Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtf? Who said that we would be the new Shitty just because of a new owner? A owner with some ambisions would be nice for a start.

some what? :D

Ambitions.  :lol:

:lol: A new owner that is willing to continue what we've started would have been nice. But I fear that because of the size of Ambani's wallet, he's liable of splashing the cash widely, just to prove himself.

how much would any new owner be able to spend with the new financial regulations coming in ?

As much as he likes. They apply only to entry into UEFA competitions.

sounds good. he could spend as much as he wants provided we don't get into europe. we may get sponsorship off UKIP.

He has been linked with trying to buy a few clubs over the past few years but there has never ever been any quotes from him or his representatives. Was linked with us in the past as well all know but was linked with Everton too & there were links with Everton before the new yanks got it.

I think a takeover at the end of the season is on the cards, I don't know why, I've just had a feeling all season, especially with the Carroll sale putting the club back in the black.

I think a takeover at the end of the season is on the cards, I don't know why, I've just had a feeling all season, especially with the Carroll sale putting the club back in the black.

The 10 year season ticket deal

And? Shepherd gave Allardyce a three year contract and then sold the club.

And? Shepherd gave Allardyce a three year contract and then sold the club.

not sure how that is even relevant but anyway Shepherd didn't want to sell the club IIRC

When a new owner eventually does come in, they're going to have a job or two on their hands like.

Noticed on the stadium tour yesterday that SportsDirect.com is splattered absolutely everywhere (advertising boards, dugouts, the Gallowgate roof, the TV advert boards) - there's even a SportsDirect.com conference suite :lol:

When a new owner eventually does come in, they're going to have a job or two on their hands like.

Noticed on the stadium tour yesterday that SportsDirect.com is splattered absolutely everywhere (advertising boards, dugouts, the Gallowgate roof, the TV advert boards) - there's even a SportsDirect.com conference suite :lol:

How did it go?

Who did it, it might be someone i know :lol:

The amount of people in the ground who must be oblivious to the big f*** off SD signs must be huge

So the only options available to us are to be a laughing stock with a cluless twat in charge or to be Man City?  What about all the other clubs in the league?  Why weren't the same people opposed to us being taken over by a sports billionaire in the first place for the same reasons?

I'd welcome any takeover to be honest, with our current ownership you'd be mad to not gamble for what's in the box.  I'd take Freddie back in a heartbeat.

Guest toonlass

So the only options available to us are to be a laughing stock with a cluless twat in charge or to be Man City?  What about all the other clubs in the league?  Why weren't the same people opposed to us being taken over by a sports billionaire in the first place for the same reasons?

I'd welcome any takeover to be honest, with our current ownership you'd be mad to not gamble for what's in the box.  I'd take Freddie back in a heartbeat.

Fuck off man. Freddie Shepherd would have bloody bankrupted us by now!

Reading a very interesting book lately and they say that over the long term, the bigger teams will always be big and the small teams will always be small. And they're right, of course. That gives me hope for the future. This Ashley era has been a disastrous hell, but one day he'll go. One day he'll sell up, one day we'll have a good owner and one day the good times will be back. We just have to patiently get over this roadbump. It may be Ambani, it may be somebody else. But we'll get there eventually  :aww:

So the only options available to us are to be a laughing stock with a cluless twat in charge or to be Man City?  What about all the other clubs in the league?  Why weren't the same people opposed to us being taken over by a sports billionaire in the first place for the same reasons?

I'd welcome any takeover to be honest, with our current ownership you'd be mad to not gamble for what's in the box.  I'd take Freddie back in a heartbeat.

Fuck off man. Freddie Shepherd would have bloody bankrupted us by now!

Don't be daft, successful clubs operate with high levels of debt.  That's the way of the world at the moment.  Football fans support what's going on on the pitch, we don't sit around with a smug set of satisfaction because we have less debt than Man U.  Ashley would have relegated us by now.  Oh, wait, he did.

We'll never get stability under this regime, we'll never make anything of the club with this moron in charge.  We've seen that demonstrated time and again.  The best we can hope for is to tread water well enough between each catastrophe that we don't plummet like a stone.  Again.

So the only options available to us are to be a laughing stock with a cluless t*** in charge or to be Man City?  What about all the other clubs in the league?  Why weren't the same people opposed to us being taken over by a sports billionaire in the first place for the same reasons?

You're absolutely bunkers!  Read this article, it gives you a pretty good idea of how fucked the club's economy was when MA took over.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/newcastle-uniteds-finances-in-black-and.html

MA did contribute to our relegation (probably because of his inexperience of running a football club), but everything was already set in motion by FS. MA bought a sinking ship. He would probably never have bought this club if he knew how bad state the club was in. If it wasn't for MA, FS would have continued his mismanagement, driving the club in to economical administration and NUFC would have ended on the scrapheap together with Leeds..

So the only options available to us are to be a laughing stock with a cluless t*** in charge or to be Man City?  What about all the other clubs in the league?  Why weren't the same people opposed to us being taken over by a sports billionaire in the first place for the same reasons?

f*** off man. Freddie Shepherd would have bloody bankrupted us by now!

Don't be daft, successful clubs operate with high levels of debt.  That's the way of the world at the moment.  Football fans support what's going on on the pitch, we don't sit around with a smug set of satisfaction because we have less debt than Man U.  Ashley would have relegated us by now.  Oh, wait, he did.

We'll never get stability under this regime, we'll never make anything of the club with this moron in charge.  We've seen that demonstrated time and again.  The best we can hope for is to tread water well enough between each catastrophe that we don't plummet like a stone.  Again.

Fuck me, I thought the Freddie lovers had come to their senses by now.

Relegated and out of business by Shepherd, not just relegated.

Anyway, saw this on the Chronicles comments about the supposed buyout, thought it was top class.

"Onc upon a time in a galaxy far far away there was a local paper. Dark forces where in toon and freedom of speech was outlawed. The Republic had many spies and far reaching hands. A proud historical footie club was chosen as there base of operations. People where starved of attractive football and tactics became a thing of the past.

So far reaching where the republican hands that local papers stopped printing news worthy stories. Articles where replaced with headlines such as fred bloggs hits thumb with hammer and worse was to come......Sporting stories ceased to exsist. The Jedi Geordies very life source was taken from them.

There is however a growing rebellion and one day a new hero will arise from the ashes and this republican guard (rumoured to have come from the south of the country) Will be swept aside and once again peace and good footbal shall return and the chronicle MAY jus may learn how to once more represent its people the way they should have all along"

Shepherd would have took us down, only we'd have stayed down unable to get rid of the debts he enforced on to the club. Basically we wouldn't be here right now, and were only here due to Ashley's money.

I could imagine Shepherd offering Owen £200kpw to stay and play in the Championship, he'd have seen it as a real coup to keep him on. That's the kind of mentality the tit end had, even though Ashley has done a bad job, especially on his relationship with the fans, i'd take him over previous any day of the week.

Shepherd would have took us down, only we'd have stayed down unable to get rid of the debts he enforced on to the club. Basically we wouldn't be here right now, and were only here due to Ashley's money.

I could imagine Shepherd offering Owen £200kpw to stay and play in the Championship, he'd have seen it as a real coup to keep him on. That's the kind of mentality the tit end had, even though Ashley has done a bad job, especially on his relationship with the fans, i'd take him over previous any day of the week.

This! Some tend to forget to ask themselves: What would have happened if MA did not buy the club? As Toon's T. mentions, its' likely that we without MA  still would have suffered relegation. That would have destroyed us since we wouldn't have had access to MA's money to keep us afloat.