KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

as i pointed out yesterday if keegan thought he had a chance of constructive dismissal he wouldn't have signed a confidentiality clause.

does anyone know for sure he has ?

A confidentiality clause will not prevent him from claiming constructive dismissal.

well why sign it ?

the rumour was he'd signed in order not to have to pay up his side of the contract (rumoured 2mill)

I agree with just about everything Indi has said in this thread recently and see no reason to add anything else to what he has said.

One of the few impartial people on here keeping everything in check and not deciding for themselves what has happened.

So you don't think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

Where did I say that?

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

That's bull Indi, and goes against the rumours that it was Wise doing the leaking for one. Unless of course you can prove KK was doing the leaking rather than suggesting it to suit your own views of this whole mess which is trying to put it on KK's toes from how I'm reading it.

aren't you doing exactly the same from the keegan side.

bearing in mind most of the leaks showed the board in a bad light.

Whether or not Keegan knew about the set-up is irrelevant, the fact is that the public have been deliberately misled.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

Keegan is sticking by his original story.

well did he say he had the final say........then he didn't...which was it ?

he says he was happy to work with wise and jiminez...now it doesn't look like he was ?

wise wasnt giving KK the respect he deserves, and boasting about it, KK is too big for that man.

Seems the other way around to me. Wise and whoever got Keegan some cracking players this summer, and he wasn't happy about it.

Guest black n white

As I've said all along, Keegan was happy to accept it to get his feet under the table.

I'm starting to think you're actually Dennis Wise. :lol:

ditto

Unless of course you can prove KK was doing the leaking rather than suggesting it to suit your own views of this whole mess which is trying to put it on KK's toes from how I'm reading it.

:undecided:

The Times source is none other than Dennis Wise, guaranteed.

:lol:

Where do you think the media have been getting all their inside info from!?!

That's bull Indi, and goes against the rumours that it was Wise doing the leaking for one. Unless of course you can prove KK was doing the leaking rather than suggesting it to suit your own views of this whole mess which is trying to put it on KK's toes from how I'm reading it.

As .com pointed out, is it a coincidence that a lot of leaks appeared in the EVening Standard?

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They have no right to air their views when they know KK can't respond.

It's a sly move, like making accusations about a dead man. They know they've won this.

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

Newcastle: We've just sold James Milner for 12m pounds, think you're spending any of it? Not a chance, muhahahaha

thechnically it was spent on xisco and others i suppose. i wonder if schweinsteiger will be asked his thoughts ?

Technically we spent nothing at all this summer, after spending nothing at all in January. Do you think that is what Keegan signed up to and made him come back?

we did spend. we spent the milner money,the emre money and the rozenhal money.....it's a shame we couldn't the ameobi and smith money.

I agree with just about everything Indi has said in this thread recently and see no reason to add anything else to what he has said.

One of the few impartial people on here keeping everything in check and not deciding for themselves what has happened.

So you don't think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

Where did I say that?

I'm not saying you said that.

Answer the question: Do you think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

I think it does. Therefore they are lying cunts. Ergo I completely disregard any claims that Keegan was complicit in this sorry state of affairs.

Guest Howaythetoon

What the statement and Times article proves is they didn't trust KK and it begs the question why appoint the man or indeed a manager at all. Its all starting to fit now. KK was appointed so fans would buy season tickets for 3 years, to appease fans while the club began to penny pinch.

As far as I'm concerned, KK saw through them and took them to task and being the cowards they are, instead of sacking him, they let him resign knowing he would do that because he wouldn't stand for their shit any longer. And now they are trying to discredit a man who saved this club from going into the 3rd division, who when he first took over paid Terry Mac's wages and didn't take any out of the club himself until we were safe and financially secure, a man who has done nothing but great for this club.

The fucking bastards what they are. Fuck them.

Whether or not Keegan knew about the set-up is irrelevant, the fact is that the public have been deliberately misled.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

he says he was happy to work with wise and jiminez...now it doesn't look like he was ?

wise wasnt giving KK the respect he deserves, and boasting about it, KK is too big for that man.

Seems the other way around to me. Wise and whoever got Keegan some cracking players this summer, and he wasn't happy about it.

Which cracking players?

Guest elbee909

No manager has ever been allowed a bundle of blank cheques and a completely free hand.

Dennis, Derek, Mike - whoever you are or whichever one of those you're shagging - you're talking shite if you think that statement has any relevance here.

NUFC have every right to air their views, looks like keegan's as much to blame

They have no right to air their views when they know KK can't respond.

It's a sly move, like making accusations about a dead man. They know they've won this.

They've won nowt. All they have done is antagonised the already furious fans further.

I can't see how they can come back from this with any dignity at all.

maybe they'll get rid of Dennis Wise once they realise his 'residual value' is nowt.

think Wullie said it best, Keegan's wish list consisted of Ronaldinho, Lampard, Henry and Guthrie. Oh and Dunne and Woodgate too, but their residual value is nothing and as we all know, that's what counts, fuck this on the pitch ability bullshit.

Newcastle: there was no getting through to Kevin Keegan

Newcastle: We've just sold James Milner for 12m pounds, think you're spending any of it? Not a chance, muhahahaha

thechnically it was spent on xisco and others i suppose. i wonder if schweinsteiger will be asked his thoughts ?

Technically we spent nothing at all this summer, after spending nothing at all in January. Do you think that is what Keegan signed up to and made him come back?

we did spend. we spent the milner money,the emre money and the rozenhal money.....it's a shame we couldn't the ameobi and smith money.

And the other 30+million dissapeared into thin air i suppose.

Exactly.

by keegan and the board

Which cracking players?

Umm, Coloccini? Guthrie? Gutierrez? Bassong?

Guest elbee909

I think they're poisoning the water, probably in lieu of selling up - can only hope.  This level of mismanagement is staggering, even for us.

Has it been confirmed that KK actually had a confidentiality clause in his contract should he leave?

Where did I say that?

I'm not saying you said that.

Answer the question: Do you think their statement completely contradicts what they claimed previously?

It looks like it, did Indi say it didn't? If so I disagree with him and take back my "just about everything" comment. Although nowhere does it specifically say he didn't have a final say. It might not have been in his duties to go looking for potential signings but that doesn't mean he didn't have a final say. To be honest I don't think Keegan is a liar so I'm really not sure what the deal is.

Guest afternoonfix

I see Keegan as the coward tonight,he knew the deal from the start it appears ,

now he has left this huge mess behind.