KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Statement in respect of further comments from Newcastle United F.C.

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

Richard Bevan, LMA chief executive, said:

Kevin Keegans chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegans appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.

Kevin Keegan said:

At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.

The following quotes are reproduced from published articles:

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle Uniteds executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

For further information please contact:

Richard Bevan, LMA Chief Executive, 07860 474 767

It doesn't really matter what they've said in interviews, it's what is in his contract that he's signed that will matter in court which is where this is likely to go.

So they really are slimy b*stards

And when KK saw these quote, he couldn't have turned around then and said, "Hang on, that's not in my contract.", and walked then?

So surely Keegan knew what the score was for quite a while then. If he felt that strongly against it, couldn't he have walked away from it earlier?

Of course he could have walked earlier, maybe he thought things might change for the better.

Sounds like the Milner sale and the fact that a replacement wasn't bought tipped him over the edge.

So surely Keegan knew what the score was for quite a while then. If he felt that strongly against it, couldn't he have walked away from it earlier?

Of course he could have walked earlier, maybe he thought things might change for the better.

Well seeing as he last until Sept 2nd, he surely should have known it would be 3-4 months before they "interferred" again, and he could have just got on with managing the team.

A bucket load of 'FACT... ' banners please...

Utter, utter shambles, get the f*ck out the club. 

Nice big banner to unveil in the Galowgate next week:

"Ashley and Wise are lairs ...FACT!"

With Ashley in charge, NUFC are... FACT

Well seeing as he last until Sept 2nd, he surely should have known it would be 3-4 months before they "interferred" again, and he could have just got on with managing the team.

And if we're 15th at Christmas, who gets the blame for that with the fans and with the papers?

Guest Howaythetoon

I bet some posters don't quite know what to do now. They've both released official statements, s***, who do you believe?!?

Tough choice.

The man who has done more for this club than anyone alive or some sportswear shop owner and a former Wimbledon player.

Decisions decisions.

Guest elbee909

I bet some posters don't quite know what to do now. They've both released official statements, shit, who do you believe?!?

Well, who has the most to gain from lying, at this stage?

And if we're 15th at Christmas, who gets the blame for that with the fans and with the papers?

While if we're top 8 which is just as likely, who gets all the praise?

Guest Geordiesned

I think the club have shown themselves to be liars without the need for anyone to point it out by releasing a statement that completely contradicts what as individuals they've told the press and the official club magazine.

To be fair to the LMA, the smear campaign is national, how many people outside of the supporters would pick up on the lies?

Fair point.

Guest LucaAltieri

I bet some posters don't quite know what to do now. They've both released official statements, shit, who do you believe?!?

Cognitive dissidence is a bitch, like.

The directors of Newcastle United Football Club have late this evening issued a statement. The League Managers Association and Kevin Keegan made the following response.

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

In an interview that appears in the September edition of the official Newcastle United magazine Mike Ashley said: "If the deal is right - and that means the right player who Kevin wants - then we will do that deal. Kevin himself is very particular about who he wants. To use his words, they have to have the right heart for Newcastle. That is massively important for him. If they don't then he's not interested."

It doesn't really matter what they've said in interviews, it's what is in his contract that he's signed that will matter in court which is where this is likely to go.

It doesn't really matter what it says in the contract or what will happen in court, it's what will happen when they get hounded out of Newcastle at the very first sighting which is where this is likely to go.

Guest elbee909

So's cognitive dissonance. :)

I'm not sure knowing that it would probably happen again would help.

I bet some posters don't quite know what to do now. They've both released official statements, s***, who do you believe?!?

Tough choice.

The man who has done more for this club than anyone alive or some sportswear shop owner and a former Wimbledon player.

Decisions decisions.

:lol:

Mr Wise in February: "He has the final word. No-one else."

Club Statement: "(Keegan) agreed to report to a Director of Football"

Would have thought they'd get their stories matching.

“Kevin Keegan’s chief complaint, amongst others, is that it was always agreed that the director of football could not impose a player that the manager did not want. This agreement has been broken and, notwithstanding the fact that the chairman at the time of Kevin Keegan’s appointment, the director of football and the owner of Newcastle United, have confirmed previously in public meetings and publications, that he would always have the final say.”

Kevin Keegan said:

“At the time at which I joined Newcastle United Football Club it was made very clear to me that I would have the final say on player movement in and out of the club.”

In the Evening Chronicle (Newcastle) on 1st February this year, Newcastle United’s executive director of football, Dennis Wise, said: “I am here to help Kevin as much as possible with bringing young players through and also recommending certain players to him. He will say yes or no. He has the final word. No-one else. I am not going to do things like bring players in behind his back. I am not into that. Everything that happens will be run past him and he will say yes or no.”

ashley and wise can't really argue with their own words.

And neither can Keegan:

Apparently this is what Dennis Wise said himself about his role, back in February - interesting....;

Wise explains role at Newcastle

Newcastle executive director Dennis Wise has insisted that manager Kevin Keegan has the "final word" on all football matters at the club.

Wise left his role as Leeds boss earlier this week to take up his position with the Premier League club.

"I'm here to help Kevin, bringing young players through and also recommend certain players to him," said Wise.

"He'll say yes and no, he has the final word, no-one else. Everything that happens will be run past him."

"A lot of people have got mixed up with the reason why I am here. I'm not here to be involved in the first team, I'm not here to manage.

"I have to concentrate more on the academy, we need some young blood coming through of our own. We need to look abroad for players and that's my intention over the next few years."

Keegan has insisted that the appointment of Wise was made with his blessing and that he believes the new structure will be successful.

He said: "I am all for the changes and I approve of them. They want someone on the board who understands football, and Dennis understands football very well.

"It will work very well. Dennis reports to me - the chain is established.

"The club has become slightly fragmented. From my point of view, it's a positive thing - provided I get all the help I need.

"I know what Dennis is going to do, and the idea in principle is good - to look for new players, to bring youngsters through and do things which our academy isn't doing so much at the moment."

Keegan also revealed he was involved in the appointment after speaking to owner Mike Ashley before he returned as manager.

"I knew about it. It's not a surprise to me, it might be to other people," Keegan told BBC Radio 5 live.

"Two or three names were given to me when I first sat down and talked about the job with the owner. One of them was Dennis.

"I know Dennis. I know he's intelligent. I know his job here is to help me. He's on my side.

"How can any manager be against someone who is going to come to the club to try to bring in talent?

"It's right for this football club. A lot of people outside might be shocked about it. I think in the long term it's the right decision. It's something that needs to be done."

Both sides are doing a great job of hanging themselves out to dry here, it's a fucking embarrassment!!

Like I've been saying all along (and certain people have chosen to ignore, unbelievable! I'm looking in your direction), everyone's at fault here, they're all just as bad as each other, it's really really shocking just how pathetic this whole situation is, the club is totally tearing itself apart in front of our very eyes. People need to stop, right now and calm the fuck down otherwise there will be no club when this is all over. Nobody is thinking about the club, they're all just thinking about themselves and in doing so they're trampling NUFC into the dirt!! It's got to stop.

We, the fans should have the interests of the club at heart, yet many of us are getting so sucked into the whole KK thing that we're going totally against those interests. All this talk of protests and boycoutts is playing into the hands of those who don't give a shit about NUFC, but do give a shit about making money from the turmoil it finds itself in, people are being manipulated by all sides, it's just that one side is doing a much better job of it than the other. Why can't people see that!?!

Come on people snap the fuck out of it and regain your sense of reality, be angry with who you want to be angry with, blame who you want to blame, but don't participate in the destruction of our club.

For fuck's sake!!!

Guest LucaAltieri

So's cognitive dissonance. :)

picky.

Guest Geordiesned

A bucket load of 'FACT... ' banners please...

Utter, utter shambles, get the f*ck out the club. 

Nice big banner to unveil in the Galowgate next week:

"Ashley and Wise are lairs ...FACT!"

With Ashley in charge, NUFC are... FACT

Just got that. :lol:

I'm not sure knowing that it would probably happen again would help.

At which point, if we're doing crap, he would have the power to say, "Look, let me deal with transfers, what you've given me isn't good enough"....while if we're doing well, he might have turned around and thought, "Well yeah, ok, maybe I can rely on them to get me good players in".