KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is that right the club set up a meeting after keegan walked out to see what they could change about the club to get him back?

Didn't even bother turning up.

Doesnt appear to be a FACT so I would say no

KK had been invited to another meeting (Thursday?) but I believe this invite was in the letter he received telling him that the club's position wouldn't change but they'd still like to talk to him & that Ashley was still on the lash in New York. KK declined to attend and resigned.

"There was an ongoing dialogue between Keegan and the board to see if they could thrash out a system whereby he could continue working there - he failed to attend the meeting.

"They were in negotiations and he walked away from those negotiations. Keegan was in a position where he could go and see if he could reach a situation where he and Wise, or he and any director of football could work together and he failed to attend one of the meetings."

"There was an ongoing dialogue between Keegan and the board to see if they could thrash out a system whereby he could continue working there - he failed to attend the meeting.

"They were in negotiations and he walked away from those negotiations. Keegan was in a position where he could go and see if he could reach a situation where he and Wise, or he and any director of football could work together and he failed to attend one of the meetings."

Steve Curry is a fat lump of lard who likes the sound of his own sqweeky voice. He redefines the word "Pompous arsehole" If Keegan was already "in negotiatons" why would he want to meet them face to face when he knew they weren't going to change their DOF policy? When it came out that the Board had actively tried to offload Barton, Smith and Owen they effectively cut off their nose to spite their face. They totally underestimated Keegan and thought they had him where they wanted him - a glorified coach and figurehead. You don't stick the knife in before you make sure of every possible ramification. Bloody amateurish nitwits the lot of them by the sounds of it.

They sent him a letter. As David Davies said the other night KK needs to feel wanted if Ashley had of got on the phone & dealt with it more like SJH did rather than treat it as standard HR issue we may not once again be seeing the words "Turmoil" & "Tyneside" as a pairing.

Steve Curry is a fat lump of lard who likes the sound of his own sqweeky voice. He redefines the word "Pompous arsehole" If Keegan was already "in negotiatons" why would he want to meet them face to face when he knew they weren't going to change their DOF policy? When it came out that the Board had actively tried to offload Barton, Smith and Owen they effectively cut off their nose to spite their face. They totally underestimated Keegan and thought they had him where they wanted him - a glorified coach and figurehead. You don't stick the knife in before you make sure of every possible ramification. Bloody amateurish nitwits the lot of them by the sounds of it.

That's a bit OTT.  :lol:

They sent him a letter. As David Davies said the other night KK needs to feel wanted if Ashley had of got on the phone & dealt with it more like SJH did rather than treat it as standard HR issue we may not once again be seeing the words "Turmoil" & "Tyneside" as a pairing.

Indeed, I think its to be expected there will still be some people around defending these actions by the owner and his cahoots. Simple fact is that a letter just isn't good enough, it seems fairly obvious by now that it came down to Keegan or someone else, most probably Wise, possibly Wise and somebody else. And Ashley chose Wise and/or the other guy. Keegan realised that he was not going to be afforded the right to choose his own staff and scouts, and run the club as a manager should run it, and left.

Can't blame Keegan for leaving at all. They clearly want a yes man, to run their "professional business" which can't even see the importance of the owner of the club tearing himself away from a holiday in such a crisis.

if Modric was not on keegan's list why was he apparently so upset over it?

sounds like keegan had a decent list of targets, the likes of Modric, Guthrie, Dunne, Warnock, and was also pushing for a 'wow' signing like Lampard or Henry. and i must say, if it's true that either of them were keen to come here the board needs shooting for not pushing the deal through as either of those would be fantastic players to have here. I also remember he was keen on Deco, but the 'source' kindly refrains from mentioning his name, perhaps because he was superb value at £8m and is going to be such an obvious success and it would undermine their stance.

also seems like keegan was prepared to comprimise on targets whereas wise and co were not. for instance keegan listened to what scouts like Vetere said, went out and watched players like Gomis personally and made a judgement. in that case he felt Gomis (and Gomez?) weren't of the required standard, looks like he was right. and he's also agreed to check out others and bring them in. yet the board failed to go out and land anyone other than Guthrie who was an easy target as he was so cheap and had no other option but Bolton. even targets Keegan and Vetere seemed to have consensus on, the likes of Turan or Moutinho, who we'd both reported to have enquired about, were not followed up by Wise and Jiminez. probably because they asked for the going rate and our club is too stingy to spend a penny. this is where the problems seem to arise, and on the final days of the window, when he is hoping the club is doing what it can to bring the players he wants in, he finds out they've ignored what he wants, are bringing in players theyve never even discussed with Keegan, had the working relationship detoriate (to the point where they tell keegan to look on youtube - what a fucking cheek) and put the whole squad up for sale.

IMO as good a precis of events as any in this thread.

Guest northwestmag1892

Who has claimed 'Keegan had zero idea of the structure he was a part of'? ???

Ok, here's a selection of quotes, of which some are somewhat ambiguous I admit, but I think it's far from clear that everyone has always known that Keegan knew about Wise and the director of football position before taking the job.

We'll never know the whole story, but I wonder how much Keegan knows about Ashley's "vision" when he decided to take up the managerial post. Did Keegan know Wise would be brought in as director of football, or that he'll have little (if any) say in what players come in/out of the club? I doubt so, else I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have take up the post.

Keegan has technically become a facilitator rather than a manager, and how is he going to get the most out of players when his authority over them is undermined?

Walking out now is an emotional repsonse. We know Keegan's like that, and as someone mentioned, we like him because of his passion. But if I were him, I'd react the same if I feel my trust has been betrayed. In fact, the same thing happened to me in my work many years back, and it still hurts now.

It's not the best timing, might not even be the best option, but when you lose your trust in your employers, there isn't any point in staying around anymore.

I may be losing it, but picture this:

I wonder if this was all done on purpose by a fan of Spurs. "Avin a larf" with his mates Llambias et al in a Larndan boozer one night decides it would be a right larf to buy NUFC and then destroy it along with hurting it's fans by destroying a legendary manager in the process.

How would you do that?

1) Buy NUFC

2) Sack unpopular manager and recruit KK

3) Undermine KK by appointing a Director of Football in the form of an odious little runt, totally unqualified to do the role

4) Promise major new signings

5) Go back on promises

6) Sell players that are key to KK

7) Engage in discussions with KK

8) Leak a report to Sky that KK had told friends that had been sacked

9) Engage in more discussions with KK

10) Stand your ground and insist that Wise stays

11) Get your Chairman to write a letter to KK outlining that you're not prepared to meet any of his demands

KK left with no option to resign.

You couldn't make it up...

It's all very well talking about what flaws Keegan has but the fact of the matter is that he was brought to the club under false pretenses and was well within his rights to resign. The man has been used by this current board and that cannot be ignored and I for one don't want c***s like that in charge of the club.

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the s***, for that he can go and f*** himself in future.

Wasn't the structure put in place after KK was appointed & KK knew nowt about it until Wise was taken on? KK had a discussion with Ashley prior to taking on the job; I doubt very much it went along the lines of "You'll be manager and you'll be given players by a Mr Wise".

I'm stunned that any fan can cut Ashley any slack on what has happened. The timing of KK leaving is a disaster & I'm bitterly upset that KK has left. Yes, we are left in the lurch but I'm not sure that KK could have stayed if Ashley wasn't prepared to budge on critical issues. The statement from the club is meaningless.

A serious question; do you believe that Ashley has the best interests of the club at heart, is here for the long term, understands the fans and will be prepared to put money into the transfer market? This is the man who not so long ago lost over 100 million spread betting on HBOS. He was willing to gamble Millions on the spreads but not invest in players we clearly needed..............

I've never trusted him as he's done nothing to deserve trust and loyalty. I hope he's only here until he can make his profit as it galls me every moment he is the owner of our club.

i bet they didnt tell KK in january, the director of football, would be a person of low esteem, and respect, who would come in and lay the the law down to him,  and show him no respect.

Fair enough IF Keegan was aware from the very start that he'd be working under a DOF, but for the club to go and hire Dennis c***ing Wise for the job is ridiculous. Who in their right mind would think that masterstroke wouldn't get the manager's back up?

A DOF is generally an experienced, knowledgeable football man with a lot of influencial contacts in the game, not a man younger than the manager himself with a few years experience of lower league football management.

A statement designed to appease us that's only served to fan the flames even more. Incompetent fuckwits!

Now it is possible that I could have misread every single one of those comments, but I do think that some people were under the impression that Keegan knew nothing about Wise or the position he was going to hold (whatever you want to call it).

Anyway, I don't know why I've allowed myself to be sidetracked with this argument from the actual point of what I've been saying all along, which is that this is not black and white, there are no absolutes, both sides are in the wrong. I was only trying to use this to point out that people are being biased and intransigent in their viewpoints, something certain people seem to find it hard to admit. I've stupidly allowed those people to distract me from what I wanted to say by getting into a pointless and petty argument about a tiny little bit of what I was saying.

There are good arguments on both sides that are interesting to discuss, but many people are totally unwilling to give an inch, I've stupidly allowed myself to become one of those people and I'm going to stop now. So I'm no longer going to try and defend myself on this, people can make their own minds up about it, what they think is up to them. It's not important in the overall context of things and it's not essential to the argument I was trying to make, which I still believe to be correct.

That Northwestmag1892 fella seems to have a conspiracy theory going.

Ok, here's a selection of quotes, of which some are somewhat ambiguous I admit, but I think it's far from clear that everyone has always known that Keegan knew about Wise and the director of football position before taking the job.

We'll never know the whole story, but I wonder how much Keegan knows about Ashley's "vision" when he decided to take up the managerial post. Did Keegan know Wise would be brought in as director of football, or that he'll have little (if any) say in what players come in/out of the club? I doubt so, else I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have take up the post.

Keegan has technically become a facilitator rather than a manager, and how is he going to get the most out of players when his authority over them is undermined?

Walking out now is an emotional repsonse. We know Keegan's like that, and as someone mentioned, we like him because of his passion. But if I were him, I'd react the same if I feel my trust has been betrayed. In fact, the same thing happened to me in my work many years back, and it still hurts now.

It's not the best timing, might not even be the best option, but when you lose your trust in your employers, there isn't any point in staying around anymore.

I wonder if this was all done on purpose by a fan of Spurs. "Avin a larf" with his mates Llambias et al in a Larndan boozer one night decides it would be a right larf to buy NUFC and then destroy it along with hurting it's fans by destroying a legendary manager in the process.

How would you do that?

1) Buy NUFC

3) Undermine KK by appointing a Director of Football in the form of an odious little runt, totally unqualified to do the role

5) Go back on promises

11) Get your Chairman to write a letter to KK outlining that you're not prepared to meet any of his demands

It's all very well talking about what flaws Keegan has but the fact of the matter is that he was brought to the club under false pretenses and was well within his rights to resign. The man has been used by this current board and that cannot be ignored and I for one don't want c***s like that in charge of the club.

I don't really give a toss about Wenger or Ferguson, the fact is Keegan was happy to take the job knowing the structure was in place just so he could get his feet under the table, now he's kicking off and issuing him or me ultimatums, he won't be doing that again in a hurry.

Yet again he's walked out on the club again and left us in the s***, for that he can go and f*** himself in future.

Wasn't the structure put in place after KK was appointed & KK knew nowt about it until Wise was taken on? KK had a discussion with Ashley prior to taking on the job; I doubt very much it went along the lines of "You'll be manager and you'll be given players by a Mr Wise".

I'm stunned that any fan can cut Ashley any slack on what has happened. The timing of KK leaving is a disaster & I'm bitterly upset that KK has left. Yes, we are left in the lurch but I'm not sure that KK could have stayed if Ashley wasn't prepared to budge on critical issues. The statement from the club is meaningless.

A serious question; do you believe that Ashley has the best interests of the club at heart, is here for the long term, understands the fans and will be prepared to put money into the transfer market? This is the man who not so long ago lost over 100 million spread betting on HBOS. He was willing to gamble Millions on the spreads but not invest in players we clearly needed..............

I've never trusted him as he's done nothing to deserve trust and loyalty. I hope he's only here until he can make his profit as it galls me every moment he is the owner of our club.

i bet they didnt tell KK in january, the director of football, would be a person of low esteem, and respect, who would come in and lay the the law down to him,  and show him no respect.

Fair enough IF Keegan was aware from the very start that he'd be working under a DOF, but for the club to go and hire Dennis c***ing Wise for the job is ridiculous. Who in their right mind would think that masterstroke wouldn't get the manager's back up?

A DOF is generally an experienced, knowledgeable football man with a lot of influencial contacts in the game, not a man younger than the manager himself with a few years experience of lower league football management.

A statement designed to appease us that's only served to fan the flames even more. Incompetent fuckwits!

Now it is possible that I could have misread every single one of those comments, but I do think that some people were under the impression that Keegan knew nothing about Wise or the position he was going to hold (whatever you want to call it).

Anyway, I don't know why I've allowed myself to be sidetracked with this argument from the actual point of what I've been saying all along, which is that this is not black and white, there are no absolutes, both sides are in the wrong. I was only trying to use this to point out that people are being biased and intransigent in their viewpoints, something certain people seem to find it hard to admit. I've stupidly allowed those people to distract me from what I wanted to say by getting into a pointless and petty argument about a tiny little bit of what I was saying.

There are good arguments on both sides that are interesting to discuss, but many people are totally unwilling to give an inch, I've stupidly allowed myself to become one of those people and I'm going to stop now. So I'm no longer going to try and defend myself on this, people can make their own minds up about it, what they think is up to them. It's not important in the overall context of things and it's not essential to the argument I was trying to make, which I still believe to be correct.

:lol:

Something is bugging me....

Where did this "whole squad put up for sale" thing come from? I think this could be one of the most important aspects of this whole affair as it could be a pointer as to how the board view the overall situation. From what I can gather from various postings in here and sources Keegan was told originally who was coming in and who was being made available to go out - Milner, Barton and eventually Owen. Keegan then went light and said "Are you kidding?!" Was he then told that "actually, the whole squad is up for sale" then walk out? Or - and this is my main point - had he already walked and the board then decided to put every member of the squad up for sale? No wonder moral is said to be low amongst the players if they heard about this.

Like most in here I sat watching the rumours of Owen to Spurs, Barton to Portsmouth and Smith to Everton on deadline day.

Guest northwestmag1892

How would you do that?

1) Buy NUFC

5) Go back on promises

:lol:

Far fetched I know but almost believable given the past 5 days debarcle.

Where did this "whole squad put up for sale" thing come from? I think this could be one of the most important aspects of this whole affair as it could be a pointer as to how the board view the overall situation. From what I can gather from various postings in here and sources Keegan was told originally who was coming in and who was being made available to go out - Milner, Barton and eventually Owen. Keegan then went light and said "Are you kidding?!" Was he then told that "actually, the whole squad is up for sale" then walk out? Or - and this is my main point - had he already walked and the board then decided to put every member of the squad up for sale? No wonder moral is said to be low amongst the players if they heard about this.

Like most in here I sat watching the rumours of Owen to Spurs, Barton to Portsmouth and Smith to Everton on deadline day.

It's more than likely a manipulation of the "every player has his price" comment, which apart from being a fact of life - look at Berbatov for an example of it in practice - Keegan agreed to.

An Alan Oliver exclusive iirc.

Anyone else watching Braveheart (C4) and thinking it somewhat reflects the current state of affairs at NUFC?

William Wallace = Kevin Keegan - passionate, a true leader, motivational, real enthusiasm, wants whats best for his people.

Scottish nobles = Newcastle Directors. Heartless, backstabbing, ruthless but successful folk only interested in lining their own pockets.

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to shit advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

Counting down the days till a mounted Keegan storms a London penthouse and kills Wise in his bed with a flail.

Anyone else watching Braveheart (C4) and thinking it somewhat reflects the current state of affairs at NUFC?

William Wallace = Kevin Keegan - passionate, a true leader, motivational, real enthusiasm, wants whats best for his people.

Scottish nobles = Newcastle Directors. Heartless, backstabbing, ruthless but successful folk only interested in lining their own pockets.

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to s*** advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

Counting down the days till a mounted Keegan storms a London penthouse and kills Wise in his bed with a flail.

And people think  drugs are not as good as they used to be.

Guest ruel fox

here's what i heard, apologies if its old news...

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he had actually sanctioned the selling of Milner, £12m good business.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez not backing the signing. Keegan was fuming but was told there were still targets in sights for the end of the window.

Keegan went to Arsenal not happy.

Monday morning Wise, Jiminez and Keegan meet again. Keegan was waiting for them to say such and such is signing. But no.

Instead was a list of most of the key players of the squad with price tags next to them. Apparently Shay Given had a 10 million price tag and also Owen was on the list. Keegan was asked if he had backup purchases should any of these players be sold.

Not only that Xisco et al were on the signing on list, Keegan said he didn't want any of them.

Keegan was furious and went mental. Wise had a rant and basically said well its either you put up with what we are doing or you're "sacked". Keegan said "well I'm sacked then" and stormed off to first his family home in teesside (!) then to a family friends pad in Manchester.

Keegan didn't have any contact with Newcastle for a day (hence why NUFC didn't make a statement until 7pm) until he saw their statement, he then went to the LMA and told his side of the story.

Yesterday Derek Llambias went down to try and bring Keegan back but it failed and they instead sorted out compensation etc. for Keegan leaving.

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to shit advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

I haven't seen it, does William Wallace throw his toys out of the pram and storm off leaving his people behind in the end?

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he had actually sanctioned the selling of Milner, £12m good business.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez not backing the signing. Keegan was fuming but was told there were still targets in sights for the end of the window.

This Jiminez is looking more shambolic by the post, all the fucker has to do is agree fee's & make players sign. Rewind a few years ago & the chief exec (Freddie Fletcher) used to sort the contracts out as well as running the club. That did go missing when Freddie Shep deiced to hire agents to do this rather than himself.

I hope the Jiminez has invested a stack in the collapsing Spanish property market.

This Jiminez is looking more shambolic by the post, all the fucker has to do is agree fee's & make players sign. Rewind a few years ago & the chief exec (Freddie Fletcher) used to sort the contracts out as well as running the club. That did go missing when Freddie Shep deiced to hire agents to do this rather than himself.

I hope the Jiminez has invested a stack in the collapsing Spanish property market.

Fuck me. If you believe that you'll believe anything.

I don't think anybody knows and everybody is making it up as they go along. I very much doubt anyone knows what went on apart from the people involved.