KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SSN are infuriating. They know nowt, yet claim to know everything.

"Sky sports sources"

"Finger on the pulse"

"Friends of sky sports say"

"What we are hearing"

"News from within the club"

"The information we have recieved"

"Word around the ground"

I can't remember the last time they got anything right, that wasn't already clearly obvious to us anyway.

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Anynegotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

If any of us walked out in dispute, would we still get paid? I wonder if Ashley will dock Keegans wages.

As some on here have already said, this is getting boring now and threatens to totally destroy the clubs season. Fpr the benefit of all concerned with the club from the owner to the tea lady, some compromise should be met by all parties concerned for the benefit of the club.

I bet Hull City are lapping all of this up.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, f*** off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

One man doesn't run a football club but one man should run team affairs including which players he wants playing for him. That man is the most important person at the football club because he determines whether or not we are successful. All other employees of the football club are there to support the manager, and that includes the chairman, director of football, scouts, contract negotiators, coaches, players, boot boy etc.

That is why Keegan should be given exactly what he wants and needs if he is to do his job to the best of his ability. 

Ashley should say to Keegan 'this is how much you have to spend, this is our salary cap, all players purchased must be under the age of 26. Now off you go sunshine, go and bring us some silverware'. End of!

Try telling AC Milan, Barcalona, Real Madrid and Chelsea that. None of them clubs run under the system you have just described, as well as half the clubs on the continent.

If you're all so worried, go and do something else. Sitting on this forum like lemmings and talking about your worries/ideas for a solution, which may be credible but are in effect completely useless, aren't going to benefit you in anyway.

It looks like he'll still be our manager, but there's going to be a nasty taste left in the mouth for some time.

If you're all so worried, go and do something else. Sitting on this forum like lemmings and talking about your worries/ideas for a solution, which may be credible but are in effect completely useless, aren't going to benefit you in anyway.

It looks like he'll still be our manager, but there's going to be a nasty taste left in the mouth for some time.

Totally agree.

International week or not, in my opinion, it is a dereliction of duty for Keegan to miss three days training in a row. He has a respionsibility to the players as he is still the Manager, whether he has disputes or not. Anynegotiations and meetings could be arranged after training has finished and to be totally frank, Keegan is showing his petulant side once again.

If any of us walked out in dispute, would we still get paid? I wonder if Ashley will dock Keegans wages.

As some on here have already said, this is getting boring now and threatens to totally destroy the clubs season. Fpr the benefit of all concerned with the club from the owner to the tea lady, some compromise should be met by all parties concerned for the benefit of the club.

As popular as Keegan appears to be, one man doesnt run a football club and he needs to realise this. If he cannot, f*** off back to his circus in Glasgow and give someone sensible a chance of clearing up this bloody mess we find ourselves in.

One man doesn't run a football club but one man should run team affairs including which players he wants playing for him. That man is the most important person at the football club because he determines whether or not we are successful. All other employees of the football club are there to support the manager, and that includes the chairman, director of football, scouts, contract negotiators, coaches, players, boot boy etc.

That is why Keegan should be given exactly what he wants and needs if he is to do his job to the best of his ability. 

Ashley should say to Keegan 'this is how much you have to spend, this is our salary cap, all players purchased must be under the age of 26. Now off you go sunshine, go and bring us some silverware'. End of!

Try telling AC Milan, Barcalona, Real Madrid and Chelsea that. None of them clubs run under the system you have just described, as well as half the clubs on the continent.

The Chairmen of all of these clubs buy and sell player sbehind their managers' backs. Are you sure about that?

There are no clear facts at the moment on what has caused these problems. Most of the information people are discussing is largely hearsay because neither party through the club statement or the LMA statement have advised anyone exactly what the issues are. We can all guess what they are but exactly who the perpetrators are, is yet to b e released.

Neither do we really know what is exactly the role of Wise, Jimenez, Vetere etc as well as Keegan. There could be faults on both sides as far as we know.

My own opinion relates to the future of the club and the damage this whole episode is doing. I think we can all safely say that the season might already be a write off due to the low moral of all concerned and the amunt of work involved in increasing that moral again.

For example, if reports are to be believed that Michael Owen's transfer was being sharked around clubs on deadline day, I can safely say that you could offer the bloke a million quid a week on his new contract, he would still be off at the end of the season. How much is it going to cost to replace him?  20 million quid plus? I doubt the club have that sort of money to spend on one player

The damage done by this entire episode is going to be irrepairable to a certain extent and it might set us back a few more years.

and possibly all because grown men cannot iron out problems rationally behind closed doors.

Mountains and molehills spring to mind

Try telling AC Milan, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea that. None of them clubs run under the system you have just described, as well as half the clubs on the continent.

The Chairmen of all of these clubs buy and sell player sbehind their managers' backs. Are you sure about that?

Yes. These clubs sometimes buy players because of their name and reputation, not because of their position or value to the team.

Shevchenko to Chelsea (bought for status)

Shevchenko to Milan (bought by the chariman because of his relationship with the club)

It happens all the time, it even happened at Barca whilst Bobby was their. There are paragraphs in his book about it. As well as while he was at Porto.

The difference is that it is not called "behind their back". It's just the system.

BTW, i'm saying it's the best system, i'm saying that it does exist. Old dogs like KK won't like it.

So if the unthinkable happens and KK is gone before the Hull game what do you think would be the best way of showing our disaproval:

a) Boycotting the game complete

b) Trying to get a full house and showing our disaproval once inside

c) Still actually going to the game but no one actually going inside the ground to watch.

I personally think that c) would be the strongest show of just how upset we would be. Imagine thousands outside the ground during the game, that really would put accross a strong statement to the board, the media and the rest of the country!

So if the unthinkable happens and KK is gone before the Hull game what do you think would be the best way of showing our disaproval:

a) Boycotting the game complete

b) Trying to get a full house and showing our disaproval once inside

c) Still actually going to the game but no one actually going inside the ground to watch.

I personally think that c) would be the strongest show of just how upset we would be. Imagine thousands outside the ground during the game, that really would put accross a strong statement to the board, the media and the rest of the country!

If Keegan does go and a new manager is in place for Hull then I'll be there, in the ground giving him my full support.

Newcastle as a club must have the worst communication system in the whole football community.

Can we just get some info, from anyone?

I had a couple of pints at lunch, not sure how this afternoon is going to work out.

Newcastle as a club must have the worst communication system in the whole football community.

I had a couple of pints at lunch, not sure how this afternoon is going to work out.

Does that mean you are NUFC's Chief Communications Officer ?

Does that mean you are NUFC's Chief Communications Officer ?

If I had been drinking pints of aftershave, yes

I might just set myself up as [email protected] and email SSN and mail them saying Keegan has demanded Terry Mac as Chairman and see if they yellow ticker it, honestly wouldn't be surprised.

There's only one way that this can be resolved in a positive way and that is for Ashley to give Keegan what he wants. The players want him here, the fans want him here and he wants to be here. No manager worth his salt will come and work with the set up as it is, now that the problems have been publicly highlighted.

Dennis Wise is hated and not wanted at the club, the same goes for Jimenez and possibly Lambias as well. The only man we are all 100% decided that we want here is Kevin Keegan.

Yeah i know mate , i don't think anyone really knows whats going on. I was just stating thats whats being said by some corners of the press. NUFC.com reporting that, something to do with compensation apparently. Personally i think if it was down to that it would have been sorted by now and there would be no need for 2 days of talks.

Yeah i know mate , i don't think anyone really knows whats going on. I was just stating thats whats being said by some corners of the press. NUFC.com reporting that, something to do with compensation apparently. Personally i think if it was down to that it would have been sorted by now and there would be no need for 2 days of talks.

Agreed.