Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I honestly couldnt give a flying fuck who is in charge of the team right now. If they are capable of stabilising us and getting us a few results on the pitch that keeps our head above water, then I will be truly grateful for that persons help - whoever he may be.

Dennis Wise will do till we get a new owner. Better than Hughton at any rate.

Dennis Wise would get my vote as caretaker manager ahead of O'Bleary, Curbishley or Hughton. He'll believe in the new signings and he won't be scared of reputations. Short term he might just be the job to stop these players feeling sorry for themselves and put some drive back in the squad.

Go all out for Houllier IMO.

Was previously interested, will get the squad together, has the experience, is respected and more than anything else might keep Michael Owen here longer than January.

Might understandably not fancy the job under the current circumstances, however at his age might also like the short term appeal of steadying the ship.

Can see O'Leary here by weds though. El Tel has already turned us down apparently so I doubt we are even thinking outside the British box.

I respect Wenger and Fergie, but they are bound to stick up for a fellow manager above a businessman they've never met, and they don't know what really went on any more than we do.

My preffered situation would be for them to keep their beaks out.

This is the sort of comment that makes other clubs' fans think that NUFC supporters have ideas above their station...Wenger and Ferguson's opinions carry a great deal more weight(justifiably)than this sort of remark on a fans' website.

It also smacks of arrogance - despite disagreeing with your views, I still acknowledge that you are entitled to them , so it is a bit silly to say that these 2 top managers should 'keep their beaks out'..

In fact, such a comment could even be construed by some as being from a Board Ally.......!

So do you think Ferguson was right when he said we should have stuck by Allardyce instead of sacking him?

What has Allardyce got to do with Keegan ? There is absolutely NO comparison between the performances of the two managers either on OR off the field and that applies to both mens' previous stints at other clubs. What is more, Allardyce is a known friend of Fergie whereas KK is not as close, so Fergie's comments about KK are even more relevant...

Do YOU think Wenger was also wrong? He never mentioned Allardyce's sacking, but he HAS commented about KK's.

Truth is, you have basically lost the argument about whether KK should have left because of Board interference ; you believe in the so-called 'Continental' system which seems to be Ashley & Llambias' preferred option, whereas Wenger & Ferguson clearly don't - despite attempts by Ashley & Co to dress it up as an 'Arsenal' system.

My point is that you think Ferguson's comment carry a great deal of weight, which funnily enough seems to be when they agree with your point of view.

If we had a manager as good as either then I'd agree with them, since we've got no chance of getting one anywhere near as good then I'm happy to stick with our system.

Your logic just doesn't add up - you say that because we haven't got a manager like Ferguson or Wenger, you want to 'stick with the system' ; 'The System' has NOT been proven to work in the Prem - do you think Aston Villa, for example, would wish to adopt 'The system' because they don't employ Fergie or Wenger?

Absolutely NOT - they are in 4th place(a position most clubs in the Prem would die for), have stability, a good young side, have just signed one of our young players(who I predict will go on to win things with them), and have made steady and satisfactory progress since O'Neill took over 2 years ago....

Would you turn down the chance of having a manager who has achieved this sort of progress just because he wanted to buy & sell his own players? Don't tell me that the vast majority of NUFC fans wouldn't rather have O'Neill as manager , making his OWN decisions about players than some Continental Coach who they haven't heard of, because I just wouldn't believe it.

If a new buyer was to take the club over and couldn't get KK back, you can bet your life that most fans would jump at the chance of getting MON - IF he was mad enough to accept such an offer.

Fans are NOT interested in 'Systems' - they want a successful manager who makes decisions about his own staff - AND some stability at the club ; without that, nothing and no-one will succeed.

They don't actually, they want a successful team and don't really give a s*** how that comes about.

It certainly WON'T come about under the current system and you are wrong in that fans DO want a decent manager because they know that success won't arrive without one, even if Ashley & Co seem to believe that in their La La Land of Football...

thats almost as bad as my Venables claims! No quotes, no names yet apparently 8 have turned the job down. Farce is the right word, but ironically written.

"Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?" now seems a redundant question really. It's not about who we want anymore and hasn't been since the off. No self-respecting manager worth his salt will come into this scenario for any amount of money...and for people to be talking of Robert Martinez simply serves to underline that brutal fact. :(

A very good young Spanish manager doing well with Swansea City at the moment. He has them playing very nice football atm but defence is v.shaky. Under normal circumstaces he would be worth ago but he will be fighting a losing battle with this farce of a set up.

Newcastle's search for a new manager to replace Kevin Keegan continues with eight managers already rejecting the chance to take over at St James' Park. (Sunday Mirror)

Former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has joined former Leeds and Aston Villa boss David O'Leary on owner Mike Ashley's shortlist. (Sunday Express)

Let's get Avram Grant.

there's been worse suggested. i'd be comfortable with that as an interim measure.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if he could bring Chelsea's players with him. Not sure he's up to much without them.