Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone have a link to direct quotes?

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani says he has pulled out of a deal trying to buy Newcastle United.

A spokesman for his Reliance Group said this afternoon: “We are no longer interested in buying Newcastle because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/indian-pulls-out-of-toon-bid-72703-21806757/

Oh fuckin' hell.

*Sigh*

What's next for us, eh?

ACTUALLY - THIS IS  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C   NEWS!

On the assumption that the story is true (big assumption, I know) that means that they have been trying to buy us . .  so all the stories in the press about comments attributed to them saying "we were NEVER interested in buying Newcastle United or any Premier League club" were obviously untrue.

They ARE after us !!!!!

Saying publicly that "they are no longer interested in buying Newcastle United because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club” is simply part of the tactics . .  to get things moving!

They WANT US folks . . . they do!!

Is it a good thing? . . . I'll say so!!

IT IS GONNA HAPPEN PEOPLE . . .

Meant to put these on !!!  . . .  :dance: :dance: :dance:

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani says he has pulled out of a deal trying to buy Newcastle United.

A spokesman for his Reliance Group said this afternoon: We are no longer interested in buying Newcastle because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/indian-pulls-out-of-toon-bid-72703-21806757/

Oh fuckin' hell.

*Sigh*

What's next for us, eh?

ACTUALLY - THIS IS  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C   NEWS!

On the assumption that the story is true (big assumption, I know) that means that they have been trying to buy us . .  so all the stories in the press about comments attributed to them saying "we were NEVER interested in buying Newcastle United or any Premier League club" were obviously untrue.

They ARE after us !!!!!

Saying publicly that "they are no longer interested in buying Newcastle United because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club is simply part of the tactics . .  to get things moving!

I really want to share you're optimism ManorPark and understand the reasoning but I still can't see it happening.

A spokesman for his Reliance Group said this afternoon: “We are no longer interested in buying Newcastle because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club.”

Oh fuckin' hell.

*Sigh*

What's next for us, eh?

ACTUALLY - THIS IS  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C   NEWS!

They ARE after us !!!!!

Saying publicly that "they are no longer interested in buying Newcastle United because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club” is simply part of the tactics . .  to get things moving!

I really want to share you're optimism ManorPark and understand the reasoning but I still can't see it happening.

BELIEVE it  :jonas:

If they're haggling now over the price of the club, I don't think they'll be much different to Ashley when it comes to doing deals for transfer targets. Not exactly the Abu Dhabi type approach is it?

How is it any different?  The Abu Dhabi people have already admitted that we were on there list ahead of Man City.  So they obviously didn't come to Ashley and say "name your price".  Also Shiniwatra was hardly in a position to haggle..

His son was at one of our pre-season friendlies and there's a rumour they will be at the Standard Liege game on thursday

I still don't expect Bill to sell though. It will turn out that these billionaires aren't "the right person" to take over the club

This is a very nice house, exactly what we're looking for but a bit expensive. We're going to see another one in Everton tomorrow. If you want to drop the price give us a ring. Bye.

We're boned

Don't understand that.    This is GREAT news.  They ARE going to buy us.  They want us.  Now we know . . .

Ashley (though 'stubborn') will sell.  When he 'wakes up and smells the roses' he will NOT want to keep us.

Its p e r f e c t !!!!

We should ALL be -   :dance:

Ashley turned down the group that bought city - who have money to burn and he has turned down this indian guy. I dont think he's going to sell up anytime soon. Get used to it

THAT was in a different lifetime (even if correct) . . .  A whole DIFFERENT lifetime (from now).  Things - for Ashley - have completely changed now , , ,

Ashley turned down the group that bought city - who have money to burn and he has turned down this indian guy. I dont think he's going to sell up anytime soon. Get used to it

Source?

Source?

Was in Arabian business weekly or something, was a story from the guy who broke news of the City takeover first. Also if I'm correct it had quotes from the guy who's taken over saying he looked at 3 clubs and Newcastle were one of them.

His son was at one of our pre-season friendlies and there's a rumour they will be at the Standard Liege game on thursday

I still don't expect Bill to sell though. It will turn out that these billionaires aren't "the right person" to take over the club

In reality what mitigates aginst buying Everton is the ground. And, I must say, only the ground. Fantastic club, fantastic support, outstanding manager, good squad but you need a major investment on the ground. Otherwise, imo, no argument.

Source?

Was in Arabian business weekly or something, was a story from the guy who broke news of the City takeover first. Also if I'm correct it had quotes from the guy who's taken over saying he looked at 3 clubs and Newcastle were one of them.

Even if correct - this is not relevant to the current situation (in my view).

THAT was in a different lifetime (even if correct) . . .  A whole DIFFERENT lifetime (from now).  Things - for Ashley - have completely changed now , , ,

Nothing's changed. In a month this will have all blown over.

Be outside and around and then in the ground tomorrow - then tell me nothing has changed and it will all blow over in a month!!

In reality what mitigates aginst buying Everton is the ground. And, I must say, only the ground. Fantastic club, fantastic support, outstanding manager, good squad but you need a major investment on the ground. Otherwise, imo, no argument.

Yeah for most potential investors it would be but maybe the more rich/ambitious would like the opportunity of building a new ground somewhere with surrounding developments by their own companies. If they're an egomaniac they could even name the stadium after themselves :lol:

Be outside and around and then in the ground tomorrow - then tell me nothing has changed and it will all blow over in a month!!

Already in 2 weeks the mood has somewhat softened.

That is before you consider we haven't done 3 things yet which will rally the fans and soften attitudes - Play a game, Win a game and hire a manager. I mean if we beat Hull and West Ham then how many fans will protest against Blackburn?

And the boycott of Ashley's business will not somehow cripple him and force him to sell up.

Another big problem away from that piont is Ashley's selling price would include the £70m he used to clear debts, that is value that simply doesn't exist in the club but Ashley would need to get out of a buyer to make the sale viable. And with other options available investors simply won't pay that extra £70m.

Guest kirkpatrick9

Mike Ashleys position is impossible.

It just sounds like some journo has been phoning round the Reliance Group, trying to find someone, ie anyone in the organisation, who's going to say something. They've finally succeeded, but for all we know 'A Spokesman' might be someone in a very junior position, repeating a piece of office gossip.

It's made  it to this mornings Daily Post

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2008/09/13/tycoon-sets-his-sights-on-everton-64375-21809380/

Still not convinced about this though

If that's true, it pretty much scotches all this talk of Ambani being a Newcastle fan then. He's just going to whoever will sell up for less. Or just trying to make Ashley sweat a bit more. We shall see.