Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

gotta be deschamps from the possibles at the minute, imo

I'm surprised we haven't made him an offer if that's the case. If he's reluctant to commit in case he gets the French job, we should probably move on. He might get it, he might not assuming it even becomes available in the next month or so. Too many if's and buts if you ask me.

I'm surprised we haven't made him an offer if that's the case. If he's reluctant to commit in case he gets the French job, we should probably move on. He might get it, he might not assuming it even becomes available in the next month or so. Too mayne if's and buts if you ask me.

Maybe we have and we are just waiting to get the weekend, with all the abuse and protests out the way. Wouldnt have been an ideal game for a new manager

I'm surprised we haven't made him an offer if that's the case. If he's reluctant to commit in case he gets the French job, we should probably move on. He might get it, he might not assuming it even becomes available in the next month or so. Too mayne if's and buts if you ask me.

Maybe we have and we are just waiting to get the weekend, with all the abuse and protests out the way. Wouldnt have been an ideal game for a new manager

yeah its possible we could have given him until monday to decide imo

Would make sense, especially if it's a Poyet appointment, i honestly think NUFC could be done for incenting a riot if they announced it beforehand.

Would make sense, especially if it's a Poyet appointment, i honestly think NUFC could be done for incenting a riot if they announced it beforehand.

:lol:

Would be nice to think so, but the suggestion that Hughton has been told he might be in charge for 3 weeks doesn't really tie in with that.

Would be nice to think so, but the suggestion that Hughton has been told he might be in charge for 3 weeks doesn't really tie in with that.

oh i didnt hear about that. i wonder if that means they've given someone (i.e deschamps) that long to decide, or they're just not doing anything in a hurry. would make sense i suppose, i imagine there's a lot of things to be agreed on before anyone takes the job.

Not sure whether Ince's comments mean anything. Its so difficult to believe anyone these days. Quotes to the media mean nothing to me.

Must admit though my first reaction was that he obviously is in for it and is just fielding the question.

If we had gone for him before Keegan I might have thought it a bold, adventerous move (as I felt Blackburns was).

Now I just dont know what I think

If we appoint Ince, that would be all of the Milner money gone in one swoop.

Good point. What kind of idea is it to buy out a manager's contract after only three matches? :lol:

Probably a good point to stop and reflect that this rumour was started by Alan Oliver after extensive wikipedia research.

If we appoint Ince, that would be all of the Milner money gone in one swoop.

Good point. What kind of idea is it to buy out a manager's contract after only three matches? :lol:

Probably a good point to stop and reflect that this rumour was started by Alan Oliver after extensive wikipedia research.

Aye. Just shows how it can snowball though. :(

It's down to 3. (they reckon)

Paul Ince - A gamble, and a job for the boys, a pointless appointment for everyone concerned.

Guy Poyet - A move that would make me emotionally walk away from the club until he and the board leave. I couldn't support such a move, just like Souness but with huge backstabbing underhand motives.

Didier Deschamps - Someone who could work with the system imo, and not a bad move. Has managed on the continent and done well, young ambitious and high rep.

here`s the Chron link for those that havent seen. Nowt that we didn`t know already

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/three-in-the-race-for-nufc-hot-seat-72703-21805119/

At least with Ince, we won't have to be worried that the board are signing the players.

Blackburn transfers:

Paul Robinson

Robbie Fowler

Keith Andrews

Julio Santa Cruz

Mark Bunn

Danny Simpson (loan)

Carlos Villaneuva (loan)

They are understood to have received 38 serious applications for the role, which they have now narrowed down to the shortlist of three.

And they came up with Ince and Poyet with Deschamps as an outsider?

Dear god, Oliver had better be fucking wrong. :suicide:

They are understood to have received 38 serious applications for the role, which they have now narrowed down to the shortlist of three.

And they came up with Ince and Poyet with Deschamps as an outsider?

Dear god, Oliver had better be fucking wrong. :suicide:

Year after year Oliver comes up with really shit players and managers, basically because he doesn't have much knowledge of football outside of Britain.

However if true, people better start singing Deschamps' name on Saturday.

If Zico or Terim arent being considered for the job i dont know what ill do, would be scandalous to have Ince and Poyet in more favourable positions than these 2 - this is all about getting someone to cooperate with Wise rather than someone who will do the best with the team, and no matter which way i look at it, i cant accept that at all.

I can only hope the press have as little clue about our next manager as they did about our summer signings.

Jonas - came from nowhere.

Guthrie - whispered a month or so prior due to player 'telling Bolton'.

Bassong - still not even acknowledged by most.

Coloccini - leaked in Spain due to angry agent.

Xisco - came on Spanish websites as he was supposedly on a plane here.

Gonzalez - confirmed by Valencia's website first.

Manager?

Poyet's already got the job IMO.

I'd be happy with that tbh. He'd fit in well, has a good understanding of English football, and will be able to provide a good bridge for the English players and the South Americans.

Oliver seems to think there's no chance of him leaving Spurs though.