Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Micktoon

I'd be up for yet another takeover but a multi-billionaire coming in and splashing 100s of millions wouldn't sit easy with me like if I'm being honest. God, is it too much to ask for a well run club that has a good manager and a decent team heading in the right direction? That's all I fucking want and all I've ever wanted. Give me that and I'll be happy.

I concur

I'd be up for yet another takeover but a multi-billionaire coming in and splashing 100s of millions wouldn't sit easy with me like if I'm being honest. God, is it too much to ask for a well run club that has a good manager and a decent team heading in the right direction? That's all I f***ing want and all I've ever wanted. Give me that and I'll be happy.

I concur

But due to the big four and Man City, Spurs to a lesser extent, then that's just not on the cards these days really, is it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be up for yet another takeover but a multi-billionaire coming in and splashing 100s of millions wouldn't sit easy with me like if I'm being honest. God, is it too much to ask for a well run club that has a good manager and a decent team heading in the right direction? That's all I f***ing want and all I've ever wanted. Give me that and I'll be happy.

I concur

But due to the big four and Man City, Spurs to a lesser extent, then that's just not on the cards these days really, is it.

What, a reasonably run club with a good manager and team making steady progress? It is more than realistic enough... although not while these idiots are running things.

I concur

What, a reasonably run club with a good manager and team making steady progress? It is more than realistic enough... although not while these idiots are running things.

If you just gave Ashley & Co a chance - they'd be able to turn this club into the Spurs of the North before you knew it.

Guest Geordiesned
Crisis on Tyneside: Indian billionaire eyes up Newcastle

World's sixth-richest man renews interest in beleaguered club forcing bookmakers to cut odds on yet another comeback for Keegan

By Steve Tongue

Sunday, 7 September 2008

An Indian-based group owned by the sixth-richest man in the world is being tipped to show renewed interest in buying Newcastle United following Kevin Keegan's resignation and a plunge in popularity for the existing board. Anil Ambani of the Reliance petroleum, textiles and communications group was reportedly involved in talks this summer but found the asking price of £250m excessive.

That is the sum that the current owner Mike Ashley claims to have put into the club, having discovered after he took over that there was £100m of debt. Not that Ambani could notafford it: the 49-year-old is said to be worth more than £20bn. He has also been linked in the past with Leeds United and Everton, where his son was spotted at a pre-season friendly match last month. There is even speculation that he would be keen to restore Keegan as manager, prompting bookmakers to drop their price on an astonishing return that would also have to involve dismantling the current structure under which he was overruled on transfer deals.

With Alan Shearer also ruling himself out, Newcastle will find it difficult, if not impossible, to find a new manager popular with supporters. Shearer has criticised the system of a three-man executive group over the manager's head, saying, "I don't think I would be comfortable working within a structure with a director of football who was picking and choosing the players for me.

"I would like to be a manager at some stage in my career, but that means controlling the players that go in and the players that go out." Shearer feels the new man must be appointed quickly, saying, "I know the fans are very unhappy at the moment. They have voiced their opinions and they are more than entitled to do that because without the fans there is no Newcastle United.

"They are angry, hurt, and disappointed and everyone feels for them, me included, because we all want the same thing – success at Newcastle United – because we are all supporters.

"It's going to be a big task for them because the fans are very angry. There are going to be a million names thrown around and they are going to have to make a decision quickly, before the next game."

James Milner, whose £12m departure to Aston Villa justbefore the transfer deadline was pushed through against Keegan's wishes, has every sympathy for his former manager. "He was a fantastic manager to work with even though it was a short space of time," Milner said. "I have enjoyed working with him very much, he was fantastic. I can't say a bad word about him. I wish him all the best for the future and obviously Newcastle as well. It will be a tough time up there. Hopefully they can get it sorted and help the club move forward. Obviously things were going on off the field and it's a tough time. I enjoyed every minute at Newcastle, it is a fantastic club to play for. I wish them all the best."

Milner, who has played a record 38 times for the England Under-21 side without making the step up to the senior squad, added that after seven years with Newcastle and Leeds, he has never started and finished a season with the same manager.

"A bit of stability would be nice and hopefully I can get that now," he said. He also feels for the Newcastle supporters: "I can understand their frustration. They want to know what's going on at their football club."

The League Managers Association has criticised Newcastle for suggesting that they may sue Keegan for walking out on them. Richard Bevan, the LMA's chief executive, said yesterday: "I'd like to see Newcastle saying that they need to correct their business model, improve lines of communication and ensure the next manager lasts longer than eight months. I've seen a lot of comment about directors of football, but I feel this case and Alan Curbishley's at West Ham have got far more to do with good business structure and organisation."

He does not feel that having a sporting director is necessarily a problem: "We have managers who are very happy with having a director of football, but you have to follow a couple of ways of proceeding: the manager should be involved in the hiring of him and shouldn't be reporting directly to him."

Optimistically, however, Bevan does not believe that last week's events and a probable increase in the number of foreign owners will lead to a widespread cull of managers this winter. "In the 90s the average tenure for a manager was 3.8 years," he said. "It's now down to 1.5 years and I don't think it can get much lower."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crisis-on-tyneside-indian-billionaire-eyes-up-newcastle-921625.html

Would Ambani be any different to Ashley? If so, how? And what guarantees would we have? It just looks like frying pan to fire, from where I'm stood anyway.

Can't be any worse can it? He's much richer and wouldn't be hated by practically every single fan, infact he'd be a hero for getting that tard out of our club.

Would Ambani be any different to Ashley? If so, how? And what guarantees would we have? It just looks like frying pan to fire, from where I'm stood anyway.

Can't be any worse can it? He's much richer and wouldn't be hated by practically every single fan, infact he'd be a hero for getting that tard out of our club.

Deja Vu ?

Deja Vu ?

I think the hate is a lot stronger towards Ashley than it was Shepherd now, also the guy's the 6th richest in the world, nothing to lose IMO.

Deja Vu ?

I think the hate is a lot stronger towards Ashley than it was Shepherd now, also the guy's the 6th richest in the world, nothing to lose IMO.

I agree because its happened so quickly. Shepherd's tenure was up and down but at least he had a lot of highlights.

This fuck up has happened so quickly i think a lot of people would be happy to see it brought to an end sooner ratehr than later

Difference with Shep and Hall was they hired so many shit managers that when they did kick them out, yes everyone was fucked off with another shambles but also glad they didn't have to watch Graeme Souness football anymore.

Only exception was SBR but most people did feel (after Wolves) that his time should probably come to an end there amicably, but the manner and the timing with which it was done was very poor.

This, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game. Everyone was on a high after the first few weeks and to have it just ripped away out of the blue is very very hard to take.

Deja Vu ?

Could also be the 6th biggest bastard in the world for all we know, though. Could make Ashley look like a saint.

Deja Vu ?

Could also be the 6th biggest bastard in the world for all we know, though. Could make Ashley look like a saint.

Hypothetically, beggars can't be choosers.

Perhaps another couple of factors in the feeling towards Ashley being so strong so quick, in contrast to Shepherd, are 1) Ashley, unlike Shepherd, has a reputation for being competent - Oliver Hardy references don't stick so well - and 2) there was always hope of Shepherd being taken away by some glorious takeover, if we just weathered the storm... we got it... now people don't feel it was so glorious after all.

Perhaps another couple of factors in the feeling towards Ashley being so strong so quick, in contrast to Shepherd, are 1) Ashley, unlike Shepherd, has a reputation for being competent - Oliver Hardy references don't stick so well - and 2) there was always hope of Shepherd being taken away by some glorious takeover, if we just weathered the storm... we got it... now people don't feel it was so glorious after all.

i also remember the forum voted on how they felt about Shepherd, and the overwhelming vote was for "Ambitious but flawed"

not sure you could ever argue that Ashley has shown ambition based on his time here, so that's unambitious and flawed for him.

i also remember the forum voted on how they felt about Shepherd, and the overwhelming vote was for "Ambitious but flawed"

not sure you could ever argue that Ashley has shown ambition based on his time here, so that's unambitious and flawed for him.

Based on the tangibles, I'd have to agree. Even if this Keegan stuff hadn't taken place to any great extent, there would've been a spike in the disquiet about what was taking place as I think a lot of people, including myself, had given the new regime up until the end of this window before they would start to draw conclusions on how things were going. There have been a fair few words and rumours around about what was to come, and whilst they were often nice to hear and you'd have hoped to believe in them, indisputable actions were what they had to ultimately be judged upon. The three windows, prior to any of this Keegan business, had to be considered disappointing and concerning, in my eyes.

Include all the Keegan stuff and... well, we are where we are.

Guest Heneage

Deja Vu ?

True as much we disliked Shepherd, he invested heavily.

"Hypothetically, beggars can't be choosers."

"True as much we disliked Shepherd, he invested heavily."

"What, a reasonably run club with a good manager and team making steady progress? It is more than realistic enough... although not while these idiots are running things."

"Can't be any worse can it? He's much richer and wouldn't be hated by practically every single fan, infact he'd be a hero for getting that tard out of our club."

take some time to read these quotes from posters on here (only this page), really read them...it's staggering, one thng has changed in a week, albeit a big one, but there's nothing to say ashley won't choose a manager with the same propensity for attractive football, in fact his short history suggests he will as it was him who appointed KK in the first place

why are we now beggars?  why do we now laud FS's investment where before it was being slated?  why is the club no longer well run and progressing?  and yes, it could be a lot worse...

dry your fucking eyes lads, seriously, we're NUFC unless you'd forgotten - the cryings only for sky cameras

Guest optimistic nit

Deja Vu ?

True as much we disliked Shepherd, he invested heavily.

but shepheard fucked us up a lot more.