KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else watching Braveheart (C4) and thinking it somewhat reflects the current state of affairs at NUFC?

William Wallace = Kevin Keegan - passionate, a true leader, motivational, real enthusiasm, wants whats best for his people.

Scottish nobles = Newcastle Directors. Heartless, backstabbing, ruthless but successful folk only interested in lining their own pockets.

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to s*** advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

Counting down the days till a mounted Keegan storms a London penthouse and kills Wise in his bed with a flail.

I haven't seen it, does William Wallace throw his toys out of the pram and storm off leaving his people behind in the end?

No, he gets hung drawn & quartered in public but even though he didn't get the people what they wanted he remains a hero to his own.  While the nobles may have outlasted Wallace & were wealthyrulers the people never respected or liked them.

here's what i heard, apologies if its old news...

Last Friday Wise came to Keegan with Bastien Schweinstiger apparently signing, Keegan was happy with that, as he had actually sanctioned the selling of Milner, £12m good business.

Then apparently Wise came back saying that he hadn't actually signed him, it had fallen through due Jiminez not backing the signing. Keegan was fuming but was told there were still targets in sights for the end of the window.

This Jiminez is looking more shambolic by the post, all the fucker has to do is agree fee's & make players sign. Rewind a few years ago & the chief exec (Freddie Fletcher) used to sort the contracts out as well as running the club. That did go missing when Freddie Shep deiced to hire agents to do this rather than himself.

I hope the Jiminez has invested a stack in the collapsing Spanish property market.

f*** me. If you believe that you'll believe anything.

I don't think anybody knows and everybody is making it up as they go along. I very much doubt anyone knows what went on apart from the people involved.

Well as no one knows, I will pass comment on the rumors that are posted. If I want FACT I will read the moronic but FACT packed  statement put out by the club. 

Anyone else watching Braveheart (C4) and thinking it somewhat reflects the current state of affairs at NUFC?

William Wallace = Kevin Keegan - passionate, a true leader, motivational, real enthusiasm, wants whats best for his people.

Scottish nobles = Newcastle Directors. Heartless, backstabbing, ruthless but successful folk only interested in lining their own pockets.

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to shit advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

Counting down the days till a mounted Keegan storms a London penthouse and kills Wise in his bed with a flail.

I haven't seen it, does William Wallace throw his toys out of the pram and storm off leaving his people behind in the end?

have you answered what I asked you the last time you spouted this bollocks ?

Do you think Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger for instance would stand for other people choosing the buys and sales ?

fact is, your precious DOF bollocks is at the root of all this. The club just want a yes man. I told you ages ago that no manager worth their salt would work under such conditions.

As for hoying toys out of the pram.........  irony personfied ......... mackems.gif

Robert the Bruce = Mike Ashley? Needs to wake up and stop listening to shit advice from his cronies, and will unfortunately only do so once Wallace/King Kev has gone?

Do you think Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger for instance would stand for other people choosing the buys and sales ?

fact is, your precious DOF bollocks is at the root of all this. The club just want a yes man. I told you ages ago that no manager worth their salt would work under such conditions.

As for hoying toys out of the pram.........  irony personfied ......... mackems.gif

As I said to you then, if Keegan didn't like it then why except the job? I doubt Ferguson or Wenger would work like it which would be why they wouldn't accept the job.

Btw you didn't answer my question the other day - Are you glad Wise went out and bought a striker or would you prefer to stick with the strikers we've got?

Not sure why I'm even replying, one quick look at the time will tell us you're pissed looking for a cyber fight.

As I said to you then, if Keegan didn't like it then why except the job? I doubt Ferguson or Wenger would work like it which would be why they wouldn't accept the job.

Btw you didn't answer my question the other day - Are you glad Wise went out and bought a striker or would you prefer to stick with the strikers we've got?

Not sure why I'm even replying, one quick look at the time will tell us you're pissed looking for a cyber fight.

haha, no I'm not pissed, and when I go to the pub I don't take my internet phone with me .......

Anyway, I'm not glad Wise bought a striker, what a stupid question, he shouldn't have bought anybody. He should be accountable to the manager, and also the managers choice for the role. Not that the manager would have chosen him to be his glorifed scout, recent events sort of show this to be true.

You should keep up with the threads before jumping in. Even the biggest idiot by now has grasped the fact that Keegan has been misled and/or the goalposts moved, by this "professional board".  Or possibly they haven't grasped it yet, it seems a few haven't.

haha, no I'm not pissed, and when I go to the pub I don't take my internet phone with me .......

Anyway, I'm not glad Wise bought a striker, what a stupid question, he shouldn't have bought anybody. He should be accountable to the manager, and also the managers choice for the role. Not that the manager would have chosen him to be his glorifed scout, recent events sort of show this to be true.

You should keep up with the threads before jumping in. Even the biggest idiot by now has grasped the fact that Keegan has been misled and/or the goalposts moved, by this "professional board".  Or possibly they haven't grasped it yet, it seems a few haven't.

But didn't you say the club have to get a striker in and if they don't then they've failed? Even though i pointed out to you that he might not want one?

If they hadn't got one in meaning Keegan had stayed you would have been moaning over that.

Keegan didn't take the job knowing that he was reporting to Wise, Baggio, you must have seen the quotes which have been highlighted regarding this.

But didn't you say the club have to get a striker in and if they don't then they've failed? Even though i pointed out to you that he might not want one?

If they hadn't got one in meaning Keegan had stayed you would have been moaning over that.

a striker the manager wanted, Baggio.

A striker the manager wanted. You do realise he's gone in protest about something I take it ?

Do you really think he didn;t want a striker ?

We all know Keegan, he has been toeing the party line, and saying the diplomatic thing. Thats all he's been doing.

Keegan didn't take the job knowing that he was reporting to Wise, Baggio, you must have seen the quotes which have been highlighted regarding this.

But he knew the system was in place, even if he wasn't reporting to Wise he would be reporting to Mort.

Seems to me people are just looking for excuses for keegan walking out on the club for a second time, even turning down an offer of coming to a compromise.

A striker the manager wanted. You do realise he's gone in protest about something I take it ?

We all know Keegan, he has been toeing the party line, and saying the diplomatic thing. Thats all he's been doing.

That must have been Smith then, seeing as he refused to sell him.

That's funny because I remember a press conference near the end of the window where he said he wanted a defender and a midfielder as his priorities.

Unless he was still doing his yes man routine.

That must have been Smith then, seeing as he refused to sell him.

I'm sure Smith will prove us all wrong when he gets a run up top, isn't that right NE5?

But he knew the system was in place, even if he wasn't reporting to Wise he would be reporting to Mort.

Seems to me people are just looking for excuses for keegan walking out on the club for a second time, even turning down an offer of coming to a compromise.

You say that as if he was offered everything he wanted yet still walked away.

Nothing the club has done since he left gives me confidence that the offer of a compromise would have been agreeable to both parties.

I know its a pisser that he appears to have walked away without a second glance  at us fans (I still cant believe he isnt our manager any more) but I prefer to believe that he tried as hard as he could to work with it. We cant be so arrogant to think he should stay to be belittled and underminded just because we love him so much.

I'm surprised that you can't see a difference from reporting to the Chairman of the football club and reporting to somebody who is less qualified than Keegan.  I've never tried to defend Keegan until last night, until last night I was giving him a lot of the blame.  What has changed is that now I know that we've all been lied to and I now know that the job Keegan was given has changed in the last 3 months.

actually keegan said he wanted one defender, one midfielder and one forward before the window closed. and then said he mentioned 3 positions, not three players, so you can assume he wanted more than 3.

He said "and maybe a forward" which suggests he didn't see it as a priority position.

actually keegan said he wanted one defender, one midfielder and one forward before the window closed. and then said he mentioned 3 positions, not three players, so you can assume he wanted more than 3.

He said "and maybe a forward" which suggests he didn't see it as a priority position.

i think that is more in reference to what will happen rather than what he wants. probably cos he had no clue what this super transfer team were up to. im sure being forced to play with no strikers for a game reinforced this. more to the point, had keegan been given control earlier in the window i doubt it wouldve been an issue that late in the day. i heard he wanted Henry, or maybe that bit of gossip isnt relevent for this particular smear. he also went to personally scout Gomis which suggests he was in the market for a forward earlier in the window.

but no no, i'm sorry, continue thinking it was all hinging on smith, as we know he was the 1st name on the teamsheet for keegan.

i think that is more in reference to what will happen rather than what he wants. probably cos he had no clue what this super transfer team were up to.

but no no, continue thinking it was all hinging on smith, as we know he was the 1st name on the teamsheet for keegan.

If he didn't have a clue because the super transfer team didn't tell him then how did he come to the conclusion that would happen?

Also, if he didn't have a clue what was going on then surely telling people in a press conference what he wants (a striker for example) would help get his message across to them.

Whoever wrote, and whoever authorised the release of that club statement in the OP should be fired immediately. What an arrogant fuckwit. I don't give a fuck what disagreement anyone in the club had with Kev, he's done far more for the club than any of the turkeys in charge at the moment, and it's an outrage they would release a statement like that. Learn some respect ffs.

i think that is more in reference to what will happen rather than what he wants. probably cos he had no clue what this super transfer team were up to.

but no no, continue thinking it was all hinging on smith, as we know he was the 1st name on the teamsheet for keegan.

If he didn't have a clue because the super transfer team didn't tell him then how did he come to the conclusion that would happen?

Also, if he didn't have a clue what was going on then surely telling people in a press conference what he wants (a striker for example) would help get his message across to them.

isn't it called taking a guess? roeder said we'd see '3 by friday' or something like that, that never happened either.

for the second point, maybe that's what he was trying to achieve.

Is it even a legit survey or has it been created by a mackem? The consecutive "Are Sunderland now a better managed club than Newcastle?" and "Are Newcastle a laughing stock?" questions seemed a bit fishy...

Edit: Well it is actually linked from the Journal website, but seems a bit amateurish...

I'm surprised that you can't see a difference from reporting to the Chairman of the football club and reporting to somebody who is less qualified than Keegan.  I've never tried to defend Keegan until last night, until last night I was giving him a lot of the blame.  What has changed is that now I know that we've all been lied to and I now know that the job Keegan was given has changed in the last 3 months.

Yes, that's exactly it Mick - I have ALWAYS been aware that KK has a potentially short fuse and one day could walk again, but in this case it is perfectly clear that the job he was given HAS changed in the past few months, and this is directly Ashley's responsibility because HE brought in the set-up with Wise, Jiminez , Vetere and Llambias...because Ashley has taken a back seat, THEY have assumed more & more power for themselves and eventually KK has, RIGHTLY, had enough.

I don't blame him for the situation in this case - a manager must stand or fall by his own decisions and none of us would have blamed the Board if they had fired him AFTER giving him a free rein(within reasonable budget)on transfers, and THEN it all went pear-shaped.

Ashley has messed-up BIG-TIME, as he has been prone to do over the past few months - he and the Board should go, and a takeover is the only way this can be resolved to most fans' satisfaction ; even if they get over the current crisis, a bad taste will remain in many people's mouths and a fair number will never go back.

I am personally disgusted that after all the relative progress of the past 15 years the club has once again shot itself in the foot and let down the fans..I would not blame anyone for saying they had had enough.

Yes, that's exactly it Mick - I have ALWAYS been aware that KK has a potentially short fuse and one day could walk again, but in this case it is perfectly clear that the job he was given HAS changed in the past few months, and this is directly Ashley's responsibility because HE brought in the set-up with Wise, Jiminez , Vetere and Llambias...because Ashley has taken a back seat, THEY have assumed more & more power for themselves and eventually KK has, RIGHTLY, had enough.

I don't blame him for the situation in this case - a manager must stand or fall by his own decisions and none of us would have blamed the Board if they had fired him AFTER giving him a free rein(within reasonable budget)on transfers, and THEN it all went pear-shaped.

Ashley has messed-up BIG-TIME, as he has been prone to do over the past few months - he and the Board should go, and a takeover is the only way this can be resolved to most fans' satisfaction ; even if they get over the current crisis, a bad taste will remain in many people's mouths and a fair number will never go back.

I am personally disgusted that after all the relative progress of the past 15 years the club has once again shot itself in the foot and let down the fans..I would not blame anyone for saying they had had enough.

you both echo my feelings on this - the situation changed obviously very significantly

from keegans side we know what the change was, it's obvious, but the real question is why did the club change from giving him final say to taking everything out of his hands?

breakdowns in relationships are always 2 sided and i think a lot of people are forgetting that - one thing that strikes home with me is that the club are telling anyone who'll listen about KK's targets being unrealistic...personally i see this as the crux of the whole matter and the reason for the breakdown, as patently neither side was willing to give