Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

Sky sink to new reporting lows. David Craig "thinks" Alan Oliver has "said".....

It really can't get much worse can it?

"Sky Sports and David Craig believe wholeheartedly that Alan Oliver (top newcastle fan and prize winning sports writer) knows for a fact that Paul Ince is being handed the task of steadying the fast sinking ship that is Newcastle United while club owner downs pints, pisses in the river Tyne and eats Geordie children"

hmmm...i'd say that's worse  :pow:

I'd like Mancini with Zola assisting.

It would only be a matter of time before the board pissed Mancini enough to resign by which stage Zola would have at least cut his teeth further in coaching and know the Newcastle set up well enough to take over.

Mancini? No way...

why not?

He has a winning CV. He's my first choice considering Marcelino is unavailable.

Because of the brand of his football...

I dunno, Mancini was a pretty good forward back in his day.

I'm sure Mancini was smart enough to consider that in Italy he needed to play defensively.  Moreover, there probably was a 'director of football' suggesting that style. 

Mancini is smart enough to adapt a different style here.

He's had some time at Leicester (albeit very short) but he would know what the Premier league is like and what the fans are like.

The man himself says:

"I had always wanted to play in the Premier League and was lucky to have done so, even very briefly. What I like most about the way football is lived in England is that a match is still essentially a sporting event." If one day he had to choose between a top coaching job in England and one in Spain? "England, definitely, for the spirit that exists there."

from: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20050305/ai_n11855084

Sorry but when you look at Inters attacking options to play defensive would seem crazy, Adriano, Ibra, Cruz, Suazo, Recoba, Stankovic, Figo, Solari, Crespo, their squad was by in large attacking minded players. Its very much his style, and while he had a better defence at inter i think his style would be destroyed in the Premier League. He is an "ok" coach but had he lost the league last year it would have been shambles, something they almost did suggesting pressure situations aren't for him.

When it comes to his wish to manage in England i'd see it more motivated by money, at the end of the day, there are no real jobs in Spain he could have at the minute, yet alone one that would appeal and allow for his large spending.

As for Zola, as Assistant yes, but in main role no, I love Zola, as a player he just destroyed the Premier League and was magic, but as much as people are quoting his tenure as U21 Azzuri coach they must remember he is coach, and to be honest he does not hold much power or really do a great deal, when it comes to training Casaraghi (The manager) sets this, he talks with players, picks the team, Zola is very much their on short term basis, he goes on trips and will occasionally help with elements, but I question if he is truly ready.

Guest black n white

Alan Oliver

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Alan Oliver is the chief sports writer for the Evening Chronicle, based in Newcastle Upon Tyne, where he has written stories on the subject of Newcastle United since the 1980s. Alan continues to be one of (if not THE) worst journalist in the history of the universe, writing absolute tripe, mostly made up on tha back of unfounded speculation and rumour. It is unknown wether he has ever written anything with a scrap of truth in it.

He wrote an unofficial book about Kevin Keegan's time as manager of the club entitled Geordie Messiah [1].

Guest afternoonfix

Newcastle consider shock move for Blackburn manager Paul Ince

By Dan Silver, Mirror.co.uk 10/09/2008

Paul Ince

Paul Ince (Pic:DM)

Recently appointed Blackburn manager Paul Ince is being touted as a shock contender to replace Kevin Keegan as Newcastle United manager.

Influential and traidtionally well-informed local newspaper the Newcastle Echo have revealed that Toon chiefs are seriously considering a move for the former England international – and, crucially,  close friend of Newcastle’s controversial director of football Dennis Wise.

The paper says that Newcastle’s board will scrutinise Blackburn’s Premier League game against Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal on Saturday before making a decision on whether to add Ince to their shortlist of candidates.

Ince’s meteoric rise up the football management ladder has seen him move from League Two (with Macclesfield) to the Premier League in just under two years.

He signed a four year deal at Ewood Park last June, meaning Blackburn Rovers would be due considerable compensation should Ince actually move to Newcastle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/10/newcastle-consider-shock-move-for-blackburn-manager-paul-ince-115875-20731319/

christ

Newcastle consider shock move for Blackburn manager Paul Ince

By Dan Silver, Mirror.co.uk 10/09/2008

Paul Ince

Paul Ince (Pic:DM)

Recently appointed Blackburn manager Paul Ince is being touted as a shock contender to replace Kevin Keegan as Newcastle United manager.

Influential and traidtionally well-informed local newspaper the Newcastle Echo have revealed that Toon chiefs are seriously considering a move for the former England international and, crucially,  close friend of Newcastles controversial director of football Dennis Wise.

The paper says that Newcastles board will scrutinise Blackburns Premier League game against Arsene Wengers Arsenal on Saturday before making a decision on whether to add Ince to their shortlist of candidates.

Inces meteoric rise up the football management ladder has seen him move from League Two (with Macclesfield) to the Premier League in just under two years.

He signed a four year deal at Ewood Park last June, meaning Blackburn Rovers would be due considerable compensation should Ince actually move to Newcastle.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/09/10/newcastle-consider-shock-move-for-blackburn-manager-paul-ince-115875-20731319/

christ

What is this Newcastle Echo?

Classic media spin to put a a name out even worse than the guy about to come in - 'Thank god we got Poyet and not Ince!'

how is Ince worse than Poyet?

To be honest both are bad, but at least Ince has managed a football club before.