KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They've got another thing coming when Keegan will air his side of the story, especially if it strategically timed at a couple of hours before next Saturday's match.. Doubt if Keegan will stoop to the same levels as this bunch though..

Sorry, but if you think Keegan hasn't been having his say for months, then you're seriously deluded!!

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

Who'd have thought naive old KK would have totally gotten the better of cynical hard-nosed businessman Mike Ashley in the manipulation stakes, f***ing hell man he's had us all fooled, the blokes a PR genius!! A media manipulator par excellence.

I have no idea what you're trying to imply here

That doesn't surprise me.

I'm not implying anything I'm saying that Keegan, or someone on his behalf or with his interests at heart, has been talking to the media for months planting stories showing things from his point of view. That's not an implication its a direct accusation. I was one of the people who had been saying it was bollocks and the press were just making things up and s***-stirring because they didn't know what was going on, but seeing as it's now obvious that they knew exactly what was going on - or at least one side of it anyway - I've had to reassess my view, I was wrong.

People have been talking about Keegan having signed a confidentiality agreement, but I'd expect that's a totally pointless exercise as his view will undoubtedly turn up in the papers anyhow.

Well, maybe the fact that you were "one of the people who had been saying it was bollocks and the press were just making things up" should tell you aren't a very good judge of characters. A few people on here had been sceptical about Ashley and his middle management long before any of this came to light. Maybe some people in the press are also better judges of characters than you. You were wrong before in judging this whole affair by your own admission, so what makes you so convinced you've got it all figured out now..?

Guest black n white

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

bevan was in on these talks apparently him keegan vs lameass wise veterre and another

Keegan might not be able to state his side of the story but I'm sure I heard Bevan of the LMA having his say a couple of days ago. Something about conductors of orchestras. Where did he get that from?

bevan was in on these talks apparently him keegan vs lameass wise veterre and another

Was he representing Keegan?

Guest Howaythetoon

What's the fuss about? Keegan himself acknowledged at the time of Wise's appointment that he had agreed to a DOF structure at the time when he joined. This isn't news.

As with Owen and the story about them asking him to take a pay cut, they are simply correcting a false impression that's developed in the media.

This whole dispute is all about how much money the Board was prepared to spend on players. That's why Keegan walked out the first time. That's why he got into a dispute at Man City. That's why he's walked out this time.

Yet KK has never been about big money, KK likes to take a gamble and buy unknowns just as much as he likes to sign big stars. Most those he signed for Newcastle were journeymen, unknowns and gambles. Shearer was a superstar, Sir Les was the finished article, the rest were mainly a mixed bunch. Same at City.

I genuinly believe the sale of Milner has played a bigger part in this than transfer budget, players coming in and this DOF thing.

And I'll tell you why.

KK says publicly Milner is not for sale, that the chairman doesn't even want that (he must have heard this from somewhere given how cagey he has been all summer about talking for others), he raves about him and then he gets sold from underneath him, how must that make him feel? Like a complete cunt. It undermines him in the eyes of the media, the press, his bosses, his players and the fans. I believe KK was reassured Milner would not be sold and when he did get sold, that's when he started to kick-off, that's when he started to question other things and other areas of the club.

And please people, don't say because we got 12m and Milner wasn't that good that KK is wrong on Milner, his trust and confidence was taking for granted. He stuck up for the player in public and made big noises about him. Selling him says to the team that their boss, their manager, isn't really in control and that to a manager is very bad and can cause huge problems. KK will ahve experienced dressing rooms that have gotten wind of a manager becoming less and less in control and will know fully what that usually brings about, anarchy.

Sir Bobby experienced the same, Woodgate sold behind his back, players being sought after without him even knowing, remember his comments on Rooney? He didn't even know we made a bid. I imagine KK didn't know we'd accepted a bid for Milner until it was done and dusted.

"People can make too much of little things. Dennis' job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world. His task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there, producing a new cycle of players, some of whom we want to see break into the first team in a few years." - Mike Ashley, August 23.

Guest elbee909

What I want to know is,

what does Frank Gilmour of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association think about all this?

Yeah, and where's Steve Wraith when you need him most?

What's the fuss about? Keegan himself acknowledged at the time of Wise's appointment that he had agreed to a DOF structure at the time when he joined. This isn't news.

As with Owen and the story about them asking him to take a pay cut, they are simply correcting a false impression that's developed in the media.

This whole dispute is all about how much money the Board was prepared to spend on players. That's why Keegan walked out the first time. That's why he got into a dispute at Man City. That's why he's walked out this time.

Yet KK has never been about big money, KK likes to take a gamble and buy unknowns just as much as he likes to sign big stars. Most those he signed for Newcastle were journeymen, unknowns and gambles. Shearer was a superstar, Sir Les was the finished article, the rest were mainly a mixed bunch. Same at City.

I genuinly believe the sale of Milner has played a bigger part in this than transfer budget, players coming in and this DOF thing.

And I'll tell you why.

KK says publicly Milner is not for sale, that the chairman doesn't even want that (he must have heard this from somewhere given how cagey he has been all summer about talking for others), he raves about him and then he gets sold from underneath him, how must that make him feel? Like a complete cunt. It undermines him in the eyes of the media, the press, his bosses, his players and the fans. I believe KK was reassured Milner would not be sold and when he did get sold, that's when he started to kick-off, that's when he started to question other things and other areas of the club.

And please people, don't say because we got 12m and Milner wasn't that good that KK is wrong on Milner, his trust and confidence was taking for granted. He stuck up for the player in public and made big noises about him. Selling him says to the team that their boss, their manager, isn't really in control and that to a manager is very bad and can cause huge problems. KK will ahve experienced dressing rooms that have gotten wind of a manager becoming less and less in control and will know fully what that usually brings about, anarchy.

Sir Bobby experienced the same, Woodgate sold behind his back, players being sought after without him even knowing, remember his comments on Rooney? He didn't even know we made a bid. I imagine KK didn't know we'd accepted a bid for Milner until it was done and dusted.

more and more the parallels between the end of Robson's reign and this debacle became clearer. remember the 'robson wouldve got us relegated' shite from dougie hall? this is the new bunch's equivalent.

the sad thing is, it seemed shepherd had finally learnt from his errors by appointing allardyce who was going to take full control of the club from top to bottom.

the new lot are still at the bottom of a very steep learning curve.

Guest black n white

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Now that I do agree with. We can do without more of this utter farce - the club still carries on and we need to starting salvaging whatever's possible of this season ASAP.

some people will NEVER forget and i am one

"People can make too much of little things. Dennis' job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world. His task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there, producing a new cycle of players, some of whom we want to see break into the first team in a few years." - Mike Ashley, August 23.

Mr. Wise obviously got himself a promotion. :rolleyes:

But there is a saying - never complain, never explain.

1. With no final say on transfers.

2. The deal offered to Owen is supposedly a cut at basic level with various conditions.

3. Keegan has made several remarks since Jan which suggested he knew there was a very realistic budget - are you saying he suddenly wanted 100m on deadline day or maybe he just wanted the Milner money.

1. No manager has the 'final' say on transfers. They have to convince whoever is handling the financial side of things.

2. I can't believe that if they were cutting his basic salary, they'd have said they were offering him a better deal. That just leaves them wide open. The 'cut in salary' comes from the media.

3. I don't particularly believe the £100 million story or the Lampard / Beckham / Henry bit. But that hasn't come from the Board. I do believe that Keegan wanted to spend more than the Board were prepared to, though. His success in the past was built on persuading the old Board to spend big, and he put a lot of pressure on Man City to do the same. He's an acquirer, not a developer of players, and he's not noted for his patience.

Guest elbee909

how did you come to that conclusion?

What conclusion?

Well we were just being taken in by Keegan

Just to quote from above:

"People can make too much of little things. Dennis' job is to go out and look at young talent all around the world. His task is to help bring new players to our attention and to oversee the Academy and the staff there, producing a new cycle of players, some of whom we want to see break into the first team in a few years." - Mike Ashley, August 23

Yeah, what truthmongery _that_ is.

Nowhere in the statement did it say, "Keegan reports to Dennis Wise".

The best thing the club can do is get someone else in as that will go along way to putting this mistake behind us.

Now that I do agree with. We can do without more of this utter farce - the club still carries on and we need to starting salvaging whatever's possible of this season ASAP.

I'm not saying forget about it. I'm saying there is a game a week today.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will :D

Sorry Indi, just extremely pissed off.

I'll calm myself down.

No worries, it's nothing personal, just football. ;)

JUST FOOTBALL, JUST YOU SAY! Life and death matters man.

;)

Cheers  :thup:

me too, i cant just let go of this and carry on like tomorrow is just another day, it will take years for this dust cloud to settle.

Guest elbee909

I will :D

Sorry Indi, just extremely pissed off.

I'll calm myself down.

No worries, it's nothing personal, just football. ;)

JUST FOOTBALL, JUST YOU SAY! Life and death matters man.

;)

Cheers  :thup:

Maybe we should just all go and support Gateshead or something.m  Or revive Newcastle East End/West End.  Lot cheaper than buying this poisoned chalice of a club.

Guest black n white

Was he representing Keegan?

yip and he will by the lma in the tribunal which willprobably never happen, settle out of court then the confidential shit kicks in

Maybe Jimenez was the DOF? Don't get me wrong, I hate Wise as much as the next person, but since Jiminez is titled as 'Vice President (Player Recruitment)' I think it's probably him who is this so-called Director of Football (even though the club has never used that term until now, strange).