Who Do You Want As Keegan's Replacement?

Tooj

I'd love to see Ketbaia get a chance, he's really impressed me with what he's done in the CL and I think he's someone the fans would get behind.

Absolutely not what we need at the minute.

I'd love to see Ketbaia get a chance, he's really impressed me with what he's done in the CL and I think he's someone the fans would get behind.

Absolutely not what we need at the minute.

Why?

I think he's done well but its still very early days for him. He would be likely out of touch with the English game and would just represent a huge gamble.

Mark Hughes must be under pressure now after City's recent results....he could possibly just become available  just as the takeover goes through!!

What has Mark Hughes done that is so impressive? I wouldn't consider him.

Can't believe i'm typing this really...

Dunno why but i really wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Steve Bruce tbh. :undecided:  His record in the transfer market is what impresses the most, really. He knows how to spot a bargain but he's generally spent very wisely aswell. I know, i don't suppose that's the right sort of managerial criteria considering we may have megabucks when the new owners come in... Also, he's good at saving and stabilising clubs. His work with Brum and Wigan attest to that. We need that. I like him as a person too; he comes across as honest, passionate and intelligent. Aye that should be a given but it hasn't been with our last few managers (aside from KK).

Would he take us forward long-term? That's the main question, really. He'd take a fair wad to pay off but if the owners are ambitious that won't be an issue.

Anyone else feel this way? Pro-Bruce?

mackems.gif

Whys that such a bad shout? Young, passionate, done brilliant things with the club he's at, would have a great affiliation with the fans. Not that stupid to be honest.

Serious question, but any difference between Hughes & Souness?

Hughes went to Blackburn, did a decent job with what he had in front of him, but like Souness, looks like he's went to a big club and looks miles out of his depth. A team with Richards, Zabaleta, Elano, Kompany, Ireland, SWP & Robinho should not be sitting there 2 points off the bottom.

Serious question, but any difference between Hughes & Souness?

Hughes went to Blackburn, did a decent job with what he had in front of him, but like Souness, looks like he's went to a big club and looks miles out of his depth. A team with Richards, Zabaleta, Elano, Kompany, Ireland, SWP & Robinho should not be sitting there 2 points off the bottom.

Hughes seems to be a decent motivator but when motivation alone isn't getting the job done he's lost.  At Blackburn he put together a nasty vindictive side that also had just enough flair to look decent (a bit like Hughes as a player).  At City he's got players who need experience and tactical knowledge neither of which he has.