.

Guess Im happy, but Im pretty much obsessed with giving youth a chance, so it hampers it a bit.  I swear to God if we end up selling Jonny Evans after this then we should just give up on our academy.

To be fair mate, you've got berbatov who is a quality player (albeit at a high price) and your promising young striker has gone on loan for a season at a premiership club. Your pretty much a winner in everything in this deal

They sell their best forward to a (perceived) rival for huge money that they can't even spend for four months. Part of the deal states (according to SSN) that Spurs will not file a complaint about earlier actions.

Then Man U send their promising forward on loan to Spurs, knowing that they'll have to play him because they only have (afaik) two goddamn senior forwards.

Jesus Christ.

And of course Campbell can't play against ManU, but will be able to play against their title rivals.

Guest kingdawson

£30.75 mill is a hell of a lot of money but ffs Tottenham, replacing him with faiser fucking Campbell is taking the piss.

Saw him against Newcastle and thought he was absolute wank, please tell me he's better than that?

Jesus Christ.

And of course Campbell can't play against ManU, but will be able to play against their title rivals.

Didn't even think about that.

And still no DM, right?

God damn, Tottenham.

Guest kingdawson

£30.75 mill is a hell of a lot of money but ffs Tottenham, replacing him with faiser fucking Campbell is taking the piss.

Saw him against Newcastle and thought he was absolute wank, please tell me he's better than that?

Guest quklaani

He's extremely fast, but as they say, "raw" as all hell.  I've big hopes for him (well, had, he wont come back now), but opinion is generally very mixed.  Welbeck is considered the far better prospect, and hes only 17.  Deffinitely got a future in the premier league, but good enough for the top clubs...Im not sure.  Should have been given a chance though, but when even Rossi wasn't given one, what can you expect.

Anyway, something did occur to me.  We finally have a striker who isn't, to be frank, fucking hideous looking.  Not exactly an important consideration I know, but all the same.

http://www.manutdpics.com/image/Dimitar-Berbatov-signs-for-Manchester-United_1217073.jpg

Spurs fans cant be that pissed off surely, I mean sure the failure to get Arshavin is a blow, but you did sign a quality defender.

A defender! Spurs! Not a soft as feck centre mid! Spurs!  And so on.

Guest optimistic nit

i dont know. i saw him against newcastle and thought he was absolute wank. ;)