Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I'm not usually one to pre-judge someone based on how supposedly horrible they were as a player, or percieved as by fans, but for the life of me I can't imagine Ince commanding the respect of a dressing room. He was always so full of himself it would probably get right on everyone's wick every time he opened his big mouth. The only chink of light is that Wise has worked with him and must have seen something.

Poyet strikes me as being more intelligent and someone professional players could relate to. I've just got a feeling he is going to become a very good manager, but it will probably be somewhere else.

Would it really be healthy for the club to have the 2 of the most important roles, staffed by 2 people who were almost to a man, hated by everyone one of our fans because of their arrogant, cocky, nasty manner when they were players?

i agree with the not having wise or poyet as manager because i don't think they are up to it more so than their "previous". look at roy keane and his previous contrasted with his present demeanour.

I can respect that, there's reason behind it rather than "cockney cunt", "horrible bastard" etc. Both are rated as up and coming managers though. Before everyone throws their hands in the air in disgust, we might reflect that the two managers chosen before Ashley were Souness and Roeder.

I'm not usually one to pre-judge someone based on how supposedly horrible they were as a player, or percieved as by fans, but for the life of me I can't imagine Ince commanding the respect of a dressing room. He was always so full of himself it would probably get right on everyone's wick every time he opened his big mouth. The only chink of light is that Wise has worked with him and must have seen something.

Poyet strikes me as being more intelligent and someone professional players could relate to. I've just got a feeling he is going to become a very good manager, but it will probably be somewhere else.

Would it really be healthy for the club to have the 2 of the most important roles, staffed by 2 people who were almost to a man, hated by everyone one of our fans because of their arrogant, cocky, nasty manner when they were players?

i agree with the not having wise or poyet as manager because i don't think they are up to it more so than their "previous". look at roy keane and his previous contrasted with his present demeanour.

I can respect that, there's reason behind it rather than "cockney c***", "horrible b******" etc. Both are rated as up and coming managers though. Before everyone throws their hands in the air in disgust, we might reflect that the two managers chosen before Ashley were Souness and Roeder.

don't really see how. poyets never managed and wise said he wanted to get out of the day to day running if a team.

I can respect that, there's reason behind it rather than "cockney c***", "horrible b******" etc. Both are rated as up and coming managers though. Before everyone throws their hands in the air in disgust, we might reflect that the two managers chosen before Ashley were Souness and Roeder.

don't really see how. poyets never managed and wise said he wanted to get out of the day to day running if a team.

Didn't realise you were talking about Wise, I meant Poyet and Ince. I know Poyet hasn't managed, but he seems to be well regarded wherever he's been involved; Swindon, Leeds and now Spurs.

Ince just comes across as a loudmouth twat to me but that's just my impression.

Didn't realise you were talking about Wise, I meant Poyet and Ince. I know Poyet hasn't managed, but he seems to be well regarded wherever he's been involved; Swindon, Leeds and now Spurs.

Ince just comes across as a loudmouth t*** to me but that's just my impression.

ince has done a roy keane since he moved into management ie grown up a bit, but i still don't think he;s ready for us yet

Godzilla so he can step on fat Ashley's head.

Parky, I'm sure you have your own views, I'd much rather see them than hear about Godzilla 2nd hand, look at Peasepud's photoshop expertise from TT, and look at a bunch of selective quotes probably pinched from someone else as well.

In all honesty we should try and tie up Didier before Domenech loses another game.

Wise should be familiar enough with him, but at the same time he is a legitimate up and coming young manager.

don't you reckon didier will know this and hang out for the french job ?

Why in gods name would he come?

He showed interest last time around and no matter what anyone says we would be an attractive job for most managers.

As far as the French jod goes, there are already whispers that Blanc would be considered, and he is interested. Now considering how well Blanc has done with Bordeaux, and considering Deschamps has been out of work for a little bit, Blanc is more likely  to get the gig.

It's down to 3. (they reckon)

Paul Ince - A gamble, and a job for the boys, a pointless appointment for everyone concerned.

Guy Poyet - A move that would make me emotionally walk away from the club until he and the board leave. I couldn't support such a move, just like Souness but with huge backstabbing underhand motives.

Didier Deschamps - Someone who could work with the system imo, and not a bad move. Has managed on the continent and done well, young ambitious and high rep.

It's down to 3. (they reckon)

Paul Ince - A gamble, and a job for the boys, a pointless appointment for everyone concerned.

Guy Poyet - A move that would make me emotionally walk away from the club until he and the board leave. I couldn't support such a move, just like Souness but with huge backstabbing underhand motives.

Didier Deschamps - Someone who could work with the system imo, and not a bad move. Has managed on the continent and done well, young ambitious and high rep.

As if it is really a choice