KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh aye I cannot disagree that Colo, Jonas and even Bassong are good signings even Keegan admits they are quality players.

I know Keegan said about no manager should have a player they do not want pushed onto them, but I think he only means Nacho not Xisco.

Just got this sent at work.  I'll hold my hands up and say it didn't come with a source so could be a load of bollocks but it does seem believable.  Don't shoot the messenger as they say...

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he had actually sanctioned the selling of Milner, £12m good business.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez not backing the signing. Keegan was fuming but was told there were still targets in sights for the end of the window.

Keegan went to Arsenal not happy.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. But no.

Instead was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Keegan was asked if he had backup purchases should any of these players be sold.

Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise had a rant and basically said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said "well I'm sacked then" and stormed off to first his family home in teesside (!) then to a family friends pad in Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for a day (hence why NUFC didn't make a statement until 7pm) until he saw their statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llambias went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc. for Keegan leaving.

In other words, Keegan was told that if he wanted to bring in the players he wanted, others would have to be shifted from the wage bill. Keegan refused to co-operate.

Guest Sniffer

Aye but what about still trying to sell Owen to Spurs at 10pm on deadline day and not buying a LB when everyone could see we are desperate for a LB.

If that's true it was obviously a bad move, can't argue with that.

However, I completely disagree with us being desperate for a LB, we have Zog and Bassong as adequate cover for now. We really needed a strong, mobile forward who could keep himself fit - I hope Xisco will turn out to be that.

N'zogbia is a liability at LB. I thought Bassong was a central defender and no LB. Enrique might be out for a while with a hamstring by the looks of the way he came off. 

Guest Darth Toon

And if he tried to veto Xisco and get a left back instead then he was wrong on that as well, most probably.

I think his problem with Xisco was most likely that the first he heard of him was when he had already arrived.

People keep saying KK couldn't work with this "new system" but it seems to me Wise and his cronies have been deliberately undermining him all along. Can't think of any reason why the cockney dwarf would do such a thing.....oh, apart from maybe the fact his big mate Gus seems nicely set to hit the fucking jackpot as a result.....

Jiminez didnt want Schweinsteiger what!:?

Schweinsteiger actually coming here is actually the least believable turd in that steaming manure pile.

Someone in Germany told me this was being talked about last week.

I've never heard about Schweinsteiger comming to us or leaving Bayern and I also live in Germany, quite near to Munich.

Schweinsteiger actually coming here is actually the least believable turd in that steaming manure pile.

Someone in Germany told me this was being talked about last week.

I've never heard about Schweinsteiger comming to us or leaving Bayern and I also live in Germany, quite near to Munich.

I heard it from someone in Hamburg, but you'd expect to have heard it in Bavaria if it was happening.

aye, he was a key player under Klinsmann when he was German coach so I can`t imagine him wanting to sell him now that he`s Bayern Munich coach

aye, he was a key player under Klinsmann when he was German coach so I can`t imagine him wanting to sell him now that he`s Bayern Munich coach

yea true... but Klinsmann doesn't buy or sell any player! He is only a couch (like it is the case at almost every other Bundesliga Club)

Uli Hoeneß does the transfers

Guest optimistic nit

Just got this sent at work.  I'll hold my hands up and say it didn't come with a source so could be a load of bollocks but it does seem believable.  Don't shoot the messenger as they say...

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he had actually sanctioned the selling of Milner, £12m good business.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez not backing the signing. Keegan was fuming but was told there were still targets in sights for the end of the window.

Keegan went to Arsenal not happy.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. But no.

Instead was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Keegan was asked if he had backup purchases should any of these players be sold.

Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise had a rant and basically said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said "well I'm sacked then" and stormed off to first his family home in teesside (!) then to a family friends pad in Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for a day (hence why NUFC didn't make a statement until 7pm) until he saw their statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llambias went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc. for Keegan leaving.

In other words, Keegan was told that if he wanted to bring in the players he wanted, others would have to be shifted from the wage bill. Keegan refused to co-operate.

that sounds totally made up, and i'm sure it is.

yea true... but Klinsmann doesn't buy or sell any player! He is only a couch (like it is the case at almost every other Bundesliga Club)

What a great idea ! Wonder if it would ever work at Newcastle  ;D

P.S. Like your double S

P.S. Like your double S

hey, what do you mean with "double S" this ß?  ;D

P.S. Like your double S

Yeah. if people don't know about umlauts and things they'll be saying "who the hell is Uli Hoeneb".  prost  :drink:

P.S. Like your double S

Yeah. if people don't know about umlauts and things they'll be saying "who the hell is Uli Hoeneb".  prost  :drink:

lol, poor people  ;D but in future I'll write ss instead of ß so everyone will understand it.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rumour time

KK resigned to devalue NUFC in order to take over the club himself, backed by rich arabs/sultans/sheiks who want KK to build a dream team all the way to success

KK will be asked to become manager again by the next owners which could happen within the next 2 weeks

Mike Ashley will be back in England soon to talk to KK personally, to bring him back

Just a few things I've heard today :D

One thing is certain I think this saga has some more twists and turns to come yet.